• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2023 ] Redweek- Limited Usefullness?

4TimeAway

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbrisa, Kohala
I've signed up for Redweek, but am HGVC and don't see value in it.

Am I missing something?

grupp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Redweek is a listing website where you buy, sell or rent timeshares. If you are not looking any of those things, there would be no value for you.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
I've signed up for Redweek, but am HGVC and don't see value in it.

Am I missing something?
What were you hoping/expecting it would do for you?

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Redweek is a listing website where you buy, sell or rent timeshares. If you are not looking for any of those things, there would be no value for you.

Agreed. I would point out that in my experience RedWeek is actually an excellent, maybe even the best, site on which to advertise (or find) timeshare weeks for rent.
On those occasions when we can't use our weeks and have advertised them for rent on RedWeek, we have always had 100% success, without exception. YMMV.

Last edited:

4TimeAway

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbrisa, Kohala
What were you hoping/expecting it would do for you?
I can see the value as a seller and listing a rental. I can also see that for non-owners it’s a good resource. I suppose those are the main thing it does. I’m not wanting to deal with that right now.

When I was looking to buy, I thought it would be helpful. I found more premium listings through a realtor and the pricing seemed better. The system, RCI and II seem like better options for owners to pick up extra weeks without the additional work. Also, TUG has more deals or at least realistic prices than Red Week.

I guess I was thinking there would be more deals on Red Week and was quite excited by it, but I have enough points and access to time that I don’t see the need to keep Red Week right now. Just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing anything.

The Colorado Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Riverfront
Christie Lodge
Apollo Park
Grand Timber Lodge
Indian Palms
Massanutten
Park Regency
Valdoro Mountain Lodge
Marriott Surfwatch
@4TimeAway "When I was looking to buy, I thought it would be helpful. I found more premium listings through a realtor and the pricing seemed better. "
I have NEVER found this to be the case that premium resale listings thru a realtor had better pricing than Redweek.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
I renewed my RedWeek subscription as part of the cyber monday sale (was not sure if I would or not, otherwise). I have been trying to rent a week 52 at Massanutten's Mountainside Villas this year and not had much luck. I am one of three of those weeks listed, have the lowest price, and am the only one verified and insured. In a few days I will pull the plug and deposit in RCI.

I also listed it on TUG2.com, which got me the same result (thus far) at a lower price.

Observation: I don't think a week 52 this year with a Sunday check-in is all that appealing this year. It has a NYE check-in and only overlaps with one day local schools have off. Hoping for better luck next time.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I signed up with the $9.99 cyber Monday deal or whatever deal it was called. I probably won't use it to buy, sell or rent. Though I do like the ability to see full listing information in the event I want to check something out. I know it is only another nine bucks but I probably wouldn't pay full price for the membership.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
We used it this year to sell a VOI and purchased another at a different resort.

Although I do not have immediate plans, I am still on the lookout for a unicorn at one resort to buy. The site sends me alerts of new postings.

I also like to keep tabs on comps for resorts that I own.

I would never pay full price but ok at BF discount.

Last edited:

grupp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I renewed my RedWeek subscription as part of the cyber monday sale (was not sure if I would or not, otherwise). I have been trying to rent a week 52 at Mountainside Villas this year and not had much luck. I am one of three of those weeks listed, have the lowest price, and am the only one verified and insured. In a few days I will pull the plug and deposit in RCI.

I also listed it on TUG2.com, which got me the same result (thus far) at a lower price.

Observation: I don't think a week 52 this year with a Sunday check-in is all that appealing this year. It has a NYE check-in and only overlaps with one day local schools have off. Hoping for better luck next time.
Redweek does not work for every resort. Sometimes people are mislead into thinking that when there are only a handful of listings at a particular resort it is a good thing since there is not much competition for them renting their week. The reality is there are few listings due to the fact there is not a market for that resort on Redweek and very few if anyone is actually on there looking to rent at that resort. It is not a reflection on the quality of the resort or the the week itself, it is just the way it is for some resorts.

