• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

COVID - It was bound to happen

Timeshare Von

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
Well it had to happen I suppose, especially after recently bragging a month ago about making it 3+ years without getting COVID. After being exposed last Wednesday/Thursday, testing positive Saturday 4/8 and spiking a fever (101.6F) on Sunday, my symptoms have been mild, so I'm feeling fortunate. While I was hopeful to be done with it in a day or two, it seems to be lingering. I'm still within my initial 5 days since exhibiting symptoms so I could get the anti-viral medication to help reduce the affects. I was really hoping to able to resume my normal life activities on Friday once my quarantine period is complete, (I have places to go and people to see!) but it seems I'm going to be sidelined for a little bit longer. I'm glad my DH is continuing to test negative . . . I really hope he doesn't get it too especially since he's not vaccinated. (I am fully vaxed . . . including 3 boosters, the last of which was back in October.)

Attachments

• COVID Tests 040823.jpg
    COVID Tests 040823.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 8

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Get well soon. Our DS#1 and his beloved caught it last month. His doc said he'd test positive for a month, and that's what happened.
So far (knock wood) we've dodged the bullet. I wouldn't be surprised if we catch it because we are back to taking few precautions.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
We “celebrated” the three year anniversary of the March 2020 CA stay at home mandate with Covid. Mild, no symptoms after four days, Cliff took Paxlovid, I didn’t. Never did figure out where we got it from, but we infected 2 card playing cronies and 11 people on our museum excursion bus before we realized we had it.

RX8

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
I held out as long as I could. Been vaccinated and boosted to the max. We went to Disneyland on New Years Day. Weather was cold and misty/light rain for the whole day. We closed the park down. We went again on January 3rd, also a cold and wet day. By that time I had the sniffles, some tightness around my sinuses and a very slight sore throat. Never had a cough or heavy congestion. Thought it was due to the weather. We still did about 50,000 steps for those two days so wasn’t fatigued at all. That second night I had mild chills that went away as soon as I got under the covers. Still thought was a cold due to the weather.

Got home and took a Covid test the next day, not that I thought I had Covid but rather thought I would take a test since we had a bunch of expired tests. Was surprised when it was positive. Took another test, this time with an unexpired test, and it too was positive. Was very mild, maybe because of my boosts.

My wife and one of my sons tested positive shortly after. My other son never did. Ironically, my son who didn’t test positive this time was positive last year and moved about the house without a mask until we tested him. At that time, no one else in the house tested positive.

ScoopKona

Reaction score
Monkey King Coffee - Captain Cook, Hawaii
We still mask up in public. We've been on three vacations since I returned to pack the house -- two in California and one in Mexico. I've been in five airplanes this year. Masks and vaccines *still* work. Still covid-free. It's not a club I'm eager to join. One of my in-laws has experienced long-haul symptoms for the better part of a year now.

Thanks, but no thanks.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Well Von, at least the covid variant you likely caught is milder than previous strains. The variant going around is the Kraken or xbb1.5 which seems like an ominous name for a milder variant. I hope things go well.

Bill

Tia

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hope you feel better soon, posting before it gets locked:censored:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim) NEW: 2 Lawa'i Beach Resort!
Get well soon! I am going to move your thread to the COVID forum.

nomoretslt

Reaction score
Nearly 3 years for me. Convinced DH and I contracted it January 2020 while visiting Walt Disney World…..only a few news people were talking about it then. Never so sick in our lives. Like the flu times 5. Afterwards, we visited Disney after it reopened 9 times, never got it, never vaxxed either. Visited family in NJ for Christmas and caught it from son. Fever for 1/2 day, lots of sinus stuff. Felt better after a couple days, but tested positive for 10 days I think? I was just not energetic for a few weeks. DH didn’t get it. Natural Immunity works too. We are both closer to 70 than 60, are generally in good health, don’t smoke.
@Timeshare Von hope you’re feeling better soon!

sun starved Gayle

TUG Member
Reaction score
My husband and I both tested positive for Covid for the first time last week also, he three days later than me. Two friends I was around also tested positive the same day as me. One of them tested positive the same day after returning home from surgery for a lumpectomy for breast cancer. Not good. The hospital did not test her before surgery. She came home and tested herself. Thankfully we all had pretty mild cases.

