• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Adding RCI Points to FF/RCI account?

Pit

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not sure the best way to phrase this question, but is it possible to have a FF/RCI account and deposit both RCI Points and FF Points for exchanges? In other words, is it possible to "upgrade" the RCI Weeks account one gets with FSP fees to also use with an RCI Points resort and/or PFD? The objective would be to avoid two seperate RCI accounts.

Conan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Fairfield PSP points can be deposited into the RCI Weeks system and thereby exchanged for RCI Weeks reservations (which is why Fairfield PSP membership comes bundled with RCI Weeks membership).

And RCI points can be traded directly for RCI Weeks reservations (which is why RCI points membership comes bundled with RCI Weeks membership).

Does a person who owns both Fairfield PSP points and RCI points properties need two RCI Weeks accounts? No - - you only need (and you only get) one.

Pit

TUG Member
Reaction score
rklein001 said:
Does a person who owns both Fairfield PSP points and RCI points properties need two RCI Weeks accounts? No - - you only need (and you only get) one.

THanks. Just to make sure I understand.... If I own points with FF, I have an RCI Weeks account paid through FF FairShare Plus fees. If I then purchase an RCI Points property, RCI will change my Weeks account to a Weeks + Points account and add the Points property. I can then transact weeks-for-weeks, points-for-weeks, and straight points exchanges from one RCI account. Is that correct?

Is there is a fee for adding a Points property to an existing Weeks account (and thereby converting it to a Points account) in this manner?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you are FF's point owner, you can not transfer the week deposit by FF to RCI points. You have to joint FF's Plus Partner if you want to use FF's point on RCI point resort. But that can not be mixed with other RCI points if you have a RCI point resort. Yes, you can only keep one week account and that will be paid by FSP

Jya-Ning

Pit

TUG Member
Reaction score
I appreciate the help, but let me try this question another way....

A FF RCI account is a Weeks account. By RCI definition, a Weeks account does not include a Points account, but a Points account does include a Weeks account.

So, if I have an RCI Points property and FF pts, do I have to keep a seperate RCI Points account (at $99/yr)? Or, can the RCI Points account be joined with the FF RCI Weeks account to create one RCI Points account (paid by FSP)?

In other words, can I roll a FF UDI property and an RCI Points property into one RCI account (which would have to be a Points account, even though the FSP pts could only be used on the Weeks side of the Points account)? Would the FF FSP fees pay for this Points account?

Whew. :eek: Is this making any sense?

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Reaction score
FSP fee only covers the week account unless you also have PP account. Even if you don't want to have it. I have not hear anyone negotiates not to have FF covers its RCI week account in exchange to reduce their membership fee. I also did not hear anyone opt to not have "free" week account with their point account in exchange lower point membership fee. Would be interest if someone actually did this successfully.

Jya-Ning

jrv331

TUG Member
Reaction score
Pit,
Depending on how you buy your FF points you will get a RCI weeks account. But for $2395 you can "upgrade" your points to Plus Partners. This opens you up to the RCI points side of things, you can book nightly stays instead of a full week at locations. From what Ive been told theres not much difference between Plus Partners and RCI points.
John

Pit

TUG Member
Reaction score
jrv331 said:
Pit,
Depending on how you buy your FF points you will get a RCI weeks account. But for $2395 you can "upgrade" your points to Plus Partners. This opens you up to the RCI points side of things, you can book nightly stays instead of a full week at locations. From what Ive been told theres not much difference between Plus Partners and RCI points.
John

John

Thanks. I'm aware of Plus Partners, but for less than $2395, I can buy a Points T/S and actually get something for my money. I was just wondering if I need to maintain the Points points in a seperate Points account, or if I could enjoin the Points account with a FF Weeks account (to avoid paying for two RCI accounts). Its all rather convoluted, so I've asked Madge to comment.

Pit

TUG Member
Reaction score
You have to maintain a separate Points account. Final answer.

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff
Pit said:
You have to maintain a separate Points account. Final answer.

the seperate ponits account will also have diferent trade power/ quality rating on the weeks side than the ff weeks acount.

Pit

TUG Member
Reaction score
jjking42 said:
the seperate ponits account will also have diferent trade power/ quality rating on the weeks side than the ff weeks acount.

How does the trade power of the two weeks accounts compare? Which has better TP?

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff
Pit said:
How does the trade power of the two weeks accounts compare? Which has better TP?

on will have the quality level assosiated with fairfield and the rci points account will have the qulaity rateing associated with the points home resort. this will probably only come in to effect on the weeks side of a points account.