• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 31 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 31st Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Anyone familiar with T. F. C Advocates as an agent for getting out of a timeshare?

mogaiter@07

TUG Member
Reaction score
T. F. C Advocates proposing “exiting your timeshare “. Anyone know what this outfit does?

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Welcome @mogaiter@07
There are hundreds if not thousands of "timeshare exit companies". (It doesn't matter what name they used, they have a similar MO.) They may charge you several hundred to several thousand dollars to "market your timeshare". They'll convince you that they can sell it, price it at an unreasonably high price, put the listing on their website, and they have fulfilled their part of the contract. They have no intention of selling it. As soon as they get your money, up front, they move on to the next victim.

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
It's possible there are only dozens of them, just operating under lots of different names as a way of trying to stay 1 jump ahead of the law.

Playing it safe, I just assume those timeshare "exit" & timeshare "cancellation" operations are all hornswoggles & bamboozles unless proven otherwise.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

RX8

Timeshare Scam Investigator
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Doing a Google search for T.F.C. Advocates I am unable to find a website meaning they probably just started. Fleecing timeshare owners is a lucrative business so it attracts many to get their piece of the pie. There is no regulation so even criminals can start a business and call themselves an exit company. Paying any exit company a huge upfront fee is playing the odds and the odds aren’t even close to your favor.

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
T. F. C Advocates proposing “exiting your timeshare “. Anyone know what this outfit does?

Likely one of a number of things after taking your money:

1) Absolutely nothing except take your money and run.

2) The Viking Ship scheme.

3) The unwitting foreclosure scheme.

4) Negotiate with the resort or TS company to take your TS back.

5) The Power of Attorney route which is what many Post Card Companies do.

Given these choices, would you really want to deal with them?

If you could briefly explain your plight and what you are hoping to accomplish, maybe some here on TUG could help you without you losing thousands of dollars to this firm that apparently has just surfaced.

mogaiter@07

TUG Member
Reaction score
Likely one of a number of things after taking your money:

1) Absolutely nothing except take your money and run.

2) The Viking Ship scheme.

3) The unwitting foreclosure scheme.

4) Negotiate with the resort or TS company to take your TS back.

5) The Power of Attorney route which is what many Post Card Companies do.

Given these choices, would you really want to deal with them?

If you could briefly explain your plight and what you are hoping to accomplish, maybe some here on TUG could help you without you losing thousands of dollars to this firm that apparently has just surfaced.
Thanks for the help. I believe the folk that have replied and the internet searching confirms they are scammers.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim) NEW: 2 Lawa'i Beach Resort!
These guys are ALL scammers!

JayDaniels

Reaction score
Yes, they are.

I have one hell of a story but kind of afraid to even post it here as TradeBloc are a bunch of lawyers that have one hell of a lot more money than I do and they pride themselves on having ZERO negative reviews and stellar BBB rating. Can they come back on me for telling the truth?

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Yes, they are.

I have one hell of a story but kind of afraid to even post it here as TradeBloc are a bunch of lawyers that have one hell of a lot more money than I do and they pride themselves on having ZERO negative reviews and stellar BBB rating. Can they come back on me for telling the truth?
If you posted anonymously, you could sure tell your story in an anonymous sort of way, but because you have your name out there, I think you would do well not to be specific. Just my opinion.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
If you really want to believe they will help you exit your TS, then hire them. Remember this, the more you pay the better the service and higher the chance they will actually be successful in getting you out of your timeshare. With that being said, if the price seems really good, offer to pay them more to ensure complete satisfaction.

Best of luck…… this of course is sarcasm

JayDaniels

Reaction score
If you posted anonymously, you could sure tell your story in an anonymous sort of way, but because you have your name out there, I think you would do well not to be specific. Just my opinion.
Since my name is out there I'll just leave it at this (for now) until I discuss it with my legal counsel:

"The only thing worse than being psychologically manipulated with clever marketing techniques into an emotional driven time limited purchase of a timeshare is falling for a Third Party firm telling you lies and promising to get you out for cheap."

Don't believe it. Oh.. and keep receipts - EVERYTHING in writing (emails) and no phone calls.

Just call your timeshare property, they are likely to help you and prevent further injury. And you may just decide to keep your properties. ; )