• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 31 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 31st Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

4th of July Darwin Award Winner

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
A South Carolina father was killed Thursday after he placed a lit firework on top of his head moments before it exploded, officials and family reportedly said. Allen Ray McGrew, 41, was putting on a … View the article. https://flip.it/KB-7ta View the article + more on Flipboard. https://flip.it/sUWGZe Find your favorite topics on Flipboard. Download here. https://flip.it/q2c-.t

Too late, he already fathered children, thereby preserving his genes for the future.

jp10558

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Seaworld
Wyndham Smoky Mountains
Foxrun Lake Lure
Drinking a lot, and stupid I guess. Once I light a firework, I'm out of there!

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
We use to buy our fireworks from lefty. He had an eye patch and was missing three fingers on his right hand.

Bill

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I saw a news report on YouTube about this. Certainly alcohol was a big factor. There must not have been a sober person there to tell him no.

RX8

Timeshare Scam Investigator
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
A sad situation for the family. Apparently, they didn’t learn from last years fiasco.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Dumb/Stupid history repeat itself in this family. Why?

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
After 40+ years of T/S ownership, I am no longer "an owner"
Holy cow . . . what an idiot!

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Sad for their kids who will be left without a father.

x3 skier

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
I’m sure just before this he said “Hold my beer and watch this”.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
No need to joke about a real death. Not cool.

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)

Heartbreaking final words of patriotic father moments before he died after putting lit firework on his head​

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
How long before the wife files a lawsuit against the fireworks manufacturer, seller, etc.? :mad:

Kurt

joestein

TUG Member
Reaction score
A sad situation for the family. Apparently, they didn’t learn from last years fiasco.

That looks like a mortar that didn't launch correctly. Those can be pretty dangerous.

When I was a kid, growing up in Howard Beach, Queens - which was where John Gotti and much of the mob lived, it was like a warzone on 4th of July.

Every block had fires going in middle of the street fueled by gasoline, in which people would throw mats of firecrackers or jumping jacks into. One home had a large plastic garbage pail with a huge mortar tube in concrete. This wasn't like the small ones people buy at the firework stores, the shells were huge, like the size of a ham.

My friends and I were watching the display at this house and one of the mortar shells must have been defective, it came out of the tub slowly and stopped about 5 or 10 ft above the ground and fell and then exploded like 30 seconds later. The moment that shell hit the ground we ran - we felt the explosion almost a block away. I think a bunch of windows in cars and houses were broken.

Meanwhile... we were upset because our parents weren't "cool" and didn't buy any fireworks - how little we knew.