• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 31 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 31st Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Airplane Flights Had Covid In Their Wastewater

Status
Not open for further replies.

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
If you're going to fly to travel, it's a good idea to wear a high quality mask.

Also, I recently learned that a lot of people assume bathrooms are sort of Covid-safe because they are thinking about proximity to other people and in restrooms you are very often at least 6 feet away from others. But the 6 feet rule never made a lot of sense and isn't particularly protective. We need to think about Covid like smoke, it lingers in the air whether or not anyone is near it when we come into it. Or, for bathrooms think of it like a fart.
And speaking of farts, bathrooms have the issue of fecal plume, which can spread Covid. So... yeah, keep your mask on in public restrooms.

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Or if we just recovered from covid recently we have very strong natural immunity, so masking is an option to consider or not. Y MMV.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
My daughter & SIL were both really sick with covid on the flights from Amsterdam to LAX. They both started with symptoms during the flight. They also flew from Munich to Amsterdam. Just think of how many people were exposed. They dug out their masks on the flight - cloth masks - so not too effective, if at all but really felt bad that they were so sick and probably getting the people around them sick as well.

Hey, if you want to roll the dice, go for it. Me, I'd like to not get that sick again (my August infection caused weird RA flares in the connective tissues in my chest wall - painful and not fun at all). I am sure that there are covid exposures on a lot of daily flights. Some people have their reasons why they will mask up.

Carolinian

TUG Member
Reaction score
Another thing to remember is that you can now find the more effective N95 masks again. These were hard to come by during the height of the pandemic. Medical demand was huge, and many medical practices often could not even get them. My eye doctor was unable to source them for months. Now, you can even find racks of them in home improvement stores like Lowes.

The N95s have much better filtration properties than the surgical masks and KN95s, and the have a tight seal around the face, which the surgical masks lack. The KN95s also have the tight seal around the face, but their filtration properties are as weak as those of the surgical masks. The surgical masks were designed to prevent bacteria from the mouths of surgeons from falling into open incisions of a patient, and bacteria particles are much larger than the aerosols that are the primary method of airborn transmission of viruses.

If one is going to mask up, it is foolish to do so with anything less than an N95, particularly now that you can find them again.

Tia

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just returned from vacation and saw very few masks in the airport/flights , fewer N95 types. The St Thomas airport while waiting for our flight where they want you there 3 hours ahead then the post TSA & Customs was packed like sardines. Ladies restroom had a line of at least 25 at one point. Not near enough seating for flights leaving on a weekend, standing room only. I talked to a lady who was standing while we waiting for our flight to DFW. She was returning to San Diego, she wore no mask in the boarding area. She and her spouse had put on cloth masks when I next saw them boarding the airplane and sat in the row in front of us. She had a infrequent moist cough on the 5+ hour flight. I'm hoping for the best. Years ago I wouldn't of thought much about it...

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
Or if we just recovered from covid recently we have very strong natural immunity, so masking is an option to consider or not. Y MMV.
You maybe immuned, but last I read, you can ask pass the crap to others

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
Another thing to remember is that you can now find the more effective N95 masks again. These were hard to come by during the height of the pandemic. Medical demand was huge, and many medical practices often could not even get them. My eye doctor was unable to source them for months. Now, you can even find racks of them in home improvement stores like Lowes.

The N95s have much better filtration properties than the surgical masks and KN95s, and the have a tight seal around the face, which the surgical masks lack. The KN95s also have the tight seal around the face, but their filtration properties are as weak as those of the surgical masks. The surgical masks were designed to prevent bacteria from the mouths of surgeons from falling into open incisions of a patient, and bacteria particles are much larger than the aerosols that are the primary method of airborn transmission of viruses.

If one is going to mask up, it is foolish to do so with anything less than an N95, particularly now that you can find them again.

Going on our first transcontinental flight next month. We'll be sure to mask up in crowded, enclosed areas. Don't want to catch anything and don't want to be part of the spreading.

Reaction score
Back when Covid19 was running rampant and no one was immune, here in Central Florida, water managers decided to check the wastewater. They found the viruses floating around. They notified the NIH and CDC. Transmission by feces and urine are rare, since we usually send those bodily excrements into the sewers. But, it proved more people were unaware they were infected.

TS

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
We just recently flew Vegas to New Orleans and back wearing N95s or KF94s on the plane and through the airports. We've been back long enough without symptoms and we've tested too... no Covid for us. Our entire trip was Covid-free.

Tia

TUG Member
Reaction score
Below was a week ago Saturday. This last Tuesday in the afternoon started with a very dry throat and just didn't generally feel well. I started zinc drops and a couple other homeopathic things . Finally Friday evening felt back to normal. So whatever it was she had believe I got due to the timing.

We just returned from vacation and saw very few masks in the airport/flights , fewer N95 types. The St Thomas airport while waiting for our flight where they want you there 3 hours ahead then the post TSA & Customs was packed like sardines. Ladies restroom had a line of at least 25 at one point. Not near enough seating for flights leaving on a weekend, standing room only. I talked to a lady who was standing while we waiting for our flight to DFW. She was returning to San Diego, she wore no mask in the boarding area. She and her spouse had put on cloth masks when I next saw them boarding the airplane and sat in the row in front of us. She had a infrequent moist cough on the 5+ hour flight. I'm hoping for the best. Years ago I wouldn't of thought much about it...

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
For those who traveled last week, or are traveling this week i noticed only one family wore masks at the airport and and on our plane back from ST Petes beach Saturday. Has this been anyone else's experience last week for spring break travel/vacation. It seems we may finally be at the end of covid! Hurray. :cool:

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Today at the Old Folks Home the staff gets to be mask free for the first time in three years. It will be nice to see their smiling faces, particularly in the dining rooms!

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
It seems we may finally be at the end of covid! Hurray. :cool:

I know three people currently at home sick with COVID.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BC & SSR, Marriott GV+MVC Pts, WKORV & SVV, HGVC Flamingo
Original Covid does appear to have gone away, however the less lethal variants are still here and will continue indefinitely...

"Mortality rates were 0.7% for Delta, 0.4% for the original Omicron variant, and 0.3% for Omicron BA. 2. After adjustments, the odds of death were more than 2-times higher for the Delta and the original Omicron variant compared with Omicron BA." JAMA Oct 2022

For comparison, Seasonal Flu is 0.5% to <0.1% depending on age (like Covid) and vaccination effectiveness for that year. Measles (unvaccinated) 1% to 3%. per Wikipedia.

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I know three people currently at home sick with COVID.

0nly three, thats probably pretty low considering how many people you come in contact with on a daily basis. Hope they get better real soon.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
0nly three, thats probably pretty low considering how many people you come in contact with on a daily basis. Hope they get better real soon.

You just keep posting that it’s over and you’ve always been wrong. That is the point of my post.

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Our nursing home also dropped the mask requirement. It is so refreshing to see people’s faces. The pandemic is over, folks. Illness will always be with us.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim) NEW: 2 Lawa'i Beach Resort!
Closed: This topic has been exhausted, and the usual suspects are posting info that does not comply with this forum's rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.