• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 31 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 31st Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bonnet creek transportation options

ShawnH

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham
I see that Bonnet Creek no longer offers a shuttle to and from Disney. Is the only available option to rent a car, or use Lyft/Uber?

Our plans changed and we had points that had to be burned this use year so we booked a trip to BC end of January thru first part of February so I’m weighing all of our options. Really do not want to rent a car.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
It seems that until they find another shuttle operator, Uber/Lyft is your best option unless you are willing to rent a car. Even with the shuttle, there is a fee and for a large family it may be more expensive than rideshare anyway.

ShawnH

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham
It seems that until they find another shuttle operator, Uber/Lyft is your best option unless you are willing to rent a car. Even with the shuttle, there is a fee and for a large family it may be more expensive than rideshare anyway.
There will be 5 of us, and our 5 year old, 6 when we finally go, will likely need a booster seat. Will depend on her height/weight when we travel. Personally I’m hoping she meets the threshold of not needing one safely as I have heard waiting for a ride share with cad seat can be substantial.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Does the Hilton by Bonnet Creek offer a shuttle to/from the airport?

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort; Wyndham Bonnet Creek; Wyndham Bali Hai; Wyndham Canterbury; Wyndham Grand Desert; Marriott Grand Chateau
There will be 5 of us, and our 5 year old, 6 when we finally go, will likely need a booster seat. Will depend on her height/weight when we travel. Personally I’m hoping she meets the threshold of not needing one safely as I have heard waiting for a ride share with cad seat can be substantial.
In your situation I would really consider just renting a car. That time of year you can likely get a good deal and trying to get an uber XL car seat is dicey at peak times.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am probably the wrong person to ask (my risk tolerance is high) but for a six year old I'd just skip the booster.

I'm a bad parent, I know. Y'all are free to judge me harshly.

And I would also rent the car without a second thought. Yes it costs a few dollars, but by the time you pay to get from/to the airport, and from/to the parks, you are going to be close to that cost anyway. Once you have a car a lot of other things get easier--supply runs, etc.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Grand Desert, Kingsgate, Bali Hai, Oceanside
I am probably the wrong person to ask (my risk tolerance is high) but for a six year old I'd just skip the booster.

I'm a bad parent, I know. Y'all are free to judge me harshly.

And I would also rent the car without a second thought. Yes it costs a few dollars, but by the time you pay to get from/to the airport, and from/to the parks, you are going to be close to that cost anyway. Once you have a car a lot of other things get easier--supply runs, etc.
I would rent the car and have Walmart deliver me a backless booster for $20-30 (which in Disney vacation terms is a drop in the bucket).

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeah, if I was renting I'd definitely acquire/bring a booster. (Well, probably not definitely, but...) I was thinking more about the rideshare case, where I'd be more tempted to skip it.

ShawnH

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham
I checked on a rental and it seems like for the duration of the stay its like 600 bucks. Honestly I dont know that I want to deal with the hassle of driving in Orlando, plus vacation is one of the rare times I enjoy consuming adult beverages. In the past I have always used a private car service to transport me to and from the airport, it was a price comparable option compared to a meers shuttle, and between the resorts at universal and Disney (no bus from universal resorts to disney resorts and vice versa) and then used resort transportation. This will be the first time we have stayed at a non disney resort. Its really a bummer that there is no shuttle service from Bonnet Creek and I guess there is always the possibility, though probably unlikely, that they may find a transportation service by the time we go.

I know that each state is different but in Florida the ubers only offer a car seat, no booster, and if my daughter is over 55 lbs or 52 inches she wont fit in the car seat. Just thought id see what options there were, or if there were options.

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort; Wyndham Bonnet Creek; Wyndham Bali Hai; Wyndham Canterbury; Wyndham Grand Desert; Marriott Grand Chateau
I know that each state is different but in Florida the ubers only offer a car seat, no booster, and if my daughter is over 55 lbs or 52 inches she wont fit in the car seat. Just thought id see what options there were, or if there were options.
There really aren’t any other options. I’ve been in your boat on multiple trips and the only realistic option has been to rent a car. You’re not going to want to lug a booster seat around the parks (I guess you could try to rent a locker at the front of the park each day, but that is a hassle as well). And you’re probably not going to want to do Uber without a booster seat given the safety implications. It sort of is what it is. It’s the drawback of an off-site Disney stay with children who need car seats / booster seats.

I will say that in my experience most of the Uber xl car seat rentals use those convertible high-back booster/car seats that can be used as a booster, but it’s not guaranteed.

Reaction score
Does the Hilton by Bonnet Creek offer a shuttle to/from the airport?
It costs money, but depending on your budget, the answer is yes. This is for the Waldorf-Astoria, but since the Conrad (both Hilton luxury hotel brands) is next door, I don't see why you can't take it. Their buses are run by MEARS, which Hilton contracts with and the drivers are MEARS drivers. Wyndham Bonnet Creek only tells you different options, none of which are exclusive to their hotel. I suggest going to each hotel's website to find out what they offer and how much.

