• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Arizona

jlhworth

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau, Desert Oasis, Cove at Yarmouth
We Love Arizona

We own 6 weeks in the Phoenix area and 300,000 Wyndham points in Sedona.

If you like to golf, both areas will thrill you. Believe it or not, fishing can be an option in both areas. Hiking, too. Wonderful restaurants are abundant in both areas.

Sedona is all about the unique rock formations, scenery and energy vortexes. Quaint shops and tourist traps can be found. The Grand Canyon is a day trip.

Phoenix is similar to other moderately sized cities. There is great shopping, sports venues, etc. (My husband loves baseball, therefore we stay in Scottsdale twice per year--once in March for Spring Training and once in October for the Instructional League). Sedona is a nice day trip.

I will elaborate if you have any questions. You could also do a search of past forums. I did this before my first trip to Sedona and we had an awesome time while there.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Don't forget to check the TUG reviews for AZ. The Four Seasons and Westin Kierland are the highest rated AZ resorts.

Which exchange company are you going to use?

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
We stayed at the Arroya Roble in Sedona. It was nice enough. Convenient to trips like the Grand Canyon, Flagstaff and the Petrified Forest, Red Rock Canyon, Plenty to do. Loved it. A great family vacation! Highly recommend it.

nightnurse613

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, I would add--Why not do them both!! No trip to Arizona would be complete without a visit to Sedona (less than 2 hour drive). If it were me, I would spend the night in Sedona or, if your trip is in September (October is iffy) --maybe do a day trip to the Grand Canyon from Sedona!! Problem solved!:D

John Cummings

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I lived in Phoenix and have vacationed in both Sedona and Scottsdale ( metro Phoenix ).

The Phoenix area and the Sedona area are as different as night and day. Phoenix is the 5th largest city in the US. There are lots of things to do and see in and around Phoenix. Sedona is a small tourist city with the red rocks being the major attraction.

Weather also plays a part depending on whether you go in September or October. The weather can be pretty hot in Phoenix in September and pretty cool in Sedona in October. Bear in mind that we are warm weather people. Weather-wise I would choose Sedona in September and Phoenix in October.

Sedona is well worth seeing so if you choose Phoenix, Sedona is an easy day trip from Phoenix.

It all depends on what you want to see and do. Either place is a good choice. You have a better choice of good resorts in the Phoenix area.

ricoba

TUG Member
Reaction score
Like others have said, Phoenix is a large metropolitan area and Sedona is more rural, laid back and "mystical".

So, it really depends on what you want. If you want a city holiday, then Phoenix, if you want a more relaxed quieter holiday, Sedona.

Of the two, Sedona is much prettier in my view, but don't get me wrong, the desert around Phoenix is quite lovely.

Just my two cents. :)