• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Captain’s Quarters (InnSeason Resorts, Falmouth, MA)

smartr

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Captain’s Quarters (InnSeason Resorts)
Giving away our timeshare on Cape Cod. There’s nothing wrong with it or the location, but we just don’t use it. This is Captain’s Quarters at Surfside Resort, InnSeason Resorts, Falmouth, MA and is located on Heights Beach. You'll enjoy Cape Cod sunrises and sunsets with a view of Martha's Vineyard. There are many nearby fine restaurants that overlook the ocean or harbor. The center of town and shopping are only 3 miles away. Use your proximity to Nantucket and Martha’s Vineyard to explore these extraordinary islands.

This is a one-bedroom unit with king bed, sleep sofa, gas fireplace, A/C, whirlpool bath, entertainment center, full size living room, and an efficiency kitchen. You can walk to the beach or relax in the large outdoor heated pool and enjoy views of Vineyard Sound.

This is an annual Float week, Week 6, which can be requested to be swapped for weeks 1-6, 8-12, or 48-50. We booked the week of March 25 - April 1, 2022 for you! Per InnSeason policy, friends or family can use your week if you have other plans. Lastly, we have already paid the 2022 Maintenance fee. Your total cost between now and Jan 1, 2023 is zero.

Attachments

• 3B3688E4-8911-4E9F-A2BE-9ADB81FD8BC9.jpeg
    3B3688E4-8911-4E9F-A2BE-9ADB81FD8BC9.jpeg
    78.9 KB · Views: 41
  • AE251BCB-4FAF-4D95-A4D1-65BD685797FB.jpeg
    AE251BCB-4FAF-4D95-A4D1-65BD685797FB.jpeg
    49.4 KB · Views: 41
  • BE780A1A-C863-449D-ABC5-9445DF46748E.jpeg
    BE780A1A-C863-449D-ABC5-9445DF46748E.jpeg
    54.4 KB · Views: 44
  • 86DBBA71-9B73-4887-BD6E-972D16FCD44F.jpeg
    86DBBA71-9B73-4887-BD6E-972D16FCD44F.jpeg
    49.2 KB · Views: 44
  • 163C1541-5E53-468E-B74A-958817275F86.jpeg
    163C1541-5E53-468E-B74A-958817275F86.jpeg
    70.5 KB · Views: 45
  • 138996B2-F4C0-4712-B343-159889DD947D.jpeg
    138996B2-F4C0-4712-B343-159889DD947D.jpeg
    43.4 KB · Views: 43

e.bram

Reaction score
Captain's Quarters will no longer transfer your deeded ownership to someone else. The condominium will demand you assign your deed back to them and issue a Timeshare License. Be prepared.

sharewhereMiMi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Massanutten VA,
Presidential Resorts Wilderness VA, Wyndham Myrtle Beach SC,
The Quarter House, New Orleans LA
Our family is interested.
What are the current MF?
What has been the fees history for the annual maintenance fees for the last 3 years?
When was the last Special Assessment, how much? And what/where was the improvements ( using the SA funds)

Thank you for your kind offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smartr

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Captain's Quarters will no longer transfer your deeded ownership to someone else. The condominium will demand you assign your deed back to them and issue a Timeshare License. Be prepared.
This must be a new policy. Have you worked with them recently? I’ll give them a call, thanks.

smartr

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Our family is interested.
What are the current MF?
What has been the fees history for the annual maintenance fees for the last 3 years?
When was the last Special Assessment, how much? And what/where was the improvements ( using the SA funds)

Thank you for your kind offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The current maintenance fee is $741 (paid). 2020 was $740. 2019 was $726. 2018 was $701. The most recent Special Assessment was in 2018: $800 and I didn’t keep the list of improvements. The yearly fees haven’t been the issue for us - we just haven’t worked timeshare ownership into our vacation habit successfully, so our plan is to give it to someone who can enjoy it.

swditz

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
westgate palace wk 52
briarwood cape cod wk 30
surfside cape cod wk 41
falls at Ogunquit wk 21
discovery beach wk 7
captains quarters wk 38
65000 inn season points
Have they explained this change to you? I own 3 fixed weeks with them and havent seen this before. Not sure what a licence would be.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Have they explained this change to you? I own 3 fixed weeks with them and havent seen this before. Not sure what a licence would be.
See this thread;

smartr

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Did you get a response?
I spoke to someone and received documents that describe their transfer process. This process has not changed in the last couple of years. Both the Seller and the Buyer need to complete a couple of pages of requested information and mail them to the Resort. They will process everything from there, including working with the Registry of Deeds. I don’t see anything in their process about deeding back to them or issuing any type of license. Maybe you’re thinking of a different resort?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I spoke to someone and received documents that describe their transfer process. This process has not changed in the last couple of years. Both the Seller and the Buyer need to complete a couple of pages of requested information and mail them to the Resort. They will process everything from there, including working with the Registry of Deeds. I don’t see anything in their process about deeding back to them or issuing any type of license. Maybe you’re thinking of a different resort?
Was the buyer or someone else named as the Grantee on the deed you would have signed?

e.bram

Reaction score
What did you find out about the nature of the assignment(transfer) Deed or License? how does Innseason do it?
Should you tell the buyer?

e.bram

Reaction score
Not trying to controversial or combative with my responses , but think buyers and sellers should be aware of what is happening and not be deceived by any person or organization either advertently on inadvertently. "Caveat Emptor"

smartr

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Not trying to controversial or combative with my responses , but think buyers and sellers should be aware of what is happening and not be deceived by any person or organization either advertently on inadvertently. "Caveat Emptor"
With all due respect, I think you’re barking up the wrong tree. From the couple of people at Captain’s Quarters that I’ve talked to, and after reviewing their ownership transfer process, I don’t see any references to ‘license’. If you want to follow up, the best person to talk to at InnSeason is Aliicia Crowell in Resort Services at 508-957-1875.

smartr

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Giving away our timeshare on Cape Cod. There’s nothing wrong with it or the location, but we just don’t use it. This is Captain’s Quarters at Surfside Resort, InnSeason Resorts, Falmouth, MA and is located on Heights Beach. You'll enjoy Cape Cod sunrises and sunsets with a view of Martha's Vineyard. There are many nearby fine restaurants that overlook the ocean or harbor. The center of town and shopping are only 3 miles away. Use your proximity to Nantucket and Martha’s Vineyard to explore these extraordinary islands.

This is a one-bedroom unit with king bed, sleep sofa, gas fireplace, A/C, whirlpool bath, entertainment center, full size living room, and an efficiency kitchen. You can walk to the beach or relax in the large outdoor heated pool and enjoy views of Vineyard Sound.

This is an annual Float week, Week 6, which can be requested to be swapped for weeks 1-6, 8-12, or 48-50. We booked the week of March 25 - April 1, 2022 for you! Per InnSeason policy, friends or family can use your week if you have other plans. Lastly, we have already paid the 2022 Maintenance fee. Your total cost between now and Jan 1, 2023 is zero.
In the original post I said, “We booked the week of March 25 - April 1, 2022 for you!” Well, March 25 is TODAY and yes, we have checked in and plan to enjoy the location for the week. We are right on the ocean and a short 5 minute drive to the quintessential New England village of Falmouth - lots of shops and restaurants. This unit is still available for free.

Aside from the location, here’s another reason to assume ownership: if what you really want is a 2 bedroom unit or to have flexibility to use any of the 52 weeks each year, then think of this 1 bedroom unit as equity. It’s like cash-in-hand. Use it to upgrade and keep the cost to do so very low. Just a thought!