• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Any success on combining accounts recently?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
So this seems to blow the whole "we can't combine accounts" theory out of the water.

One other question, When you go to your StarOption summary, is there any message there in red about having separate memberships?

ShadowTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin, Hilton, Worldmark
One other question, When you go to your StarOption summary, is there any message there in red about having separate memberships?
No, nothing in red anywhere on the StarOptions summary page and it shows both contracts on the page with the various options for the various years for each contract with overall totals for each year at the bottom.

sponger76

TUG Member
Reaction score
So this seems to blow the whole "we can't combine accounts" theory out of the water.

It's not in red, but my summary page shows the following:
1681782275190.png

When I go to make a reservation and select to book using HomeOptions (I have both developer-purchased and resale Sheraton Flex) I get the following:
1681782565443.png

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I was trying to dig up the other example of a resale that was added to an account after 8/8. I beleive though that theirs was purchased prior to 8/9 but it just didn't complete until after. I don't think that owner was able to elect club points but their Owner Benefit Level went up. I thought it was @alexadeparis but I can't find it through numerous searches. This could be a case of bad Marriott IT allowing a post 8/8 resale week to be eligible. We had something similar back in 2010/2011 when they rolled out their DC program initially.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
It's not in red, but my summary page shows the following:
View attachment 75593

When I go to make a reservation and select to book using HomeOptions (I have both developer-purchased and resale Sheraton Flex) I get the following:
View attachment 75595
Thanks for posting this. I thought it was red. It has been a long time since I had this message on my account and couldn't dig anything up about it.

sponger76

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this. I thought it was red. It has been a long time since I had this message on my account and couldn't dig anything up about it.
No problem. I've got a whole different kind of mess going on, and I'm starting to wonder if it's ever going to be cleaned up.

ShadowTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin, Hilton, Worldmark
We had something similar back in 2010/2011 when they rolled out their DC program initially
Did Marriott try and go back and correct them or did they let them stay eligible? not sure why it went through, but the only thing that I can think of is since the seller bought directly from the developer, it would have been classified as a developer purchase at rollout and that did not change during the transfer process (I.e. we were the first resale buyer of this unit). Would the Developer Vs Resale classification show anywhere on the website?

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Did Marriott try and co back and correct them or did they let them stay eligible? not sure why it went through, but the only thing that I can think of is since the seller bought directly from the developer, it would have been classified as a developer purchase at rollout and that did not change during the transfer process (I.e. we were the first resale buyer of this unit). Would the Developer Vs Resale classification show anywhere on the website?
Marriott said they would unenroll those ineligble weeks, but they never did. I am not aware of a way to see on the website if it is developer or resale classified.

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I was trying to dig up the other example of a resale that was added to an account after 8/8. I beleive though that theirs was purchased prior to 8/9 but it just didn't complete until after. I don't think that owner was able to elect club points but their Owner Benefit Level went up. I thought it was @alexadeparis but I can't find it through numerous searches. This could be a case of bad Marriott IT allowing a post 8/8 resale week to be eligible. We had something similar back in 2010/2011 when they rolled out their DC program initially.
No it wasn’t me.

sponger76

TUG Member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, do you happen to know why you had that message and how it got fixed?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Out of curiosity, do you happen to know why you had that message and how it got fixed?
It happened after we had a new resale contract added to our account. From what I understand the issue related to one of two things. When Vistana transferred the week to us they assigned a new VSN membership number on the contract. Both contracts were in our account, but they had different membership numbers. The other possibility was that Vistana didn't update the VSN membership number associated with the contract to our number and it still had the old owner's membership number on it. Thus we had "StarOptions from your multiple club memberships". That is what the message stated. Back in those days you could call "Program Administration" directly and they knew right away how to fix it. One case they fixed it over the phone and in two others it took about a day to be fixed. These days we can no longer call "Program Administration" as all numbers now lead to generic owner services.

I think the suggestion now is if there are issues with merged/not merged contracts when you buy a new resale week is to simply reply to the email they send when they notify you of the transfer. Some people have had success getting that done.

shockdoct

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry to bring up an older thread from the graveyard.. but I have recently been trying to combine two resale Sheraton flex contracts that were closed in 2023 and figured I would add an updated experience.

I have called multiple times (including the cross trained agent helpline) and have multiple case numbers over the past couple of months.

Seems vistana is holding firm on the not combining separate resale accounts. While I am a little disappointed in the inability to combine...I would be willing to get creative..except there is a major systems issue for Vistana.

Unfortunately this "policy" conflicts with their own IT systems that automatically combine the points if you fill out your resale deed paperwork correctly.

