• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cannot log into my WorldMark account currently (home phone is not forwarded to cell on vacation for verification code). Cancellation policy?

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I booked a 3 bedroom for 3/18-3/25/2023 at Dolphin's Cove and realized several days ago that I couldn't cancel because it was within 30 days, and I think the cancellation policy is <30 days, 0% of points refunded. Am I mistaken? Can I recover my points at this late date?

Darn February for having 28 days because it messes with my brain?

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
It depends when exactly you booked it. If you open your reservation, it will show the cancellation policy in place on the right hand side of the screen. This one I booked during IS, so cancellation is 10 days.

1677194860786.png

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I was able to log into the site. I booked almost a year ahead:

Cancellation policy
This reservation has passed the cancellation date and will be penalized if cancelled (this includes Guest Certificates and Guest Certificate fees, which are non-refundable). You may cancel a reservation online or by calling the Vacation Planning Center at 800-457-0103.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have always had in my head that I should cancel 30+ days ahead.

Rentals are definitely slowing down, that's for sure.

TheHappyWanderer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sometimes the lame website says you are past the cancellation date when you actually still have a day or two left to cancel and get your credits back.

Perhaps you can call and tell Worldmark that you went to cancel but you were incorrectly informed by the website that you were past the cancellation date, and that now you realize you were not actually past the cancellation date and that you would have gone ahead and cancelled on time if the website had given you the correct information.

I am not sure if this is what happened to you but it's worth a shot. This happened to me again a few days ago when I went to cancel on the last day that I could, and so I called in and then even the phone rep tried to tell me I was past the cancellation date. But it got straightened out and I was able to cancel the reservation and get my credits back.

How Worldmark has never fixed such a horrible website glitch is beyond me.

Last edited:

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sometimes the lame website says you are past the cancellation date when you actually still have a day or two left to cancel and get your credits back.

Perhaps you can call and tell Worldmark that you went to cancel but you were incorrectly informed by the website that you were past the cancellation date, and that now you realize you were not actually past the cancellation date and that you would have gone ahead and cancelled on time if the website had given you the correct information.

I am not sure if this is what happened to you but it's worth a shot. This happened to me again a few days ago when I went to cancel on the last day that I could, and so I called in and then even the phone rep tried to tell me I was past the cancellation date. But it got straightened out and I was able to cancel the reservation and get my credits back.

How Worldmark has never fixed such a horrible website glitch is beyond me.
Thanks for that. I am going to call. I am worried about clicking on cancel. I assume I will have a message telling me what my penalty is, but what if I cancel and no message shows up? I will be out $1,100 in fees.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
You can click the cancel button to see your options. Then you would confirm that you want to cancel by clicking again.

Bill

https://worldmark.wyndhamdestinations.com/us/en/owner-guide/guidelines-and-policiesCancellation Policy

• If your plans have changed and you need to cancel your WorldMark vacation, follow the steps below to cancel your reservation online.
    • Find the cancel option by your reservation on your dashboard, your reservations page, or on the reservation’s detail page.
    • Tap the cancel link to pull up the summary of your reservation. This will show the amount that will be reimbursed to your account or refunded to the method of payment. If you're cancelling past the cancellation deadline, you'll also see any penalizations. If your credits have expired since you booked the reservation, you'll be instructed to use them by the end of the day.
    • To continue with cancellation, select "Cancel reservation"
    More information:
    Many reservations may be cancelled online, even if originally confirmed through the Vacation Planning Center. Please refer to the online booking section of the guidelines and policies for a list of reservation types eligible for online cancellation.

For more information on cancellation and cancellation periods, please refer to the WorldMark, The Club Guidelines.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We are on the phone with WorldMark. Terrible wait times.

Tacoma

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I had a very hard to get reservation booked at WHistler for my friend. About 3 weeks before (too late to cancel) her husband had a heart attack. She said no problem her adult kids would still go, so about 10 days before I put the reservation in her daughter's name. Four days before her husband came down with covid and 2 days before she did. The problem was I was in Belize with no phone. I told her I would cancel online and call them when I was back in the country. Called early in the morning so minimal wait. They were very fair, of course I got back HK and taxes and they also gave me back 5000 of the 5600 points it cost. No refund on the guest certificate of course. Overall extremely fair. This is the third time they've allowed us to cancel way after cancellation dates, all for fairly serious last minute issues that arrive. I sure wish they would bring back you get your points back if the reservation is picked up. I could understand a fee to audit the room but it should still be available. Charging for the room twice just seems wrong.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I had a very hard to get reservation booked at WHistler for my friend. About 3 weeks before (too late to cancel) her husband had a heart attack. She said no problem her adult kids would still go so about 10 days before I put the reservation in her daughter's name. Four days before her husband came down with covid and 2 days before she did. The problem was I was in Belize with no phone. I told her I would cancel online and call them when I was back in the country. Called early in the morning so minimal wait. They were very fair of course I got back HK and taxes and they also gave me back 5000 of the 5600 points it cost. No refund on the guest certificate of course. Overall extremely fair. This is the third time they've allowed us to cancel way after cancellation dates all for fairly serios last minute issues that arrive. I sure wish they would bring back you get your points back if the reservation is picked up. I could understand a few to audit the room but it should still be available. Charging for the room twice just seems wrong.
It worked out very well. WorldMark was extremely fair. I am happy with the outcome, a full refund of all 12,000 points. They most likely had a waitlist for that very week, and that would be a happy owner to get that one.

Dolphin's Cove is extremely nice after the updates.

Tacoma

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Glad it worked out for you too. I'm also glad to hear Dolphin's Cove has had a nice update as my daughter is going there in April.

Joan