• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Consumer "Class Action" Lawsuits -- Do You have a "Refund" Coming???

gvic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wikipedia ..... A class action, class suit, or representative action is a type of lawsuit where one of the parties is a group of people who are represented collectively by a member of that group. The class action originated in the United States and is still predominantly a U.S. phenomenon, but several European countries with civil law have made changes in recent years to allow consumer organizations to bring claims on behalf of consumers.

San Francisco Consumer Action ..... provides details on each Class Action Listing: 1. Open to Claims; 2. Pending; 3. Closed;

link ..... http://www.consumer-action.org/lawsuits/by-status/open/P15

Has anybody received a "Refund" from a Consumer "Class Action" Lawsuit???
Happy Travels, gvic

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HVC: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
I've received several small token payments, but I got a big settlement payment from DuPont because their Imprelis turf herbicide killed my 30' white pine tree and damaged several other trees. I'd rather have my tree back than the money. How sad that would have been if the Augusta National Golf Course had used Imprelis. The Masters Tournament would have looked pathetic if all the pine trees got poisoned.

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HVC: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
Just got a check in the mail today for a class action lawsuit against Prosper for selling securities without a brokers license. The lawyers got $3,333,333, I got $1.07. :shrug:

mbinpa

TUG Member
Reaction score
Every couple of years I get a payout from one settlement or another. The most I ever received was about $80.

All these class action suits come as a surprise, and from things I forgot about buying. One settlement was simply because I had a particular brand of CD/DVD Drive in my computer. I have never

Class action suits are one of the very few reasons I can think of for registering a product that one purchases - it's the only way they can track you down to give you the money.

John Cummings

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I have received payments from Class action suits ranging from $10.00 to $775.00. The $775 was related to our San Luis Bay Inn timeshare at Avila Beach, California and a massive oil spill in 1991

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I received about $7K from a class action lawsuit from about a year ago that I did not even know I was a part of - never filled out any forms. There was a high tech employees anti-trust lawsuit that was brought against several high tech companies that had mutual agreement not to hire each other's employees that fell under several technical categories. We received 10% of "lost" wages for a particular period in time. http://www.hightechemployeelawsuit.com/

A number of other classs action lawsuits, we filled out the forms with our details and never heard from them again.