• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bonnet creek rooms

Arimaas

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to guarantee a lake facing room at BC? I didn’t see the choice when I picked the room? Just the choice between a 2br deluxe and a 2br presidential. Someone on the Facebook group said you can pick when you make your reservations, but he’s either mistaken or I missed it.

Thanks.

WyndhamBarter

TUG Member
Reaction score
FWIW I just did a test booking 10 months out. It offered 23 room types, none of which mention location.

On the "4. COMPLETE BOOKING" screen it offered the usual Special Requests ("Is there a specific room number you would like to request?"),
where you can fill in a specific room number. I think that is only offered to VIP owners.

Hopefully others here can provide more specifics as far as room recommendations, especially if you say what
class of room(s) you are interested in. There are also many, many threads here covering the YMMV
(your mileage may vary) aspect of specific room requests - stories vary from frequent success through
having front desk staff admit that they completely ignore room requests.

So I conclude that BC is *not* one of the resorts that separates room classes by view category
when booking ("lake"/"upper flooor"/etc.) You may also get advice about how far in advance to
telephone the resort with a room request - that has always been a black art to me.

mainetara

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Vacation Village at Berkshires
I am an owner and have stayed there many times. I have never had the option to guarantee a specific room view.

Arimaas

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am an owner and have stayed there many times. I have never had the option to guarantee a specific room view.

That leads to the next question - some rooms there overlook the parking lot as opposed to the lake, correct ?

Sandi Bo

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I only get the special request option when booking with my developer points (and we are VIP Founders). I don't have that option when booking with my resale points. It's on the 'complete booking' step. You have to expand the special request section (hit plus) and can enter a room number. I don't have a particular room we prefer, but I do like to face the lake (or a pool).

I also always call before checkin and request a lakeview. I think even just a few days in advance is good enough, although I try to call about 2 weeks prior as a rule. Rooms are pre-assigned by the room controller, and they do take requests from owners (not guests, unless it's handicapped or medically related). Even parking lot views at Bonnet Creek aren't bad, if the rooms are high. I realize the lake is pretty awesome, but if high, it's not a bad view. One of our last stays they upgraded us to a 1 BR Presidential, parking lot (they call conservatory), we could see the fireworks (I think they were Epcot's) . And yes, ultimately up to the room controller gods where you are assigned, you can't book at Bonnet Creek based on tower or view.

I do this almost everywhere we stay unless I have no idea what to ask for. In that case, I may call the resort and ask what they recommend.

CruiseGuy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Panama City Beach, Bonnet Creek, and Royal Vista
No. You can ask at check-in or call ahead. Several bonnet creek guest services rep have made statements at check-in to indicate that they use a tier type system to determine who has priority when determining if they can switch assigned rooms. Basically your VIP level, whether you own at bonnet creek, whether you are a Wyndham owner, and whether you are a guest all factor in to who gets priority when making these requests. Prior to being a deeded owner there, I almost always got parking lot views. Once I became a deeded owner I almost always get my lake view when I request it at check-in.

Arimaas

TUG Member
Reaction score
No. You can ask at check-in or call ahead. Several bonnet creek guest services rep have made statements at check-in to indicate that they use a tier type system to determine who has priority when determining if they can switch assigned rooms. Basically your VIP level, whether you own at bonnet creek, whether you are a Wyndham owner, and whether you are a guest all factor in to who gets priority when making these requests. Prior to being a deeded owner there, I almost always got parking lot views. Once I became a deeded owner I almost always get my lake view when I request it at check-in.

So as a resale owner (CWA and Fairfield Glade) I’ll be looking at the parking lot. Lol.
Somehow one Easter I got a lake view but I think it was a fluke.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
And, it isn't that big of a deal. I've only had "outer" rooms for my two BC stays. One overlooked Epcot (and its nightly fireworks). The other was in Building 2, but a high-enough floor that we were looking out over the Waldorf's golf course, though if we stood up and looked down there was a parking lot.

Arimaas

TUG Member
Reaction score
And, it isn't that big of a deal. I've only had "outer" rooms for my two BC stays. One overlooked Epcot (and its nightly fireworks). The other was in Building 2, but a high-enough floor that we were looking out over the Waldorf's golf course, though if we stood up and looked down there was a parking lot.

That’s fine. As long as there’s something pretty to look at I don’t need the lake per se. Just want to keep the wife happy. I could look at a dumpster and just be happy I’m at a resort, not working and not commuting.

Sandi Bo

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Interesting. We are owners at Bonnet Creek (about 500K of our VIP Founders points). I never got the feeling they were aware we were owners at Bonnet Creek. I know they are aware we are VIP Founders. I'll have to ask next time (if they are aware of our BC ownership and take that into consideration).

Sandi Bo

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I think we've staying in every building, probably every type room, high, low, inside and outside. I'm just happy to be at Bonnet Creek :)

My husband was most impressed when he met Vijay Singh on the elevator. I think it was 2005. I say tower 2, he says tower 3. I guess we've been going for a few years.

Lisa P

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Points
We always request an upper floor and we've always been assigned rooms on or above the 5th floor. We've always enjoyed nice views: either distant views, woodlands, or lake views. We're regular Club Wyndham resale owners with different home resorts. IMO, the first floor is the least desirable because whether facing the lake or the nicely landscaped parking lots, there's potential for people to be walking past your windows and not very far from your patio. 2nd floor views are only slightly better, especially if looking out over parked cars. But at such a large resort of towers, it seems pretty easy to get an upper floor room with a generally nice view.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
They are only requests. I have put in room numbers, called and asked for views, and did nothing. Honestly it is hit or miss. Occasionally I got what I requested, but more often then not, the request was ignored at best, or not honored, at worst.

Last edited:

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil

We are VIP Founders and have a 1,449,000 point Presidential Reserve contract with Bonnet Creek as the home resort. I've never seen that it makes any difference when it comes to building, view, or floor. I ask for what I want; they give me whatever they want to give me.