All of us are negative now, but kind of puny. We all took Paxlovid. All of us were fully vaccinated.

Two more friends from my book group also tested positive last week. One of them took Paxlovid and now has rebound Covid. The other did not take Paxlovid and is still testing positive after 11 days.

An MD friends says that boomer senior Covid “virgins” seem to be getting hit all at once around here.

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We “celebrated” the three year anniversary of the March 2020 CA stay at home mandate with Covid. Mild, no symptoms after four days, Cliff took Paxlovid, I didn’t. Never did figure out where we got it from, but we infected 2 card playing cronies and 11 people on our museum excursion bus before we realized we had it.
It's sneaky that way, isn't it? I can't take the Paxlovid due to being on Eliquis. I'm hoping to ride it out without needing treatment/intervention. Glad you both got through it without much incident.

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I held out as long as I could. Been vaccinated and boosted to the max. We went to Disneyland on New Years Day. Weather was cold and misty/light rain for the whole day. We closed the park down. We went again on January 3rd, also a cold and wet day. By that time I had the sniffles, some tightness around my sinuses and a very slight sore throat. Never had a cough or heavy congestion. Thought it was due to the weather. We still did about 50,000 steps for those two days so wasn’t fatigued at all. That second night I had mild chills that went away as soon as I got under the covers. Still thought was a cold due to the weather.

Got home and took a Covid test the next day, not that I thought I had Covid but rather thought I would take a test since we had a bunch of expired tests. Was surprised when it was positive. Took another test, this time with an unexpired test, and it too was positive. Was very mild, maybe because of my boosts.

My wife and one of my sons tested positive shortly after. My other son never did. Ironically, my son who didn’t test positive this time was positive last year and moved about the house without a mask until we tested him. At that time, no one else in the house tested positive.
Sounds a bit like my COVID journey too. I took two tests, for the same reason, about 3 hours apart. Yep . . . both were positive. My hubby read somewhere that the original home tests, while expired, have been given an "extension" of use beyond their initial expectations. Like most things related to COVID, initial info/data getting changed along the way.

I'm also glad for you the symptoms weren't much for you and your family!

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well Von, at least the covid variant you likely caught is milder than previous strains. The variant going around is the Kraken or xbb1.5 which seems like an ominous name for a milder variant. I hope things go well.

Bill
Thanks Bill . . . hanging in there today . . . day #4 :)

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Get well soon! I am going to move your thread to the COVID forum.
WHOOPS and sorry . . . didn't realize COVID had it's own forum. That would explain why my search in the TUG Lounge didn't turn up anything recent. Thank you for moving me to the correct place Denise.

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Nearly 3 years for me. Convinced DH and I contracted it January 2020 while visiting Walt Disney World…..only a few news people were talking about it then. Never so sick in our lives. Like the flu times 5. Afterwards, we visited Disney after it reopened 9 times, never got it, never vaxxed either. Visited family in NJ for Christmas and caught it from son. Fever for 1/2 day, lots of sinus stuff. Felt better after a couple days, but tested positive for 10 days I think? I was just not energetic for a few weeks. DH didn’t get it. Natural Immunity works too. We are both closer to 70 than 60, are generally in good health, don’t smoke.
@Timeshare Von hope you’re feeling better soon!
Thanks! I appreciate your well wishes. I thought I may have had some natural immunity, until I ended up catching it this past week. I have really just gone about my life and business, not shying away from travel, hotels, restaurants, bowling centers, etc. And to think it was someone AT WORK that brought it to me . . . I'm still a bit chapped about that!

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
My husband and I both tested positive for Covid for the first time last week also, he three days later than me. Two friends I was around also tested positive the same day as me. One of them tested positive the same day after returning home from surgery for a lumpectomy for breast cancer. Not good. The hospital did not test her before surgery. She came home and tested herself. Thankfully we all had pretty mild cases.

All of us are negative now, but kind of puny. We all took Paxlovid. All of us were fully vaccinated.

Two more friends from my book group also tested positive last week. One of them took Paxlovid and now has rebound Covid. The other did not take Paxlovid and is still testing positive after 11 days.

