• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Anyone ever have to leave early?

wingkng

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has had to leave earlier than their check-out day for whatever reasons. Is there a specific check-out procedure we have to comply with, or can we just leave the key card in the room, like at a hotel? I want to know in case we have to cut our vacation short.

kjd

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
On one occasion we checked out early at MGV after about four days (Disney overload) and I went to the front desk and got a copy of my bill. I did not want to pay for anyone's long distance phone calls or have disputed room charges on my bill.

They were no problems and the front desk clerks were very cooperative. (As usual with Marriott).

CMF

TUG Member
Reaction score
I left after two days once and gave the remaining days to a fellow Tugger. Just added their name to the reservation.

Charles

Latravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
We left Desert Springs Villas early once and it was absolutely no problem. We just checked out at the front desk.

Smooth Air

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have had to leave Ocean Pointe a few days b/f my scheduled check out. Make sure you tell the front desk not to leave your final bill on the door handle the way they usually do on the night b/f your scheduled checkout b/c it will sit there all day w/ your personal info hanging out there!

I did not tell them I was checking out early b/c if my flight had been cancelled( really bad weather at the time) or for some reason, I had to go back to Ocean Pointe I wanted to still have the condo. Anyway, the Manager told me that even if you tell them that you are checking out early they will not go in & clean your condo & re-use it b/c it is "deeded" to you for that week so it's yours whether you are there or not.

You can ask them to email you a copy of your final bill.

Smooth Air:cool:

lprstn

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I left early and there is nothing to worry about. I usually mention it when checking in.

falmouth3

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I often leave a little early. For my last trip to Hawaii, we took the red eye back so we checked out on Friday night instead of Saturday. No problems whatsoever.

Sue

SherryS

TUG Member
Reaction score
We checked out early this past May, from Outer Banks Beach Club, because my MIL fell and needed surgery. We just checked out at the front desk, no problem.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
We leave early a few times a year when we drive over to Branson for a long weekend. We have enough timeshare and bought larger units that L/O, anticipating needing the room as our children start having children of their own (still waiting on that one) and actually want to take vacation again. For now we use the L/O portions and exchange into Branson just to get away for a couple of days. We always take the keys back up to the front desk and officially check out. By doing this you can get a copy of your bill and acknowledgement of when you left. Keeps workers with keys from using/abusing the unit or it's amenities (as mentioned, long distance calls to home).

grest

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sure, we have had to do this on occasion...if we know someone who can use it, that's fine. If not, we just tell the resort we're leaving. No problem.
Connie

Steel5Rings

Reaction score
Never a problem leaving early.

We will often for go our final night and check out after diner so we can either drive or red eye fly home.

Just make sure you get your bill before you leave.

laxmom

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
Reaction score
We had to leave Surf Watch early for our stay in Feb. We just checked out with no problems just a concerned look from the front desk person that our stay was not satisfactory. After assuring them that this was not the case, all was well.