• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 31 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 31st Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Costco Universal Orlando Tickets

esk444

TUG Member
Reaction score
I live in Virginia and just noticed that my local Costco has 3 day Universal Orlando tickets for $135 each. According to the package, they expire in 2013, are park-hopper tickets (so you can go to IOA and US on the same day and it only counts as one day of use), and do not have to be used on consecutive days.

In light of the new pricing structure, I thought these sounded like a good deal if you plan on going to Universal Orlando in the next 3 years.

Last edited:

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
where in VA?

which Costco in VA? Also, do they expire 12/31/2013? thanks, Elaine

esk444

TUG Member
Reaction score
which Costco in VA? Also, do they expire 12/31/2013? thanks, Elaine

The one in Woodbridge. I think that they expire at 12/31/2013, but I'm not exactly positive as to the month and date.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Can you purchase these tickets on Costco web site or by calling Costco Travel division?

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
thanks, I just looked online--same $ with AMex

I just looked online at Universal and it looks like a 3 day is the same price if you pay with Amex. But, I might take a peek at the Woodbrdge Costco and check them out, esp. if you can save the extra day--ex. 2 days in 2012 and another day in 2013--I am guessing that it is within 14 days--that is what online ones are. thanks, Elaine

esk444

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just looked online at Universal and it looks like a 3 day is the same price if you pay with Amex. But, I might take a peek at the Woodbrdge Costco and check them out, esp. if you can save the extra day--ex. 2 days in 2012 and another day in 2013--I am guessing that it is within 14 days--that is what online ones are. thanks, Elaine

The Costco vouchers don't require you to use all three days within a 14 day period. You can use the tickets any three days until the end of 2013 (i.e. one in 2010, one day in 2011, and one day in 2013). That is why I thought it was so appealing, as those types of tickets are not available directly with Universal.

I have no idea if Costco offers these things online or through travel.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
thanks--I'll have to run over to the Costco

wow-that is cool that you don't have to use within 14 days--I will have to check those out this week--going to the Mall for school anyway--where in Costco are they, near the front? thanks, Elaine

MichaelColey

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Palace View Branson (4 Lockouts), Grandview (Points), CMV (UDI), DVC (SSR 25)
Costco can have some great deals like that. Last year, we picked up 3 month passes to Legoworld in California for less than the price of a one day ticket at the gate. We ended up taking two trips there during the three months.

esk444

TUG Member
Reaction score
wow-that is cool that you don't have to use within 14 days--I will have to check those out this week--going to the Mall for school anyway--where in Costco are they, near the front? thanks, Elaine

They are near the electronics section where they put the gift certificates placards for the Movies, the Hyatt, and Restaurants.

PeterS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just checked online and they only list Universal Hollywood 2 day passes...

Is it unusual that Costco wouldn't list this on their website?

Do they have different inventory instore than online?

Thanks,
Pete

esk444

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just checked online and they only list Universal Hollywood 2 day passes...

Is it unusual that Costco wouldn't list this on their website?

Thanks,
Pete

For gift certificates, I've noticed that Costco rarely have the really good ones on their website.

JackieD

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I was at my local Costco today. No Universal tickets available, only Southern California stuff...Disneyland, Legoland, Seaworld. Must be a regional thing??

RedDogSD

TUG Member
Reaction score

Thanks,
Pete

Completely different inventory. Costco does not ship the items that you can buy in the store. They have partners who are willing to ship you things at very good prices (although not as good as the stores) on behalf of Costco. I have bought many things from Costco.com and they always come directly from the manufacturers.

PeterS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone in the Woodbridge VA area that can confirm these 3 day Universal hoppers don't expire in 14 day but actually are good through 2013?

And the biggest question... anyone willing to help out a fellow tugger on getting a couple?

PM me if you can help out...

Thanks,
Pete

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone in the Woodbridge VA area that can confirm these 3 day Universal hoppers don't expire in 14 day but actually are good through 2013?

And the biggest question... anyone willing to help out a fellow tugger on getting a couple?

PM me if you can help out...

