• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Certified Exit - Limited Option

DONCOOK99

TUG Member
Reaction score
I called Wyndham recently to get out of our contract, now called Certified Exit. Gave 4 options: 1) outright give back, fairly easy & inexpensive: 2)_ Tribute plan - xfer to family member; 3) referred me to not-related but recommended re-sellers; and 4) Limited - full out of existing contract. They give us back the # of pts we had each yr for 3 yrs. no fees, no maint fees. Some restrictions - only Club Wyndham resorts, no discounts or other owner benefits, we can have guests but cannot reserve for a guest. Automatic out of this at end of 3 years. First posting to provide info. Second, is anyone familiar with this or know of reasons not to take it? I am sure they will push for renewal (may require attendance at presentations). Any other thoughts?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
People take that option all the time. It is only applicable for contracts purchased directly from Wyndham. They have to be annual contracts. They won't give you free usage for the biennial contracts. You have to divest all of your contracts/deeds even the ones you don't get the free usage. They actually won't bug you to re-up you are on the exit path and I believe they make you agree not to purchase any contracts retail or resale for the next X years.

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
We used Certified Exit to give back our tiny Shell contract and were very pleased with the process. Since it was Shell and not Wyndham, the first one you list was our only option, but it was fine.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
I called Wyndham recently to get out of our contract, now called Certified Exit. Gave 4 options: 1) outright give back, fairly easy & inexpensive: 2)_ Tribute plan - xfer to family member; 3) referred me to not-related but recommended re-sellers; and 4) Limited - full out of existing contract. They give us back the # of pts we had each yr for 3 yrs. no fees, no maint fees. Some restrictions - only Club Wyndham resorts, no discounts or other owner benefits, we can have guests but cannot reserve for a guest. Automatic out of this at end of 3 years. First posting to provide info. Second, is anyone familiar with this or know of reasons not to take it? I am sure they will push for renewal (may require attendance at presentations). Any other thoughts?

It's actually called Limited Edition, and it is a great option if you qualify for it (developer bought contracts). As they told you, they provide you with three years of free points. Your financial responsibility is done as soom as they process the Limited Edition. They retire your existing contract, issue you a separate limited edition contract, and you can use those points or not over the next three years.

WManning

Reaction score
Depending on what and where you own your ownership may have some value. Try option 3 the call is free and if your no longer able to travel or its a resale ownership you might recieve some monetary value for it.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Is this confirmed? You cannot use Limited Edition if you buy resale?
They won't give you free usage on resale contracts. Only annual contracts/deeds purchased directly from Wyndham are eligible for 3 free years of usage when divesting of all of your contracts. Plain old certified exit, give back- get nothing would apply to resale contracts, biennial contracts and retail contracts if you aren't divesting all of your wyndham contracts.

jasontugaccount

TUG Member
Reaction score
They won't give you free usage on resale contracts. Only annual contracts/deeds purchased directly from Wyndham are eligible for 3 free years of usage when divesting of all of your contracts. Plain old certified exit, give back- get nothing would apply to resale contracts, biennial contracts and retail contracts if you aren't divesting all of your wyndham contracts.
Thanks. Bummer.

PeterS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is this confirmed? You cannot use Limited Edition if you buy resale?

Not true! I have posted this multiple times but it is still repeated!!

I gave back two weeks that were bought resale and got the 3 years of usage... and I am very happy with the way they quickly processed the cancellation of my contract, and gave me a new contract number for my 3 year usage with no fees....

They can give 3 year usage to a resale contract, but there is no real rhyme or reason. As I was told... decide before you call if you would take them up on a Limited Edition offer, then, when you call, if they offer it, grab it, as there is not guarantee it will be offered if you call back...

Good luck!

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Not true! I have posted this multiple times but it is still repeated!!

I gave back two weeks that were bought resale and got the 3 years of usage... and I am very happy with the way they quickly processed the cancellation of my contract, and gave me a new contract number for my 3 year usage with no fees....

