• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Caught covid in Scotland - died in US

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roger830

TUG Member
Reaction score
My sister in law has a friend that arranges group trips and has traveled with her before covid.

Her latest group of 17 had a poor beginning when the airline loss everybody's luggage.
They traveled without luggage to Scotland, where some of the people in the group caught covid.
It was suggested that they go to the hospital for treatment.
A woman in the group who caught covid said that she wouldn't go to the hospital there and flew back to the US where yesterday she died in the hospital.

It was my understanding that the current version of coviid is weaker than a common cold, but apparently not in Scotland.
We know nothing else about this woman, but she must have been healthy enough to travel overseas which is something that we are avoiding.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim) NEW: 2 Lawa'i Beach Resort!
Roger830 - this post is directed to people who may want to respond to your post - not to you.

Friendly Reminder - The COVID forum is for travel related COVID posts only. Any posts that get political or controversial will be immediately delete. That includes getting up on your soap box!

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
Being able to travel overseas on an 8 hour flight tells us literally nothing about her health and background. This information, therefore, is really not helpful for travelers.

I have not heard that current strains in Scotland are worse than those circulating in the US, but I don't know either way. A link to a realiable source on this issue would be more helpful than the anecdote about this woman.

Tank

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV South Beach Myrtle Beach
HICV Lake Geneva
HICV Gatlinburg
HICV Orange Lake Kissemee
It is still the 3rd leading cause of death in the USA
It’s still a problem

I’ll be getting my booster, along with the flu booster Monday

Roger830

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had some questions after my first post and got some additional information.

It's even scarier than first thought.

The trip was for one week. They flew from Bradley airport in CT. At the gate there was a request to check carryon luggage at no charge which was done by some and it was also lost.
They flew to Dublin and then to Scotland. The luggage was lost in Dublin and as of Sunday was not found.

Some of the group of 17 caught covid in Scotland. The woman that died was sicker than the others. It was suggested that she should go to the hospital. She said that she would in the US and the whole group flew back to Dublin and then CT on Friday where she went directly to the hospital and died the next day. It was definitely established that she had covid. She left her husband and had no children.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Age as well as any co-morbid factors such as diabetes can be a factor in all health outcomes.

Reactions: Tia

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
My sister in law has a friend that arranges group trips and has traveled with her before covid.

Her latest group of 17 had a poor beginning when the airline loss everybody's luggage.
They traveled without luggage to Scotland, where some of the people in the group caught covid.
It was suggested that they go to the hospital for treatment.
A woman in the group who caught covid said that she wouldn't go to the hospital there and flew back to the US where yesterday she died in the hospital.

It was my understanding that the current version of coviid is weaker than a common cold, but apparently not in Scotland.
We know nothing else about this woman, but she must have been healthy enough to travel overseas which is something that we are avoiding.
What did she die from? Your post doesn't tell us that.

Roger830

TUG Member
Reaction score
What did she die from? Your post doesn't tell us that.

She died saturday and Sunday the friend of my sister in law told my wife what I reported here.

Why would you expect me to know what she died from?

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just yesterday, my friend shared that her cousin in Schenectady NY was
hospitalized with Covid and died 3 days later. About 75. BUT... He had a serious lung condition from being first responder at site of 9-11.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim) NEW: 2 Lawa'i Beach Resort!
We're done here - the usual suspects couldn't resist inserting their dog whistles. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.