• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Canmore II Resorts

Carlsbadguy

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thinking of trading into one of the Canmore Resorts for a ski week at Banff next winter. Any suggestions on which resort is nicer and best time of the winter to go. From reviews looks like the Canmore resorts are a lot nicer than Banff Rocky Mountain Resort. I always see avaialbility on II so are these not wanted resorts? What would be the travel time to the ski resorts? Probably 10 years ago stayed at Banff Rocky Mountain resort during the summer.
Thank You

djyamyam

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thinking of trading into one of the Canmore Resorts for a ski week at Banff next winter. Any suggestions on which resort is nicer and best time of the winter to go. From reviews looks like the Canmore resorts are a lot nicer than Banff Rocky Mountain Resort. I always see avaialbility on II so are these not wanted resorts? What would be the travel time to the ski resorts? Probably 10 years ago stayed at Banff Rocky Mountain resort during the summer.
Thank You
In order of "niceness", I would go:
  1. Solara
  2. Paradise Resort Club
  3. Sunset Resorts
  4. WM Canmore
  5. Grand Canadian
  6. Banff Rocky Mtn
The Grand Canadian have the largest 2BR units and we like the split rooms with the living room in the middle but it's not as updated as the first two. All the ones listed above in Canmore have a heated underground parking which is especially nice when it's snowy out. #6 is outdoor surface parking only. #6 is the only one in the national park but Canmore is only 17 mins away from Banff townsite. We've stayed at them all (and own/have owned at 3 of them) and like them all for different reasons

Solara doesn't pop up as often but 2,3 and 5 are often available in II. You see #4 more so in RCI but it does trade in II. I'd say it's more rare than Solara in II

For skiing, I like late Feb and early/mid-March as you need the snowpack to build up. That's also non-holiday time so will be less busy. Local spring break is usually around the 3rd week of March but it varies with the surrounding provinces. April can give you spring skiing but you won't get as much snow so it can be icy in the morning before softening up in the aft

ps. you may also want to have a moderator move this to the Canadian not Caribbean timeshare section

Last edited:

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Local spring break is usually around the 3rd week of March but it varies with the surrounding provinces.

Spring break in Calgary is always the last week of March. That would be by far the biggest factor for busyness at the ski resorts, except for the days around Family Day (same day as President's day in the US) as the Thursday/Friday before all Alberta schools are off for Teachers Convention and the week of the holiday the universities have off.

Ski-Dad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Grandview LV - Vacation Villages
Interesting thread in the Caribbean forum.

barto

TUG Member
Reaction score
djyamyam, great list! I would have put Sunset Resorts after Grand Canadian, but it's been quite a few years since we were there. Just had a 3-week stint at Grand Canadian. They've done a few updates with the change in management, but we love the space and how each bedroom had their own bathroom, plus the in-suite laundry.

Got to peek into the WM Canmore (1-bedroom suite) and were impressed overall. Would be OK for a couple but tight for more (and the 2-bedrooms are hard to get).

Banff Rocky Mountain Resort definitely needs updating the most for sure, although the Wolf units are decent. not sure how that works for exchanging - most likely stuck with the old units.

I'll let others speak to the skiing, though! :)

tomvc

TUG Member
Reaction score
WM Canmore (1-bedroom suite)
Stayed at WM Canmore at end of Jan 2024. Agree that 1BRs are small. Shares hot tubs with Grand Canadian. Underground parking is nice (ask front desk about entrance since not all guests were aware). Drive to Sunshine is ok, but Lake Louse a bit further. If I were to stay in Canmore again, I would stay close to town where you can walk to restaurants.

If you have RCI, great deals on WM Canmore using extra vacation or last call.

barto

TUG Member
Reaction score
The front desk at WM Canmore said the underground parking is unreserved, so it might be full at a given time - then you're stuck with above-ground parking.

Good point about walking to things - not much in normal walking range from the WM, especially in winter.

ForThePoints27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank You
Canmore is a great area to stay. You're just outside of Banff National Park and it's a great town. You then also have easy access to skiing outside of Banff (ex Kananaskis)
Dec-Feb would be best for skiing.

Tacoma

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I would add the first 3 weeks of March are great skiing. The last week is spring break for the public school system so it is busy.

Soccer Canada

TUG Member
Reaction score
Id say that most weekends in Canmore are pretty busy (the Calgary/Condo effect). Monday - Friday it seems a little less so. WM Canmore is nice, often Elk/Moose right at the corner. Nice thing is its a short drive into everything in Canmore from just about anywhere, roads are well winter maintained and the Trans-Canada (Hwy1) is the major east/west throughfare for both Commercial and Non-Commercial Traffic, so also well maintanted.