• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Different Chase Marriott Credit Card offers [merged threads]

dive-in

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Waiohai Beach Club
I've seen others post about offers from Chase that I've never received and wondered why I never got the same offer. I found what happened yesterday quite interesting.

My wife and I both received offers yesterday in the mail from Chase for our Marriott cards. I opened mine and checked it out. Later, I was going to the computer to go through the registration process for the offer and I had grabbed my wife's flyer instead of mine. What caught my eye was we had two different offers.

Mine: Make 20 purchases a month with the card in July, August, and September and get a free night at a Cat. 1-4 property. Registration for the promotion required.

Wife: Spend $2500/month with the card in July, August, and September and get a free night at a Cat. 1-4 property. No registration for the promotion required.

My company helps create the "buckets" of candidates for marketing campaigns. Just wish I could see what criteria they used to put me in a "bucket" for one offer and her in another. Getting my free night should be a piece of cake. I like to travel but I'm not sure I want my wife to get her free night. :eek:

Former Cruiser

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got one yesterday. Only have to make 15 purchases each month between July and September to get one night.

Last edited:

Kazy

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think that I have the best deal---10 purchases per month for July through Sept for one free night, category 1-4.

aka Julie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shadow Ridge (platinum)
Husband and I both got the same offer -- 20 purchases per month. I find it surprising that there is no minimum purchase requirement (but I'm glad).

Andar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Newport Coast Villas
Shadow Ridge
My offer was spend x dollars per those three month. Based on the $ amount I would guess it is the average to high monthly usage for each customer.

Travelmom64

TUG Member
Reaction score
Me too

I think that I have the best deal---10 purchases per month for July through Sept for one free night, category 1-4.

I received this offer as well!

Numismatist

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got make 10 purchases a month get a free night. Hopefully they don't mean 10 timeshare purchases each month:hysterical:

Bolen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marriott Visa Promotion: Spend $3500 July, August, & September for two free days???

Hello, I know this is not actually a Timesharing issue but I'm hoping other Marriott owner Tuggers got this same promotion:

Recently (within the last 3 weeks) we got a New Promotion to the house, and if memory serves (no longer a given) it came as a flyer included with the last Marriott Visa billing statement. The gist of the offer was that if we spent at least $3500 on our Marriott Visa Card in each of months July, August, & September that we would earn two free nights in a Marriott system hotel up to a Catagory 4. There was no Opt In process or Code Number that I saw, so I assumed all you had to do was do the spending to qualify.

Then, yesterday I had a question about the promotion, and called Marriott Visa for clarification. Here's the problem, and why I'm asking for help in this Thread. Marriott said they had no record of my participation in this promotion, so they asked me to produce the flyer. Well, I can't find it. As the promotion seemed to be automatic if one did the spending, it never occurred to me to save it, though I probably did, but just can't locate it...

Therefore, I'm wondering if this was a targeted mailing, and perhaps other Tuggers received the same promotion. If so, and you have the flyer, is there a sign up process that I missed, or a participation code, or an informational web site referenced? This is a good deal for us because we can qualify, just by pre paying a few bills, and tracking what we spend and getting it in the months specified, but not spend any additional money... However, without the flier, or some sort of proof, etc. I'm beginning to wonder if I just dreamt the whole episode. Anybody know anything about this? Thanks up front for any help that comes in... Bob

ringlese

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marriott Promotion

We also received this flyer but really could not qualify so my husband threw it away.

Bolen

TUG Member
Reaction score
OK, thanks... So at least I know I wasn't dreaming. Now if only somebody has the flier and can look for an opt in process, or a web site or a phone number... Or maybe, I'm just dreaming now...:)

Cheers, Bob

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
No sign-up is required. I have the flier in front of me. Just use the card. However, it's important to know the details. As indicated in this thread (with which I merged your posts), the offer varies by individual. However, unless your offer was different, you will get only one free night.

gblotter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mountainside x 2
Maui Ocean Club x 2
Ko Olina Beach Club x 1
I currently don't have a Marriott credit card. Here is the promotional offer I received in the mail.

- $65 annual fee
- Make only one purchase.
- Receive 30K MRP after first purchase.
- Receive free night in category 1-4 hotel after first purchase.
- Receive free night in category 1-6 hotel every year thereafter upon renewal.
- 17 MRP for each dollar spent at a Marriott property.

The free nights alone make the deal worth the $65 annual fee, so I decided to sign up.

Bolen

TUG Member
Reaction score
No sign-up is required. I have the flier in front of me. Just use the card. However, it's important to know the details. As indicated in this thread (with which I merged your posts), the offer varies by individual. However, unless your offer was different, you will get only one free night.

Mine was a different offer Dave because it was definately 2 Free Nights; awarded 6 to 8 weeks after qualifying, then you had 6 months in which to use them. I too saw no other qualification other than using the card, which is why I may have pitched it, but was blind sided by Marriott saying they showed no record of my being offered participation, and put the onus on me to prove otherwise... Seems wrong, so I guess I will have to speak to Managers until I get one with some leeway, and/or write a few complaint letters...

Thanks, Bob