• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 31 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 31st Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
Reaction score
To recap the last 3 Christmases:
  1. My wife Julia was in the hospital over Christmas 2020, so I did not have Christmas Spirit (or a tree).
  2. After her malpractice death at age 49 in January 2021, I had no Christmas Spirit or a tree that year.
  3. Exactly 370 days after her death, my dad (1950s US Army veteran) died, it was his time to go. So, I did not have Christmas Spirit in 2022.
This year, once the malpractice lawsuit was settled (before we went to court), I went through Grief Counseling. This year, I have regained Christmas Spirit! I bought this 36" tree from Dillard's, and next to it is my wife's urn, so she can spend it with me.

As a side note, if you can get $0 Grief Counseling, DO IT! You may think you are grieving OK, but chances are, you will need a "helping hand".
DSC_1047.JPG

AnnieBets

TUG Member
Reaction score
So glad you got the help and the spirit back. Have a very Merry Christmas 🎅

HedonisticEpicurean

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
*Kings Land - 2 weeks
*Phoenician - 3 weeks
*Table Rock (RCI) - 2 w
*St. Regis NY - 4 w
*La Pacifica - 1 week
Good advice on counseling. Glad you are feeling more into the holiday spirit again.

Embrace the festive Christmas spirit and craft new, cherished memories. Here's my recommendation: indulge in something exceptionally delightful for yourself this year.

marmite

TUG Sightings Guru
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grand Chateau, Sheraton Desert Oasis,
HGVC Paradise,
WorldMark
I’m sorry to hear of such loss in your life, thank you for sharing that counseling has helped you and that this will be a brighter Christmas for you.

Wishing you a wonderful Christmas.

joestein

TUG Member
Reaction score
  1. My wife Julia was in the hospital over Christmas 2020, so I did not have Christmas Spirit (or a tree).
  2. After her malpractice death at age 49 in January 2021, I had no Christmas Spirit or a tree that year.
  3. Exactly 370 days after her death, my dad (1950s US Army veteran) died, it was his time to go. So, I did not have Christmas Spirit in 2022.
This year, once the malpractice lawsuit was settled (before we went to court), I went through Grief Counseling. This year, I have regained Christmas Spirit! I bought this 36" tree from Dillard's, and next to it is my wife's urn, so she can spend it with me.

As a side note, if you can get $0 Grief Counseling, DO IT! You may think you are grieving OK, but chances are, you will need a "helping hand".
View attachment 85019

So sorry for all the hardships and loss you have had to endure. I hope that you continue to overcome your grief and find happiness again.

emeryjre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Merry Christmas
Thanks for sharing
Grief can be debilitating
Your sharing can help other people recover from their loss

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Merry Christmas. At least we have the hope and promise from the first Christmas. Life does get rough and you have pulled yourself through. Keep going, and may you find much happiness.

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
You've had a rough few years. I, too, have not had a tree in several years b/c of this , that , and the other things.

Like you, I'm back on it. My daughter was home from college over Thanksgiving and we put up a tree on the screen porch. This way my neighbors & passerbys can enjoy it too :)
1701446225512.png

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score

View attachment 85019
Love the painting behind your tree. Merry Christmas.

SPG900NY

TUG Member
Reaction score
We're back too. We lost mom in spring of 2022 at age 79 to Lewy Body and it was pretty devastating. Dad, after 54 years of marriage and a few years of being her full-time caregiver, was in a pretty bad way for a good stretch. He found a companion a few months ago and my family went up and had a wonderful Thanksgiving with them and are looking forward to visiting over Christmas as well. Glad things are looking up for so many here, and for anyone currently going through challenges, I wish you strength and peace this holiday season, and brighter times and happy vacations in your future. ;)

zentraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Four Seasons Residence Club
Highly recommend grief counseling even if you don't have access to it for $0. Insurance may cover it and it is very worth doing. Very sorry about your wife.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Our tree is up and with my stepson's help, well decorated.
Next up, the job of mailing cards and wrapping presents.
We just had a major delivery from the Amazon Santa. ;)

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Hope you continue to recover from your losses, and can find some happiness this year. The new job will surely help. Disney will do that to you. :thumbup:

Dave

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
So sorry for your losses. Things are really never the same when those we love pass.

I find I don’t like the holidays much anymore. But we keep a small lighted Xmas tree on the front porch by the front door and string some lights along the roof line there and a wooden snowman welcome sign. That’s it. Nothing inside.

Try to enjoy everything as best you can. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you! There’s always a lot to be grateful for.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 16 wks; Maui Schooner, 1 EOY Wk; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Sometimes it takes time to move forward in life. Glad to see you doing well. Have a Merry Christmas.

Last edited:

Dori

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
So glad that you are beginning to move forward after such losses. Take strength and comfort from all your precious memories.

Dori