• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

2022 has 53 weeks?

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Hi I just realized This year 2022 has 53 weeks? So that moves our check in dates a week later next year? I have week 10 that checked in March 5-12 , 2022. So in 2023 it will be March 11-18. Saturday check in. Is this correct.?Just making sure if I do an exchange want to have the dates correct.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
I think that is correct but only for Sunday start weeks. Week 53 would start December 31, 2023. Friday and Saturday starts have fifty-two.

I own a Week 52 at Quarter House in New Orleans and have access to a Week 53 when there is one. However, in Quarter House's scheme of things, Week 52 is Sugar Bowl Week so when there is a Week 53, it precedes Week 52. In 2021, Week 53 was December 24-31 and Week 52 was December 31-January 7. I rented the two weeks together -- nobody in New Orleans wants to check out the morning of December 31!

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
I think that is correct but only for Sunday start weeks. Week 53 would start December 31, 2023. Friday and Saturday starts have fifty-two.

I own a Week 52 at Quarter House in New Orleans and have access to a Week 53 when there is one. However, in Quarter House's scheme of things, Week 52 is Sugar Bowl Week so when there is a Week 53, it precedes Week 52. In 2021, Week 53 was December 24-31 and Week 52 was December 31-January 7. I rented the two weeks together -- nobody in New Orleans wants to check out the morning of December 31!
first week in 2023 starts Saturday January 7, 2024 Is that correct?

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
first week in 2023 starts Saturday January 7, 2024 Is that correct?
Some resorts "regularize" their calendars so that check in January 6 (Fri), 7 (Sat) and 8 (Sun) would all be week 1. At most resorts Jan 6, 7, and 1 would be week 1.

If I don't have dates given to me online I call the resort to double check the dates for my check in.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
I own a week 52 at The Charter Club on Marco Island (a HGVC property), and I get the extra week this year for just the nominal cleaning cost, which I think is around $150. But that also means that my fixed ski week 3 in January at Valdoro, which usually includes the MLK holiday, does not and is a week later.

Kurt

swditz

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
westgate palace wk 52
briarwood cape cod wk 30
surfside cape cod wk 41
falls at Ogunquit wk 21
discovery beach wk 7
captains quarters wk 38
65000 inn season points
Hi I just realized This year 2022 has 53 weeks? So that moves our check in dates a week later next year? I have week 10 that checked in March 5-12 , 2022. So in 2023 it will be March 11-18. Saturday check in. Is this correct.?Just making sure if I do an exchange want to have the dates correct.
Should Definatly check your specific resort calendar to be sure. My Saturday check in resort weeks were not the same as my Friday check in weeks in 22 but seem to align again in 23

Last edited:

BM243923

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort-Weeks 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9
Week 1 2023 Friday check in Jan 6/2023
Week 1 2023 Saturday check in Jan 7/2023
Week 1 2023 Sunday check in Jan 1/2023

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
Week 1 2023 Friday check in Jan 6/2023
Week 1 2023 Saturday check in Jan 7/2023
Week 1 2023 Sunday check in Jan 1/2023
Yes that is what I thought.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
I would definitely check the individual resort calendars and the exchange company calendars (if you're looking to exchange.)

Marriott's individual resort calendars can be found using this excellent compilation linked here/provided by @dioxide45.

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
This post is way to generic and week 53 will vary from one resort to the next. Some resorts with multiple checkin days have a week 53 every year. Many Marriott resorts are a good example of that.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I like your new photo Terry, I see you got Frank in there!!

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Should Definatly check your specific resort calendar to be sure. My Saturday check in resort weeks were not the same as my Friday check in weeks in 22 but seem to align again in 23
:thumbup: Definitely check with the resort. How this is handled with a fixed week calendar is resort specific. Winners Circle, where we are owners, gives everyone their numbered week, then retains 53 as an at-large week, which they put in the rental pool, with the proceeds counted as income. I have heard of other resorts making week 53 available to the week 52 owners if the owners pan added annual maintenance fee. If memory serves, other resorts slide a week into the schedule (usually in January), so that the remainder of the check-in dates during the year fall closer to their normal dates (e.g, if you have a fixed week 51 for Christmas, you will still wind up with a Christmas week when there are 53 weeks for your check-in date.

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
I would definitely check the individual resort calendars and the exchange company calendars (if you're looking to exchange.)

Marriott's individual resort calendars can be found using this excellent compilation linked here/provided by @dioxide45.
Yes, this is very important, as I found out with our Kona Coast holiday weeks. When I had just taken over our ownership, I used the Redweek calendar to determine the start date of our weeks, and it turned out to be different. The staff kindly sent me their spreadsheets showing week start dates for several years to come.

And as far as week 53, we got double weeks 51 and 52 for 2022 (four weeks for our 2-week ownership), due to the week 53 issue.

OLRi2010

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Orange Lake River Island
The Quarter House
Fitzpatrick Castle
Macdonald Villacana Resort
HICV will send you an email confirmation if you call and request it. I've found they have a somewhat "casual" attitude when I call but they do provide the written confirmation if requested. I also own Fitzpatrick but haven't checked with them for 2023 yet as I will most likely deposit it with RCI.