• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Amex Aspire resort credit: how did your qualifying charge post?

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Lagoon, W57th, MarBrisa, Paradise
Mine says "Hilton GV HVVS HOA Honolulu" for Lagoon and no credit was given.

Is there another way it could have been charged which results in creditt automatically?

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at Boulevard and Craigendarroch Lodges
How long ago did you pay it?

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It may take longer. Let me check my account to see how long it took last year

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: W. 57th, Vegas Strip
DVC: Boardwalk Villas, Beach Club villas
LV Boulevard posted as "Hilton Las Vegas HOA." Charge posted 1/7. Credit ($52.25 as I had spent real resort money at KL in November) posted on 1/11. Mrs. brp got her $250 for Boulevard about the same time.

Cheers.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
1675548975502.png

5 days to post credit.

AFAIK they need to be listed on this page to qualify....

Eggrollcreative

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacations Elara, Worldmark, Seagull Beach Club, Vacation Internationale
You have to charge it to your room, and the aspire card needs to be on file with the resort. And it has to be a resort on the list, see the link above.

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
resort is on list and well established that they qualify. the charge was for MFs also well established to qualify. no credit.

i will chat them.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You have to charge it to your room, and the aspire card needs to be on file with the resort. And it has to be a resort on the list, see the link above.
Buying a new week or paying MFs for some properties also triggers the $250 credit. For example, our Craigendarroch Lodges do.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Is there another way it could have been charged which results in creditt automatically?
I wonder if it is the way they have it listed. It is on the Hilton page but shown as HGV at HHV. For our Craigendarroch Lodges it is listed at Hilton Grand Vacation Watford GB and it took 5 days to get the credit, so you might need to call them. Also, is Lagoon Tower on @Nowaker's list?

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Was it a 14x transaction? If it wasn't then the system didn't recognize it as Hilton. If it did, then it should have credited you the resort credit.

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
chat says wait 8-12 weeks, and that is what the terms say. so I guess I'll be back in May :oops:

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
interesting the difference in what other have experienced and myself...5 days for us but it is what it is.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
chat says wait 8-12 weeks, and that is what the terms say. so I guess I'll be back in May :oops:

One year (her first with Aspire, I think) she had this issue. When she called, they did mentioned the "8-12 week" thing, so they seem to be sticklerish about it. Since then hers have posted promptly.

Cheers.

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm back. predictably the credits never showed up.

on my card, a brief chat and the agent gave me credit.

my wife's card is giving us a really hard time, first claiming the resort is not eligible. now demanding to know what we spent on - "drinks, resort fee?" I mean wth? is this in the T&Cs? Maybe I rented 100 adult movies or maybe it's none of their business. it's at an eligible resort.

I finally explained it's for our annual fee. she's playing dumb, "what is that?" and now saying those are not eligible.

really disappointing. stupid card that i have to beg for every credit anyway (airline, resort). i'm sure when i try to use my free night they'll tell me 100 reasons I can't.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm back. predictably the credits never showed up.

on my card, a brief chat and the agent gave me credit.

my wife's card is giving us a really hard time, first claiming the resort is not eligible. now demanding to know what we spent on - "drinks, resort fee?" I mean wth? is this in the T&Cs? Maybe I rented 100 adult movies or maybe it's none of their business. it's at an eligible resort.

I finally explained it's for our annual fee. she's playing dumb, "what is that?" and now saying those are not eligible.

really disappointing. stupid card that i have to beg for every credit anyway (airline, resort). i'm sure when i try to use my free night they'll tell me 100 reasons I can't.
Which property? Our Craig Lodges showed up automatically for MFs/purchase

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Hawaiian Village

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
We've had issues with monthly AMEX credit such as Bonvoy Brilliant meal credits. You need to check up on AMEX offers.

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
compared to my CSR it's customer service is laughable. premium price point but not premium service. I have never felt more small than begging Amex for each credit which should be automatic.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We've had issues with monthly AMEX credit such as Bonvoy Brilliant meal credits. You need to check up on AMEX offers.
So far that one has been reliable for me. Sometimes delayed more than I'd expect. But reliable.

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
so wife called in and begged her way into the resort credit. before the csr relented, she had insisted that the charge needed to be "itemized". she claimed room charges would show precise detailed charges like for a restaurant, spa treatment, etc.

is that correct? for example, if you charge parking, a restaurant, three drinks, and a spa treatment to your room (not the card) and then settle the bill on checkout and pay with your Amex, do each of those charges appear separately on your statement?

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
so wife called in and begged her way into the resort credit. before the csr relented, she had insisted that the charge needed to be "itemized". she claimed room charges would show precise detailed charges like for a restaurant, spa treatment, etc.

is that correct? for example, if you charge parking, a restaurant, three drinks, and a spa treatment to your room (not the card) and then settle the bill on checkout and pay with your Amex, do each of those charges appear separately on your statement?
I have never heard that. From my observation, it is just how it comes up on the bill, i.e. the Hilton resort, kind of like Delta seat upgrades get credited. It doesn't say "seat upgrade" on the charge. I still think it is something with the way HHV is being listed. The way it is on the bill, Hilton GV HVVS HOA Honolulu, may be the issue since it says "HOA". For our Craig purchase and deed it is listed as the resort, not the HOA. Below, the top was MF and the bottom was the purchase of the week. I wonder if starting a new TUG topic with the question about HHV specifically to find out if others have had issues there.

1683011817378.png