An MD friends says that boomer senior Covid “virgins” seem to be getting hit all at once around here.
Glad you and your friends are recovering. AND prayers for your friend who had the lumpectomy!

I was inclined to take the Paxlovid, until my pharmacist said it is incompatible with Eliquis, which I'm on for my HCM (heart condition). I just hope it runs it course with me quickly, and that I'm over it soon :)

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
I began to think DW and I might be super-dodgers, until we weren't. Almost everyone we know have already had it, some of them multiple times. I finally caught it a month ago, and despite isolating and masking in the house, passed it to DW. Both of us had very mild cases lasting only a few days, but it took a couple of weeks for us to test negative again.

When the pandemic started, I knew right away it would be a multi-year event. I figured we would all get Covid eventually, and made every effort to ensure I didn't get it until at least after vaccines became available. I never wanted to join the Covid club, but at least succeeded in staving it off until we were protected. My family and I are vaxxed and have had multiple boosters.

Last edited:

JudyH

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I hope you all get well quickly. We have a two year small group postponed trip to Europe next month and I am truly hoping not to get COVID there. We are vaccinated, and will be masked on all transportation. Just don’t want us to screw up this trip with illness of any type

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I began to think DW and I might be super-dodgers, until we weren't. Almost everyone we know have already had it, some of them multiple times. I finally caught it a month ago, and despite isolating and masking in the house, passed it to DW. Both of us had very mild cases lasting only a few days, but it took a couple of weeks for us to test negative again.

When the pandemic started, I knew right away it would be a multi-year event. I figured we would all get Covid eventually, and made very effort to ensure I didn't get it until at least after vaccines became available. I never wanted to join the Covid club, but at least succeeded in staving it off until we were protected. My family and I are vaxxed and have had multiple boosters.
I sorta expected it as well . . . just disappointed it happened. Remember when they said "herd immunity" would take care of us all? LOL

I'm glad you survived it with just a mile case & symptoms. I'm hopeful I'm near the end too.

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I hope you all get well quickly. We have a two year small group postponed trip to Europe next month and I am truly hoping not to get COVID there. We are vaccinated, and will be masked on all transportation. Just don’t want us to screw up this trip with illness of any type
Hi Judy! I hope you have a great trip and can go about your vacation without incident. Illness while traveling (especially out of the country) can be a real hassle for all the reasons. Stay well and be safe.

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Google new expiration dates for home Covid tests and you will find the info from the FDA regarding this. My tests expiring in August of 2022 have a new date of May 2023.
I had several of the iHealth test kits from last summer in Montana. Original expiration dates were also summer dates, but were extended to April/May 2023.

For anyone wanting to look up theirs, here is the link to enter the Lot # to find out the new "extended" expiration date.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
DH, myself and 2 boomer friends tested positive about 2 1/2 weeks ago. We're fully boosted 3X. Had very mild cases, much more like allergies or mild cold. One friend had it worse with chills and fatigue. She was the last of us to test positive. DH and I tested negative about 10 days after 1st positive

Hope everyone gets well soon.

Last edited:

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DH, myself and 2 boomer friends tested positive about 2 1/2 weeks ago. We're fully boosted 3X. Had very mild cases, much more like allergies or mild cold. One friend had it worse with chills and fatigue. She was the last of us to test positive. DH and I tested negative about 10 days after 1st positive

Hope everyone gets well soon.
Seems the relatively same course here too. I am glad you're all over it . . . and well now.

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
And just like that, it appears I'm over my stint with COVID! Yesterday was my first day beyond the quarantine period, and amazingly, I was feeling 100% better. I had an appointment to get labs for my physical next week, and also stopped by my office beforehand. Went out and about enjoying the nice spring day and was back to my old self without cough, sniffles, etc. Last night I tested again, mostly because I was curious. I was NEGATIVE! I fully expected I might still test positive as that's what the "COVID Office" at my medical provider's central facility. I was relieved that COVID has seemingly run its course without much fanfare and mostly just a couple of days of feeling like hell.

I appreciate all of the kind words and shared experiences. The TUG community is truly a blessing of friendship and information.