Thanks,
Pete

Why not you telephone the Woodbridge, VA Costco front desk and ask can they charge the tickets to your Costco account and mail you the tickets directly to your home address. This is only a suggestion.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Why not you telephone the Woodbridge, VA Costco front desk and ask can they charge the tickets to your Costco account and mail you the tickets directly to your home address. This is only a suggestion.

That's a great idea. Thanks for the suggestion.

We usually get the Preferred Annual Passes at a substantial, repeat customer discount, but our passes expire on 9/15/2010, and no such offer yet.

So I assume Universal feels its product is so improved, they don't need to offer those passes. No way are we paying $220 + tax to go three days this year.

We usually just go one day each trip, even if we are in Orlando 2 weeks, and we have just three planned trips. I think they are going to lose our business.....

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
I assume Universal feels its product is so improved, they don't need to offer those passes
They increased ticket prices *twice* already this year (including almost doubling the cost of their most popular 7-day tickets), and still their attendance is up for the first time in two years.

They won't need to pull out major gate discounts until well after Harry loses his luster---and with two more films coming out in the next year, that could be a while.

PeterS

TUG Member
Reaction score

Tried that... they won't send anything.
They said these offers are determined by regions and they are not allowed to sell them outside the region. They said they get the requests all the time from states in the NorthEast and all they can recommend is if you are driving through... stop by and pick them up. If you fly over... sorry...

I tried to get a confirmation that they didn't expire until 2013 and was told she was very busy and it wouldn't matter since they couldn't send it anyway. She was very nice and it did sound very busy.

So everyone out of the area seems to be out of luck...

Pete

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We have them in our Costco also. I live in Loudoun County Virginia. They have them in Sterling and Leesburg.

teachingmyown

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Have you guys tried the MouseSavers link into Undercover Tourist? These are their currently posted prices: (first price is adult, 2nd is child) Plus, these prices INCLUDE taxes and shipping...

Universal's Base (1 day)SAVE $5 off (Adult) gate price $ 81.95 $ 70.95
Universal's Base (2 day)SAVE $18 off (Adult) gate price $ 114.95 $ 100.95
Universal's Base (3 day)SAVE $24 off (Adult) gate price $ 124.95 $ 110.95
Universal's Base (4 day)SAVE $22 off (Adult) gate price $ 136.95 $ 119.95
Park to Park (1 day)SAVE $8 off (Adult) gate price $ 110.95 $ 94.95
Park to Park (2 day)SAVE $14 off (Adult) gate price $ 139.95 $ 128.95
Park to Park (3 day)SAVE $23 off (Adult) gate price -- Top Selling Ticket! $ 141.95 $ 130.95
Park to Park (4 day)SAVE $23 off (Adult) gate price $ 146.95 $ 131.95
Park to Park (7 day)SAVE $25 off (Adult) gate price $ 171.95 $ 152.95
Universal's Base (3 day) + Wet 'n WildSAVE $6 off (Adult) gate price $ 143.95 $ 132.95
Universal's Base (4 day) + Wet 'n WildSAVE $6 off (Adult) gate price $ 153.95 $ 139.95
Park to Park (3 day) + Wet 'n WildSAVE $6 off (Adult) gate price $ 158.95 $ 146.95
Park to Park (4 day) + Wet 'n WildSAVE $6 off (Adult) gate price $ 163.95 $ 149.95

chalee94

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have you guys tried the MouseSavers link into Undercover Tourist? These are their currently posted prices: (first price is adult, 2nd is child) Plus, these prices INCLUDE taxes and shipping...

those tickets expire 14 days after first use, though.

Nobylspoon

Reaction score
Are the tickets limited to use by the person who purchased them or can I buy the set of 3 tickets and it would get 3 people in for a single day?

chalee94

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are the tickets limited to use by the person who purchased them or can I buy the set of 3 tickets and it would get 3 people in for a single day?

the DIS says that a guest signature and photo ID is required.

pretty sure they'll limit you to using the ticket for one person for 3 days. 3 people would need 3 tickets.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim) NEW: 2 Lawa'i Beach Resort!

A 3 day pass is good for one person for 3 days.