• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Colonies 2025 MF

iftravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - Hilton Head
The Colonies at Williamsburg
Got the 2025 MF bill in mail. It's $1119 in total ($66 tax), perhpas 8% increase? Does anyone know the detailed process to book your week (and lock off for two weeks) and deposit to II? I cannot find any instructions online and never received any "welcome kit". Thanks.

WorldT

TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe you already have an II account from your other Timeshares. Just log into your account and select the option to add a timeshare. You can also do it over the phone. You will provide the details. iI will take about 24 to 48 hrs to confirm the details and will let you know via email when it is confirmed. In order to deposit in II to begin an actual exchange, you have to pay the maintenance fee of the year you are trying to use before the resort will release the unit to II. For the lock off process, you will select lock off when trying to add the unit to your account. Once confirmed, it will show up as lockoff in II. You will then have the option of depositing the whole unit for exchange or just one side. If you have EOY, you will also get to choose a deposit year in II. Pretty clear on II. There is just one step I need to confirm. That is if I need to call the resort and make a reservation for that week before II can pull it. I will find out soon enough as I am about to pay my MF for 2 years to be able to deposit 2026 units to II for exchange.

iftravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - Hilton Head
I believe you already have an II account from your other Timeshares. Just log into your account and select the option to add a timeshare. You can also do it over the phone. You will provide the details. iI will take about 24 to 48 hrs to confirm the details and will let you know via email when it is confirmed. In order to deposit in II to begin an actual exchange, you have to pay the maintenance fee of the year you are trying to use before the resort will release the unit to II. For the lock off process, you will select lock off when trying to add the unit to your account. Once confirmed, it will show up as lockoff in II. You will then have the option of depositing the whole unit for exchange or just one side. If you have EOY, you will also get to choose a deposit year in II. Pretty clear on II. There is just one step I need to confirm. That is if I need to call the resort and make a reservation for that week before II can pull it. I will find out soon enough as I am about to pay my MF for 2 years to be able to deposit 2026 units to II for exchange.
Thanks for the info. I need to open a personal II account to deposit this. Before that, I need to resolve an issure of registering my contract on DM's website to pay MF. It keeps saying the contract is already registered, which is likely because of the prior owner.

iftravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - Hilton Head
Just added my Colonies week with live support and it’s really quick. Within an hour, it’s verified and I was able to deposit a unit just clicking a button on II side under “my units”. II will verify and come back if there is a problem. You can make exchange immediately with it and if they are not able to confirm (for example you didn’t pay MF for the year and week deposited) they will still try to contact you to fix it before they cancel your exchange. So it feels very smooth.

WorldT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just added my Colonies week with live support and it’s really quick. Within an hour, it’s verified and I was able to deposit a unit just clicking a button on II side under “my units”. II will verify and come back if there is a problem. You can make exchange immediately with it and if they are not able to confirm (for example you didn’t pay MF for the year and week deposited) they will still try to contact you to fix it before they cancel your exchange. So it feels very smooth.
Yes. I have mine deposited and pending ongoing search for Westin Lagunamar, Mexico and Marriott Los Suenos, Costa Rica.
I had to pay the maintenance fee into 2026 since I have EOY even. II said I need to reserve the week first but the resort said that is not necessary. Like you said, once you make an exchange request, II reaches out to the resort to pull the week that allows them to confirm your exchange request.

iftravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - Hilton Head
Yes. I have mine deposited and pending ongoing search for Westin Lagunamar, Mexico and Marriott Los Suenos, Costa Rica.
I had to pay the maintenance fee into 2026 since I have EOY even. II said I need to reserve the week first but the resort said that is not necessary. Like you said, once you make an exchange request, II reaches out to the resort to pull the week that allows them to confirm your exchange request.
BTW, II also told me that Colonies owners should expect a couple of ACs deposited to their account each year.

WorldT

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got one with the lockoff that I deposited. I know I will get another one with the other side

iftravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - Hilton Head
I got one with the lockoff that I deposited. I know I will get another one with the other side
I got two today (only deposited one unit), good for 2-45 days inventory. I was told they will be deposited to my account as long as I keep the account current, likley even without a deposit. You are probably getting one AC each year with EOY no matter you deposit or not.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
I get two II certs every year at the same time related to my CWQ ownership. It does not appear to be related to if I deposit or if I deposit both sides or not.

WorldT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Used my lock-off for my first exchange today.
Traded into the Westin Kierland (WKV) May 04, 1 bedroom full kitchen.
Would have loved April but there is nothing at all February to end of April.
Any resort fees for Westins?

iftravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - Hilton Head
Used my lock-off for my first exchange today.
Traded into the Westin Kierland (WKV) May 04, 1 bedroom full kitchen.
Would have loved April but there is nothing at all February to end of April.
Any resort fees for Westins?
Great resort and great time to visit. Did you get it by request? I hope to get a week in March spring break and I put in a request for four seasons. If you don’t see fees disclosed, likely no fee.

WorldT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not a request. Just sitting there starting may 02. There is nothing prior to May second.
Four seasons will be great but I just decided to get this one for now. Eplus will be added and will trade if something bigger comes along or four seasons shows up.