• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

any timeshare viewing offers in Kauai now?

dmharris

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

We will be in Kauai Oct 27 through Nov 6 and wondering if it would be worth our while to see any timeshare programs that might offer perks for attending. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Starwood has an offer for a $100 hotel GC if you do a preview with them.

Shell Vacation Club has discounts and freebies for activities.

Kauai Kid

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
The Point at Poipu has a $100 bonus for attending their high pressure sales pitch for points.

If you want to have your day ruined for $100 go for it.:mad:

Sterling

Dollie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Point at Po`ipu

We did the presentation at the Point at Po`ipu but instead of taking the $100 cash offer, we took the option to have $150 taken off our next year's maintenance fee. We also received a free 2-night stay at one of ten specified Sunterra resorts (there were more limiting factors on when you can use this offer but we have been able to work it into one of our future trips). Obviously the $150 off the maintenance fee is only for owners. I don't know if the free 2-night stay is also only for owners.

PS - there is nothing in the literature that says we have to attend a presentation when we are at our free stay.

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Shell Vacation Club has converted the Beachboy Hotel and is now selling timeshares. They offered me to pay for a compact rental car for the week. You are allowed to pay for an upgrade. I did not take the offer as I already had a car lined up.

Speaking of that, I used Alamo in Lihue last time. I received terrible service and ended up with a filthy old car. I could not exchange it, as I was told it was the last one left. :(

Kauai Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Alamo in Maui is great and sucks in Lihue. Thrifty is ok in Lihue but I had to buy a bottle of windex to clean the windshield so I could see the incredible beauty of Kauai.

Sterling

Kauai Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
We did the presentation at the Point at Po`ipu but instead of taking the $100 cash offer, we took the option to have $150 taken off our next year's maintenance fee. We also received a free 2-night stay at one of ten specified Sunterra resorts (there were more limiting factors on when you can use this offer but we have been able to work it into one of our future trips). Obviously the $150 off the maintenance fee is only for owners. I don't know if the free 2-night stay is also only for owners.

PS - there is nothing in the literature that says we have to attend a presentation when we are at our free stay.

I'm an owner too and got the $150 off the maintenance fee. The free gift was useless for us. I'm not going to Tahoe or Breckenridge for two nights. Glad you were able to work it into your schedule.

Sterling

dmharris

TUG Member
Reaction score
I get a great discount with National through my company, so that is who we're renting from. Hope I won't need glass cleaner!

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
It is funny you mention that. The first morning after being there, I walked out of my TS with two towels, one wet and one dry. My DW ask me what I was doing and I told her I was going to clean the windows.

My SIL rented a vehicle from National. They received their vehicle at least 20 minutes before I did, and it was immaculate. :D

Alamo in Maui is great and sucks in Lihue. Thrifty is ok in Lihue but I had to buy a bottle of windex to clean the windshield so I could see the incredible beauty of Kauai.

Sterling

Picker57

TUG Member
Reaction score
We've had consistently good luck with Hertz, arranged through AAA at home. The price was actually less on Kauai than on the Big Island last month.
-------Zach

Picker57

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think it depends on what sort of activities (for which discounts could be quite helpful - especially if you're with a large group) you have planned. If you've already done most of the costly activities, then it's debatable.

Beautiful island. Have fun.

----Zach

Last edited:

Kauai Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Zach: There were no discounts for any activities. Just the two night 3 day stay at some of their resorts.

Sterling