• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Changes for US travel to Europe?

mogens.h1951

Reaction score
The article refers to the EU, but not all EU countries are included in ETIAS - e.g. Ireland does not participate, while Norway, Switzerland and Iceland, which are not in the EU, participate in ETIAS.

The price for ETIAS is €7 but applicants under 18 or over 70 are exempt from this payment.

beejaybeeohio

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Best Place in the US to see the April 2024 Eclipse
Resorts Owned
Peekn'Peak's Greenwood Forest NY
Since we will be heading to Iceland next year guess we'll have to cough up the E7 each. But possibly after that the fee will be moot if one of our candidates for pres is elected- that person has pledged to remove this charge.

sponger76

TUG Member
Reaction score
Since we will be heading to Iceland next year guess we'll have to cough up the E7 each. But possibly after that the fee will be moot if one of our candidates for pres is elected- that person has pledged to remove this charge.
How would a US president remove a charge imposed by the EU? The US president can negotiate with foreign leaders, yes, but has absolutely zero unilateral power over EU policies.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis

Hahahaha. Gosh, if only his track record on accomplishments equaled his statements.

From a news source:

[he] did not provide details on how he would put an end to the entry fee

Details?! We don’t need any stinking details! Hehe

And now I wait for this thread to get closed or our posts removed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BJRSanDiego

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
Good news for us. Our fee will be waived due to age!
nice to know that those under 18 or over 70 don't need to pay the 7 Euro (but they still need to fill out application).

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents

jfleck2020

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Crane - Barbados
I just looked into this and it is postponed to 2025 for those people that do not require a Visa.

StaceyM

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I saw the title and the date of the OP, and I thought, "We didn't have to do that for Spain last winter or France this fall."

Can someone append the title to say (postponed to 2025)?

ETA: Sorry for bumping an old post, I got distracted reading through the Europe forum.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Son Antem, Playa Andaluza, Harbour Lake

As Sponger has stated, I can't see how a US president can remove a fee imposed by the EU. I'm sure if the EU Commission decided to remove the US ESTA requirement it wouldn't get very far.

Personally I think the ETIAS is well overdue. For years the US has charged foreign visitors $21 for an ESTA. That's per person so every couple of years I've paid $84 for a family of four to visit the US yet there has never been any recipricocity, US citizens have been able to visit the EU and UK for no charge.

As it currently stands the UK has no plans to impose a 'visa' for US citizens.

beejaybeeohio

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Best Place in the US to see the April 2024 Eclipse
Resorts Owned
Peekn'Peak's Greenwood Forest NY
@Pompey Family
No Europe for us this year after all. But in 2025 we will be headed to England via Ireland assuming that Aer Lingus will still offer nonstops to Dublin from Cleveland. After several days on the Emerald Isle we will fly to either London or Southampton for a Norway cruise that includes a stop in Belgium. So if the ETIAS is in place, we will be applying for it!