• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Delta flight that was forced to return to Atlanta shows aftermath of passenger's horrific bout of diarrhea that caused 'biohazard issue'

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)

Footage from Barcelona-bound Delta flight that was forced to return to Atlanta shows aftermath of passenger's horrific bout of diarrhea that caused 'biohazard issue'​

• Footage has revealed the aftermath of horrific diarrhea that forced a Delta flight to U-turn on Friday
  • Following the incident, it took cleanup crews five hours to scrub the jet while 336 travelers waited in limbo for hours

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
A few years back i started feeling ill flying home from a safari in Tanzania. My wife and son picked me up at SFO, and before we got to the parking garage i threw up in a garbage can. By the time I got home, I was super sick,.. really glad that did not start on the plane.. That would have been awful.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've already posted about an early morning flight on Air West where the ground crew had filled the toilets with the blue goo without first draining off the day's contents. As the plane pushed back, this blue tidal wave ran forward up the aisle. We went back to the gate, and deplaned. We waited while the holding tanks were drained off and the carpet vacuumed.

Add that to the reasons to NEVER fly barefooted.

Jim

emeryjre

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am not going to look
I do not want that image floating around in my brain
I have been on a Navy Ship where 70% of the crew experienced sea sickness in a gale/typhoon
I was in the 30%
It still gives me nightmares

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
I was surprised to read that Delta could not find a different plane for this flight, even at their super hub Atlanta.

From what I read they spent over 3 hours trying to clean the plane, and finally just ripped the carpet out, and the plane made the flight without carpeting in that section.

Tank

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV South Beach Myrtle Beach
HICV Lake Geneva
HICV Gatlinburg
HICV Orange Lake Kissemee
I’m tapping out

Not going to see it

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Wondering if the passenger is ok now? If you are feeling sick, it’s best not to get on a plane, train or bus. Thinking of the other passengers so horrible.
Worse I have experienced was smell of baby diaper being changed, nail polish being applied, and flatulent passengers, who never admit they are .

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have seen this one all over the news as well. Was very reluctant to post here as it is really a sad story in more ways.
Unfortunately Bio-issue - hazards happen more than we know on flights.

With the WWW and the 24 hour news cycle we hear about this more now.

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
I feel sorry for all.

The victim: Losing control of bodily functions must be so embarrassing and also having to deal with soiled clothes. I wonder if they just locked themselves in the head.

The other victims: It must have been horrible. I was traveling on business in a suit and got a glancing blow by baby vomit. That would be a walk in the park compared to this.

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can't even imagine what the person went through.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
My DW suffered a bout of this at home. It was sheer misery.
We went to the ER and she stayed in the hospital for a week.
They used antibiotics, but said it could be viral.

I would say, "You haven't lived until you've cleaned up your
spouses'... and wiped their..." <using gloves, of course>.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
We need an eeeewww emoji!

Seriously, I feel sorry for this passenger. I could happen to anyone and I am surprised it doesn't happen more often.

An adult family member started to experience food poisoning/diarrhea on long flight from South America. Fortunately the flight was smooth and was able to make to the restroom in time. We now carry an adult diaper in our carry-on as a precaution in case this happens again.

Last edited: