• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Consecutives exchanged weeks unit assignment

Hopi

Reaction score
We are currently at the Timbers at Island Park Village Resort. After we were able to get consecutives exchanged weeks last year. We called to request to be able to stay at the same unit, so that we did not need to move. We were told the only unit available for consecutive weeks at checkin was the one having a dry wall repair. I could not even believe the resort allowing that unit to be used during repair. We also noticed several units are not occupied this week.

What is your experience asking to stay at the same unit for consecutives exchanged weeks? Does the resort care about exchange guests? Or do they give the best units to the renters, then to the owners?

Last edited:

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
In my experience, exchangers usually have pretty low priority for room assignments. Depending on resort and season, I've been able to stay in the same unit for several weeks in a row, but other times I've had to switch units at the end of the week. Some resorts have fixed weeks/units, so owners always stay in their specific unit. Owners can also request units, which resorts try to honor. I reckon it's one of the perks of owning at a resort.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
Marriott does a good job trying to keep you in single unit. We have never had to move, but don't know about your resort. I can't imagine they wouldn't try unless there is a genuine reason not to (which may not seem as genuine to you.)

Kozman

TUG Member
Reaction score
You saw several units vacant for two weeks in a row. But, it might be that the owners are paid up and didn't show up. They may have banked it and the trading company didn't find a taker. They can't just assign those rooms since someone might just show up on the last day of the week.

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
It's quite a bit easier to get the same unit in resorts where they aren't fixed week/fixed unit.

Where it is, you're depending on the same unit being available to exchangers 2 weeks in a row, and them being willing to switch people around to accommodate you.

In resorts where units float that isn't an issue - and while as an exchanger you probably get a lesser unit they're more likely to keep it the same.

I've had consecutive weeks through rci at hgvc resorts multiple times and never had to move.