• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Crane Resort/Barbados

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Good afternoon TUGgers,

I have been able to reserve a week at the Crane resort in February 2023. I will be staying as part of the Hilton system, and am studying Barbados.

My son and I are going and I know we will scuba dive, visit Harrison’s Cave, and likely do a catamaran snorkel trip.

I know that the property is on the south east side and that the beach can be rough, which is a bummer because he loves to swim in the ocean.

I would appreciate any feedback from visitors who have a special adventure or memory from Barbados so we can try and add it into other things to do.

I am looking forward to it and appreciate any thoughts!

Best,

Greg

optimist

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were there ten years ago and loved it. I had to look through my photos and it looks like we tried
Oistins Fish Fry on Friday night
Harrison's Cave
St Nicholas Abbey and Rum tasting
Sunset sail
Flower forest botanical gardens
A batik demonstration though I can't figure out where it was
Barbados Concorde experience (Which now looks closed unfortunately)
Nidhe Israel Synagogue -fascinating history of Barbados settlement in the 17th century
There is a plantation feel to the rooms which was gorgeous and ours had a perfect seafront view.
IMG_0573.jpeg

Larry

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sailing tour with snorkeling stop and swimming with giant turtles some of them over 100 years old. Highlight of our trip.

Chrisky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are you renting a car?
Beaches not far from the Crane which are better for swimming are Miami/Enterprise Beach, very close to Oistins. The fish fry is great any day of the week. Further along is Dover beach which has a lot of huts with locals cooking their food.
The batik demonstration mentioned above is at Earthworks pottery.
Go to Speightstown and eat at the Fisherman’s Pub for good local cooking. Barbadian cuisine is known for Pepperpot, Macaroni Pie, their fabulous fresh fish such as Flying Fish, what they call Dolphin (which is actually MahiMahi).
Also in Speightstown is a very interesting interactive museum explaining some of the history of Barbados.

You can swim with turtles at Worthing Beach, on the south coast, without paying for a tour. At this beach are two very good local beach bars - Carib Beach Bar, or Crystal Waters Beach Bar. Both of these bars are within a 2 minute walk of each other.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
We went to Barbados in 2018. We didn't stay at The Crane, but rather a resort on the south end near St Lawrence Gap. We were in Barbados for 12 days. The one thing that I can't stress more is to RENT A CAR. I know it will seem daunting at first, but the drive from the airport to The Crane isn't all that hard and it will let you get a feel for driving on the left with a right hand drive car. We never would have seen everything we saw without a rental car. The Crane is just so removed from everything else that you will want a car to get everywhere. You will certainly want to drive over to the west side of the island for much calmer waters for swimming. Also check the cruise ship schedule and plan to avoid Bridgetown on those days. Also go to Bliss Cafe for breakfast. We miss that place!

Janann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard, Las Vegas;
Disney's Saratoga Springs
I would appreciate any feedback from visitors who have a special adventure or memory from Barbados so we can try and add it into other things to do.
My special memory is that my husband played the guitar that is hanging on the wall at Cutter's restaurant. :) It is just a short walk from the resort. They sell traditional flying fish sandwiches, and large bottles of rum punch to go. I don't know if you can still order their food on the sand at Crane Beach and have it delivered to your beach chair.