They can give 3 year usage to a resale contract, but there is no real rhyme or reason. As I was told... decide before you call if you would take them up on a Limited Edition offer, then, when you call, if they offer it, grab it, as there is not guarantee it will be offered if you call back...

Good luck!
People keep repeating it because everyone except you has reported that to be the case in the last 5 years. I just looked up your old posts and you were a little outside of that. Also in one of your posts you mentioned 350,000 points with VIP. If that were the case and you were getting vip benefits then they incorrectly had your account tagged as direct purchase and not resale. So perhaps a bit of a rhyme and reason as to why you were offered it. So it might be better to say Limited edition would not be offered on any non vip point eligible contracts or deeds.

It certainly doesn't hurt to ask and I would love to hear if anyone else has been offered Limited Edition on their resale points.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Grand Desert, Kingsgate, Bali Hai, Oceanside
People keep repeating it because everyone except you has reported that to be the case in the last 5 years. I just looked up your old posts and you were a little outside of that. Also in one of your posts you mentioned 350,000 points with VIP. If that were the case and you were getting vip benefits then they incorrectly had your account tagged as direct purchase and not resale. So perhaps a bit of a rhyme and reason as to why you were offered it. So it might be better to say Limited edition would not be offered on any non vip point eligible contracts or deeds.

It certainly doesn't hurt to ask and I would love to hear if anyone else has been offered Limited Edition on their resale points.
Exactly. If those contracts were coded as VIP eligible for some reason (maybe similar loopholes to those that enabled Ron P to accumulate multiple VIP accounts with resale?), then Wyndham didn’t have them coded as resale - they were coded as VIP eligible. Today, those loopholes are closed and resale is coded as resale. Certainly it can’t hurt to ask, but just because it happened once before the VIP loopholes were closed doesn’t mean it’s the norm.

jasontugaccount

TUG Member
Reaction score
If they allow you to get Limited Edition on resale, I would like to take the free contracts from Timeshare Nation and then immediately convert them to Limited Edition.

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort; Wyndham Bonnet Creek; Wyndham Bali Hai; Wyndham Canterbury; Wyndham Grand Desert; Marriott Grand Chateau
If they allow you to get Limited Edition on resale, I would like to take the free contracts from Timeshare Nation and then immediately convert them to Limited Edition.
Or really, anything on ebay whatsoever. This would be a gigantic loophole.

WManning

Reaction score
3) referred me to not-related but recommended re-sellers;
Try #3 and see what they are offering.

PeterS

TUG Member
Reaction score

My point is, if you say it is absolutely not possible that is not correct. I know of at least one case.... myself.

Maybe my two 175K weeks, with grandfathered VIP from Fairfield, were coded correctly or incorrectly, maybe they were considered direct purchase because I paid $200 a week to Fairfield to put them in the point system decades ago, maybe they were considered direct purchase because one of the weeks was from before Fairfield took over the resort, maybe it was because they were purchased multiple decades ago and went through many program/corporate/name changes along the way, maybe there is a hundred reasons why....

I am sure that new resales are watched must closer and are not included in Limited Edition, so grabbing a bunch from Ebay or Timeshare Nation won't work.

You may be on to something with the idea that Limited edition would only be offered to VIP point eligible contracts or deeds which would include grandfathered Fairfield VIP.

I may be the only one to report it because not many people have asked for Limited Edition that was a Fairfield/Wyndham owner for over 30 years and owned weeks that went through so many program/corporate/name changes along the way,

That is why, since which resorts are offered Limited Edition seems to change as needs dictate and if you have owned for more than say 10/20/30 years or was an original Fairfield owner, you may not know how your weeks are coded... so for some reason you just may get offered Limited Edition. If they do, be ready to grab it, because it may not be offered again....

Maybe, not the norm but just don't say or assume it can't happen.... and we seem to all agree..... It never hurts to ask....