Therefore when you "connect" your vistana account with your name ,social security, etc. ALL of your timeshare contracts are automatically imported. Users are unable to import select contracts one at a time. So users automatically end up with multiple VSN numbers under the same userid and the aforementioned error message when they attempt to book ANY reservation (including a 1 night in a hotel room):

We found more than one VSN membership for you, please call for assistance and provide Result ID XXXXX

Since they refuse to link the accounts on the back end and I am have been told by multiple agents that they are not aware of "splitting" an account...I am very curious how they plan to align their systems with this new policy.

If anyone has had luck with this activity, feel free to reply!

sponger76

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry to bring up an older thread from the graveyard.. but I have recently been trying to combine two resale Sheraton flex contracts that were closed in 2023 and figured I would add an updated experience.

I have called multiple times (including the cross trained agent helpline) and have multiple case numbers over the past couple of months.

Seems vistana is holding firm on the not combining separate resale accounts. While I am a little disappointed in the inability to combine...I would be willing to get creative..except there is a major systems issue for Vistana.

Unfortunately this "policy" conflicts with their own IT systems that automatically combine the points if you fill out your resale deed paperwork correctly.

Therefore when you "connect" your vistana account with your name ,social security, etc. ALL of your timeshare contracts are automatically imported. Users are unable to import select contracts one at a time. So users automatically end up with multiple VSN numbers under the same userid and the aforementioned error message when they attempt to book ANY reservation (including a 1 night in a hotel room):

We found more than one VSN membership for you, please call for assistance and provide Result ID XXXXX

Since they refuse to link the accounts on the back end and I am have been told by multiple agents that they are not aware of "splitting" an account...I am very curious how they plan to align their systems with this new policy.

My first VOI was retail, then I purchased two resale VOIs and subsequently ran into the same issue as you. My issue eventually got fixed when I purchased a retail Westin Aventuras contract to enroll my two resales. I didn't buy specifically to try to fix that problem, and I don't recommend that anyone do so simply to fix that type of issue, but it did end up having that effect. Of course, I was also constantly emailing Customer Advocacy and calling Owner Services, so that might have eventually helped too, but I had been emailing/calling for a couple of months, and it finally resolved shortly after I made my additional enrollment purchase.

shockdoct

TUG Member
Reaction score
My first VOI was retail, then I purchased two resale VOIs and subsequently ran into the same issue as you. My issue eventually got fixed when I purchased a retail Westin Aventuras contract to enroll my two resales. I didn't buy specifically to try to fix that problem, and I don't recommend that anyone do so simply to fix that type of issue, but it did end up having that effect. Of course, I was also constantly emailing Customer Advocacy and calling Owner Services, so that might have eventually helped too, but I had been emailing/calling for a couple of months, and it finally resolved shortly after I made my additional enrollment purchase.
Yeah I won't be giving into vistana and purchasing any additional points.

We plan to use the timeshare for trips primarily at steamboat, so I can make do with using the our two intervals separately.

But while I can see the search the inventory..I can't actually book anything which is rather frustrating.

sponger76

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeah I won't be giving into vistana and purchasing any additional points.

We plan to use the timeshare for trips primarily at steamboat, so I can make do with using the our two intervals separately.

But while I can see the search the inventory..I can't actually book anything which is rather frustrating.
Yeah, I know that frustration from experience. In those instances you may want to use the chat function to have an Owner Services rep finish the bookings for you. Just give them the result ID from the error message and they can take it from there.

Steamboat is actually the primary resort I like to use my options at as well. I have three reservations there for Thanksgiving week for friends and family, and another for next year during 4th of July week.

Red elephant

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ
Harborside
Nanea
SDO
SVV
SBP

I bought 2 Vistana resales separately and each one was placed in my existing account.

shockdoct

TUG Member
Reaction score
I bought 2 Vistana resales separately and each one was placed in my existing account.
Good to know.

I was using a family members account/unit the last couple of years. So my account was created net new this year originally with a resale contract and then this whole issue came about when the second resale conteact was added. Perhaps that is why I am struggling.

DanCali

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana, Marriott, DVC

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Was this recently?
And were they mandatory or voluntary. One can have all the mandatory resorts under the same login ID (possibly), but sometimes there are still issues with combining the StarOptions.

Red elephant

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ
Harborside
Nanea
SDO
SVV
SBP
And were they mandatory or voluntary. One can have all the mandatory resorts under the same login ID (possibly), but sometimes there are still issues with combining the StarOptions.
No these were voluntary