• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 31 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 31st Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Covid transmitted through pillows in TS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BJRSanDiego

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
Well, I have Covid. Symptoms began on Saturday afternoon. We had been in a timeshare since the previous Sunday so I was exposed during out TS vacation. My symptoms: runny nose, coughing, sneezing, 101.5 fever, aches, some mental fog, etc. Maybe a cold or flu? No. Two different Covid tests confirmed that I have it.

My wife and I were always in the same environment except that I took a 2 hour outdoor hike by myself and rarely got within a few feet of another hiker. I don't recall being in close contract with anyone (or at least, not within the expected "incubation period".

The only difference - - My wife slept on TS-provided fiber pillows and I slept on TS-provided down pillows. So far she is asymptomatic.

I googled Covid pillow transmission and while I got a few hits, they were several years old and represent what the experts and authors thought that they knew at the time. And they did indicate that viruses can be spread by pillows. But, of course, much of that old info was disinformation. But I would think that if the TS cleaning staff just slid on a new pillow case that the pillows could be a vector for transmission. I suspect that pillows are not washed between guest weeks.

Does anyone know if the TS pillows are washed and/or heat sterilized between TS guests?

BTW, I have been vax's and gotten my boosters. So, this is kind of puzzling.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
BTW, I have been vax's and gotten my boosters. So, this is kind of puzzling.

Vaccines do not prevent infection, they minimize complications.

BJRSanDiego

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
Vaccines do not prevent infection, they minimize complications.
That's my opinion too. I remember when they were initially promoting the new vaccines in 2020 and early 2021 and told us that if we took them that we had a 90-95 percent chance of not getting the virus. But, ultimately, we all learned that it changed from "not getting the virus" to not getting complications and dying.

Last night I was checking my pulse ox every hour. Started at 92%, then 88%, then 84% then 80%. Yikes. I was in the "danger zone" and still quickly dropping. But, before I jumped to conclusions, I replaced the batteries in the device and the new reading was 93%. Whew!

I went on Paxlovid today. Keeping my fingers crossed that my wife doesn't get this.

ScoopKona

Reaction score
Monkey King Coffee - Captain Cook, Hawaii
But, ultimately, we all learned that it changed from "not getting the virus" to not getting complications and dying.

95% simply isn't effective. I wouldn't trust a 95% effective method of birth control. I don't trust 99%-effective methods.

Why?

A 95% chance for some outcome means a 1-in-20 chance against. Any gamer knows how often 1-in-20 happens.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim) NEW: 2 Lawa'i Beach Resort!
Status
Not open for further replies.