• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

"12 new properties in Europe"

ksimm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Craigendarroch
You know that statement is certainly a lie because it would break Home Week bookings for owners. They can only be 6-month booking per the rules.

I know. The only way maybe I can see it as a thread of truth is if they’re buying HGVC points. But then they’d be in different pools I believe. Also, the only 10 month advantage would be from the loyalty searches which I don’t think are even love yet anyway.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I know. In our update on Monday they said that...
The old adage applies:
"How do you know a TS salesman is lying? His lips are moving."

ksimm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Craigendarroch
The old adage applies:
"How do you know a TS salesman is lying? His lips are moving."

I know. My favorite fable from our update was when she said we could text her anytime and she would plan all of our trips for us. Also she could get us guaranteed instant updates on Hilton hotels every time we booked. She was the only person in Hilton that could offer these services.

Venter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Club Son Antem, Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve, Marriott Vacation Club @ Los Suenos, MVC points, Sheraton Lakeside Terrace, Sheraton Flex, Westin Flex, Aventuras
I'm happy they actually came through and some of them don't seem too high on points but I do want to see the locations more closely.
Crete was one of the places I wanted to go and was assured in the sales presentation that was possible so now it appears that's actually possible...shocking actually.

Some quick glance observations are the booking window is only for 6 months so it's MAX for sure. Point values I'm seeing to give some idea of what's out there:

Crete 1 bdr- 8000/ 2 bdr 9000
England (Lancashire)- 1 bdr 5000-7.500, studios 4500-6000
Spain- 1 bdr 4700-5500, 2 bdr 7500
Crete looks like a good resort.

Thurnham Hall was a good stay when we were there 15 years ago on a presentation package.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
I know. My favorite fable from our update was when she said we could text her anytime and she would plan all of our trips for us. Also she could get us guaranteed instant updates on Hilton hotels every time we booked. She was the only person in Hilton that could offer these services.
They must have this in a sales playbook. I heard this one from a rep in Vegas. I told him that I like to plan and have had no problems getting what I need. Never heard from him since. Of course we didn't buy.

Did they show you photos of their kids that will starve if you don't buy from them today? :D

ernststarhemberg

TUG Member
Reaction score
They must have this in a sales playbook. I heard this one from a rep in Vegas. I told him that I like to plan and have had no problems getting what I need. Never heard from him since. Of course we didn't buy.

Did they show you photos of their kids that will starve if you don't buy from them today? :D

Eerily familiar! Who was the salesman, if you don't mind me asking?

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Unfortunatelt, it was about 5 years ago so don't remember.

cowboyfan

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Tuscany Village 8400 points
In this spiel, Derek da Silva states that twelve new properties in Europe are coming online. It sounds like these would only be in Max. Which properties are these?

Has there been any mention of "Hilton Golf and Beach Sandestin" for Max members to use?