• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Balcony view at Sheraton Steamboat Resort

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
Checked in yesterday.

Attachments

• IMG_5361.jpeg
    IMG_5361.jpeg
    103.1 KB · Views: 37

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
There's a thread for these in this forum.... Might be nice if it were a sticky so folks don't have to search for it to add postings.

sponger76

TUG Member
Reaction score
That seems to be overlooking the main swimming pool, which means it's not the Morningside Tower...

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
That seems to be overlooking the main swimming pool, which means it's not the Morningside Tower...
You’re probably right. The only signage I’ve seen says morning side so I went with it

sponger76

TUG Member
Reaction score
You’re probably right. The only signage I’ve seen says morning side so I went with it
Yeah, I don't think they actually named the other towers. Morningside is specificallly built for timeshares, the other buildings are converted hotel. It has hot tubs on the roof (8th floor?).

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Yeah, I don't think they actually named the other towers. Morningside is the one with only non-lockoff 2 and 3 bedroom villas specificallly built for timeshares. The other towers are converted hotel buildings.
We strongly suspected this was a hotel conversion. It just has that hotel feel to it. Next time I’ll be sure to book a non-lock off unit.

sponger76

TUG Member
Reaction score
We strongly suspected this was a hotel conversion. It just has that hotel feel to it. Next time I’ll be sure to book a non-lock off unit.
Morningside units show in Vistana as 3BR Mountainside, 3BR Valleyside and 2BR Valleyside (or 2BR Premium). 2BR Mountainside are in the hotel buildings. Not sure if it shows up the same in Abound. Biggest clue is the higher square footage.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis

Yes, it was a conversion. You’ll find threads on it from years ago when it was first announced.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Morningside units show in Vistana as 3BR Mountainside, 3BR Valleyside and 2BR Valleyside (or 2BR Premium). 2BR Mountainside are in the hotel buildings. Not sure if it shows up the same in Abound. Biggest clue is the higher square footage.
It doesn’t show up that way if I recall. Just lock off of three bedroom or lock off of four bedroom. They show floor plans but, I don’t believe they’re accurate. The unit we’re in isn’t like the floor plan shown when I booked the stay

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
It seems that Marriott has corrected the floor plans on its website. I just went back and looked and the floor plan associated with what I booked last year is correct. I wonder if there were complaints about not getting a unit layout that was shown when booking?
Marriott isn’t the only timeshare management company that’s hard to figure out what you’re really booking. I have issue with Hiltons website trying to make sure I book what I want.
I have learned one thing. The unit style I was trying to avoid really isn’t bad. The second bedroom is smaller than I’d feel comfortable putting guests in, but for just the two of us for a long weekend is fine.