• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 31 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 31st Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

2023 Quarter 1 investors transcript

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Read the transcript for the 2023 quarter 2 investor call transcript. Overall, HGV is doing well and that’s a good thing for us owners.

• HGV continues to make more than they did in 2019
  • 90,000 Max members. Seems like they are close to doubling every half year. I believe there was a little under 50,000 after quarter 3 of 2022.
  • There are now 519,000 total members in HGV/HVC/bHC/Max
  • They seem to be better than their competitors with your packages.
  • The majority of their packages come from their relationship with Hilton Hotels
  • There are now 22 total former DRI properties that have been converted to HVC with 11 more expected by the end of the year
  • Rentals from the HVC properties have skyrocketed.
  • Mentioned a wobble with a competitor in late March, not sure what that was. Also mentioned something similar with HGV and I’m not sure about that either
  • Was asked about more consolidation with other systems. Mark Wang said they are always looking but there isn’t much out there like the DRI purchase

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Rentals from the HVC properties have skyrocketed.
Thanks for posting this. I suspect rebranding to Hilton has allowed them to now list them for rent on Hilton.com, thus a lot more rentals. DRI didn't have a branded outlet to rent these resorts.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for posting this. I suspect rebranding to Hilton has allowed them to now list them for rent on Hilton.com, thus a lot more rentals. DRI didn't have a branded outlet to rent these resorts.
It does. Only rebranded properties can be listed for rental on the Hilton website. The rebranded the best properties 1st.

Additionally, the HVC properties generally have lower rates, sometimes a third less.

Last edited:

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
  • Was asked about more consolidation with other systems. Mark Wang said they are always looking but there isn’t much out there like the DRI purchase
Good.
I'd hate to face more confusing nomenclature,
or deal with another iteration of Max - Max 2.0.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Good.
I'd hate to face more confusing nomenclature,
or deal with another iteration of Max - Max 2.0.

I think they would name it Maxx. 2 x’s signifies that it’s an even maxier Max thus you should want it even more (and pay even more).

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I think they would name it Maxx. 2 x’s signifies that it’s an even maxier Max thus you should want it even more (and pay even more).
They couldn't use Maxxx as the 3 xs would make it adult only. Actually, they could use that and some would like it....

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Max to the Maxx! (Yet another way to part unsuspecting owners from their hard earned money.) ROFL

Seriously, its good that HGVC is doing well. If not they would be coming after resale buyers and reducing quality.

weems637

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton HGVC Tuscany
Hurricane House in Sanibel Island (managed by Hilton
Wyndham Cypress Palms
Wyndham Glades
Club Wyndham Access
Its going to be interesting to see the impact on sales once the boys in the suits try to up sale all the owners that bought into MAX and its 6 month reservation window. Let the #$%@ screaming at the presentations begin!!!

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
90,000 Max members. Seems like they are close to doubling every half year. I believe there was a little under 50,000 after quarter 3 of 2022.
Seems like this would include both new and current (upgrades) customers. I would what the breakdown is.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Seems like this would include both new and current (upgrades) customers. I would what the breakdown is.
This was my impression as well. They did not break down the difference between upgraded HGVC and DRI members either. I am curious what those are. I know last fall it was only about 1,900 of the 50,000 Max members that came from DRI. Maybe @youppi has some up to date numbers.

ernststarhemberg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Glad it's doing well. I foresee more consolidation in the timeshare industry in the coming years. Am genuinely curious how well they (and TS owners) get through the impending economic downturn.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Since all new purchases automatically come with Max, couldn't you just extrapolate those numbers by looking at the total membership growth?

Kurt