4TimeAway

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbrisa, Kohala
I have NEVER found this to be the case that premium resale listings thru a realtor had better pricing than Redweek.
I used it a fishing hole to find something. Most of what I found was realtor listings. I probably could have changed my search and had different results.

Its not bad, just not a bargain place to me. Also, once you have what you want and need, I don't see buying and selling as much fun. :)

Now going places... That works for me.
10 days to Cabo Azul. Not that I'm counting...

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
I can see the value as a seller and listing a rental. I can also see that for non-owners it’s a good resource. I suppose those are the main thing it does. I’m not wanting to deal with that right now.

When I was looking to buy, I thought it would be helpful. I found more premium listings through a realtor and the pricing seemed better. The system, RCI and II seem like better options for owners to pick up extra weeks without the additional work. Also, TUG has more deals or at least realistic prices than Red Week.

I guess I was thinking there would be more deals on Red Week and was quite excited by it, but I have enough points and access to time that I don’t see the need to keep Red Week right now. Just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing anything.
Our experience has been different. We bought a TS there for $500 that we couldn't find elsewhere. Also, we have rented weeks there to high end Marriotts at competitive prices to supplement our owner based vacations. Lots of people here use RW for varying reasons.

If you don't find it useful for your needs no reason to pay for membership.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
When it comes time to sell, you will appreciate Redweek because you can use their Full Service broker assisted sales for a fraction of what brokers charge. $450 RW full service vs. $1500 broker.

If you have a high demand property you can DIY yourself with Redweek Verified. We did this and saved $1500 in brokers fees and used LT Transfers (paid by the buyer as closing costs for about $450) as a safe 3rd party for the paperwork. Why pay $1500 for a broker to list on Redweek when you can do it yourself?

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Can you find good week to rent from Redweek.com for under $600.00 dollars?

iftravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - Hilton Head
The Colonies at Williamsburg
When it comes time to sell, you will appreciate Redweek because you can use their Full Service broker assisted sales for a fraction of what brokers charge. $450 RW full service vs. $1500 broker.

If you have a high demand property you can DIY yourself with Redweek Verified. We did this and saved $1500 in brokers fees and used LT Transfers (paid by the buyer as closing costs for about $450) as a safe 3rd party for the paperwork. Why pay $1500 for a broker to list on Redweek when you can do it yourself?
Redweek’s deed only closing is only $375 last time they quoted me. It might even beat LT. Is it true that Seller only pays RedWeek $450 for full service (so they handle all communication and documentation)? I mean it’s not much at all.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
I believe the paperwork processing is beyond that fee. The buyer typically pays for paperwork, not the seller unless they are selling a really hard to sell deed.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Redweek’s deed only closing is only $375 last time they quoted me. It might even beat LT. Is it true that Seller only pays RedWeek $450 for full service (so they handle all communication and documentation)? I mean it’s not much at all.
https://www.redweek.com/sell-my-timeshare
per this it is $125 upfront for listing a full service and then 3% or $899 (whichever is higher) when the sale is completed. That is not including the cost of the closing which it is assumed the buyer will pay.

How much are closing costs?
Closing costs will vary by closing company, sale price, and timeshare interval being sold. There are many variables that determine closing costs, including: closing company fees, title transfer fee, attorney fees (if any), estoppel fees, and notary fees (if any). If you use our full-service option, your assigned broker will be able to quote closing costs as part of the sale process.

iftravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - Hilton Head
The Colonies at Williamsburg
https://www.redweek.com/sell-my-timeshare
per this it is $125 upfront for listing a full service and then 3% or $899 (whichever is higher) when the sale is completed. That is not including the cost of the closing which it is assumed the buyer will pay.

How much are closing costs?
Closing costs will vary by closing company, sale price, and timeshare interval being sold. There are many variables that determine closing costs, including: closing company fees, title transfer fee, attorney fees (if any), estoppel fees, and notary fees (if any). If you use our full-service option, your assigned broker will be able to quote closing costs as part of the sale process.
That makes more sense. So a bit over $1000, not $450 for RW to do a full service listing.