As a side note, you can park-hop or go to any DVC resort on property from any theme park. Disney Springs does not have transportation going to any theme park, but any bus driver or Audience Control (safety vests) cast member can tell you the best way to go from DS to your theme park of choice. Also, if you have a stroller, you must fold it up before getting on a Disney Transportation bus. The sign outside our buses gives a D.O.T. Regulation, it does not specifically say to fold them up, but it says aisles must be kept clear. In an emergency, we don't want someone's stroller blocking free passage to the exits.

TS

ShawnH

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham
So I’m trying to figure out which rental car place is best, a highly subjective subject I know, but I typically only rent high end exotics on adult vacations and have literally no experience with the average rental car place.

Currently I’m considering Alamo and Budget, and considering making the reservation with either our Sam’s or Costco discount. Any advice on this would be appreciated.

Doing the napkin math it seems to be a better solution to just rent the car since rideshares fluctuate in price so much and there is virtually no shuttle option.

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
So I’m trying to figure out which rental car place is best, a highly subjective subject I know, but I typically only rent high end exotics on adult vacations and have literally no experience with the average rental car place.

Currently I’m considering Alamo and Budget, and considering making the reservation with either our Sam’s or Costco discount. Any advice on this would be appreciated.

Doing the napkin math it seems to be a better solution to just rent the car since rideshares fluctuate in price so much and there is virtually no shuttle option.
Budget at MCO has a bad reputation. Long lines mainly. Alamo is a dream. You can checkin online or at the kiosk and avoid the in person upsells. You go to the garage, pick your car from the aisle and you are on your way. If the prices are the same or similar, Alamo 100% of the way.

ShawnH

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham
Budget at MCO has a bad reputation. Long lines mainly. Alamo is a dream. You can checkin online or at the kiosk and avoid the in person upsells. You go to the garage, pick your car from the aisle and you are on your way. If the prices are the same or similar, Alamo 100% of the way.
Unfortunately due to the huge debacle American Airlines caused us back in 2023 we no longer fly using connecting flights…… so we are flying into SFB on allegiant, though I’m pretty sure there is a desk for both Alamo and Budget at SFB. Thanks for the info on budget, seems they have a mixed bag of reviews where Alamo has pretty consistent 4-5 star reviews.

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Unfortunately due to the huge debacle American Airlines caused us back in 2023 we no longer fly using connecting flights…… so we are flying into SFB on allegiant, though I’m pretty sure there is a desk for both Alamo and Budget at SFB. Thanks for the info on budget, seems they have a mixed bag of reviews where Alamo has pretty consistent 4-5 star reviews.
I think Alamo has the same setup at Sanford.

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am partial to National personally. It easy to status match just about any hotel, airline, or car rental status you hold to their Emerald Status program and then you can select any car you want from the lot instead of them just assigning you something. Had a huge Dodge Durango with a 3rd row on our trip to South Florida last week for the cost of a mid-size car. (<$300 for a full week!)

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
100 percent Alamo I agree as well. Skip the counter is incredible. Just make sure to book a refundable reservation and keep checking every day as prices drop frequently, especially as you get closer to your trip.

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well that stinks.
Sanford is such an easier airport than MCO though that I don’t think you’ll encounter the kinds of waits/lines there that you get at MCO. I’ve never had an issue at SFB.

Reaction score
Sanford is such an easier airport than MCO though that I don’t think you’ll encounter the kinds of waits/lines there that you get at MCO. I’ve never had an issue at SFB.
SFB (I live close by there) does not have any modern rental car stations, you still must go to the counter and sign forms. But like others have said, the longest line you'll have to deal with is maybe 2 people. I've rented from Avis and Enterprise there. Dropping your car off can be a little confusing at first, but it's not too bad.

TS

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SFB (I live close by there) does not have any modern rental car stations, you still must go to the counter and sign forms. But like others have said, the longest line you'll have to deal with is maybe 2 people. I've rented from Avis and Enterprise there. Dropping your car off can be a little confusing at first, but it's not too bad.

TS
Yeah, this has been my experience at SFB. I even rented from Dollar once (which I wouldn’t generally recommend), and there were only 3 people in the line. Now, granted, they spent about 10 minutes per person so that was still a 30 minute line…

ShawnH

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham

TS
I have never flown into. SFB but imagine is a smaller airport than MCO but in other instances have preferred the smaller airports to their larger counterparts. How bad is the drive to Disney world from SFB? Never drove in Orlando before as I have always used a private car service on trips to Orlando. Ironically it’s the only place we’ve vacationed I’ve never driven in.

Reaction score
I have never flown into. SFB but imagine is a smaller airport than MCO but in other instances have preferred the smaller airports to their larger counterparts. How bad is the drive to Disney world from SFB? Never drove in Orlando before as I have always used a private car service on trips to Orlando. Ironically it’s the only place we’ve vacationed I’ve never driven in.
SFB to Walt Disney World is around 51-55 minutes using the Greeneway (toll roads), depending on where at WDW you're going. WDW is over 40 square miles (DisneyLand in CA can fit in the Hollywood Studios parking lot).

TS

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SFB is definitely way more pleasant than MCO. It is especially more pleasant to fly out of.