• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 31 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 31st Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bought from Developer, Is this worth is?

Reaction score
Hi,

Hoping this group can help. I bought directly from the developer this week. HGV with Max, 6,500 points annual use for $30,000, with 7,500 HSV points and 6,500 X 3 bonus points. Annual maintenance of $1,800. This is on Diamond Resorts paper for their Hawaii collection.

I am inclined to cancel during the rescission period and look in the re-sale market. Hoping for some advice.

Thanks!

WorldT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok. So you know a resale market exist. It stands to reason that you would research the resale market before dropping $30,000 on a product. You are not going to be able to do that research with a clock ticking. So rescind, come back here and do your research and if you still want to buy from the developer, that offer will still be waiting for you.
I know, I know, they told you the offer is not good if you walk out. But they are sales people, that is what they always say. Marriott, BGV, Holiday inn, Vidanta, etc. They all say it but will gladly sell it to you if you call them.

Mr.G

TUG Member
Reaction score
I prefer hgvc side more than the diamond side

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
you should 100% cancel and research the resale market! you didnt buy HGVC, you bought HVC (diamond resorts). despite the "similar" name, its a COMPLETELY different system.

congrats on finding TUG in time to rescind and save $30,000 bucks! heck you could actually buy HGVC resale and still come out tens of thousands ahead!

Reaction score
Thank you for the advice! I will mail and fax in the rescission immediately. What are the benefits or upsides to getting HGVC v/s HVC. And is Max something that is at all needed? Is my understanding correct, that if I got HGVC on resale, I would anyways have access to the better properties and would not need Max to access any HVC properties?

HedonisticEpicurean

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
*Kings Land - 2 weeks
*Phoenician - 3 weeks
*Table Rock (RCI) - 2 w
*St. Regis NY - 4 w
*La Pacifica - 1 week
Great decision!
Others will tell you the good and bad about Max.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Great decision!!!!! I moved your thread to HVC/DRI forum since you actually purchased HVC. HGV Max is only an exchange into the other club (which in your case would have been HGVC). IMO, HGV has this whole thing so confusing for a reason where especially new owners don't understand what they are buying or have bought. I personally like HGVC side and you can purchase resale much less (maybe $4K-$5 for 11,200 pts for a very good deed) with all benefits as retail except HgvMax (which isn't worth it) or bonus pts (only come with retail purchase) and elite status (you would need to purchase much more to get that anyways). I wasn't interested in DRI before HGV purchased that company nor am I interested in those properties now.

My advice to you now is to take your time and research to see if TS is a fit and then which system.

kanerf

TUG Member
Reaction score
6500 is barely a week at most resorts. What are your vacation plans? You could buy 30,000 or more points for less than $5000 on the resale market in many cases.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
Make sure to get proof of mailing (with tracking number to prove it was delivered) or certified with return receipt and fax confirm (assuming FAX is one of the methods of delivery for cancellations stated in your materials). Boot-strapped (mailed and FAX) is good idea for recissions.
Everyone who signed contract must sign. Also return any materials, such as books, catalog, etc. These can be sent in a separate package--just get proof of mailing. And do it within the cancellation time--do not wait until the last day. If you follow this exactly, you'll be fine. If not, you likely won't. Good luck.
I am on the (resale) HGVC side and love it. But, I would never pay the developer rates for this (or any) timeshare.

callwill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Saw this on another thread. Probably a good idea:
"While I'm at the post office sending it by certified mail, I would always send a second copy by separate regular mail, with a certificate of mailing from the post office, which is very cheap. That way, if the TS company for some reason refuses or doesn't receive the certified mail, you always have a legal presumption of delivery of mail that was correctly addressed, stamped, and mailed."

yodaDaenerys

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Orlando
HGV Max
i'm planning to do a zoom this coming sunday call to discuss HGVMax, but from the HGVC side. you can find details over in the HGVC forum, if interested. or DM me.

Bmason007

Reaction score
Make sure to get proof of mailing (with tracking number to prove it was delivered) or certified with return receipt and fax confirm (assuming FAX is one of the methods of delivery for cancellations stated in your materials). Boot-strapped (mailed and FAX) is good idea for recissions.
Everyone who signed contract must sign. Also return any materials, such as books, catalog, etc. These can be sent in a separate package--just get proof of mailing. And do it within the cancellation time--do not wait until the last day. If you follow this exactly, you'll be fine. If not, you likely won't. Good luck.
I am on the (resale) HGVC side and love it. But, I would never pay the developer rates for this (or any) timeshare.
They gave me a tote bag gift. Do you need to send that back?