• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WYN - Bonnet Creek - 2017 inventory - NO rooms available

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Any idea what happened to Bonnet Creek's 2017 inventory?

Starting sometime yesterday afternoon, not a room to be found for November or December 2017.

There's typically always something here and there, if nothing else one night orphaned/unbookable rooms.

These are the type of things I wish WYN would explain.

Did they purposely take inventory out of the system? Are they overbooked? Do they have a maintenance issue?

Or is it a system issue?

:shrug:

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Called Wyndham, they indicated that inventory is on hold at Bonnet Creek due to re-construction at Pompano Beach. Other Orlando Area Resort's is also on hold for the rest of the year pending work being done at Pompano Beach. Inventory is being held in case some owners want it. Like you, I am not one of the favored owners.

Last edited:

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Called Wyndham, they indicated that inventory is on hold at Bonnet Creek due to re-construction at Pompano Beach. Other Orlando Area Resort's is also on hold for the rest of the year pending work being done at Pompano Beach. Inventory is being held in case some owners want it. Like you, I am not one of the favored owners.
That makes the most sense - thank you. I just don't understand why they can't come out and say it! Honesty is just not in the cards for them. You have a better contact than me. Bonnet Creek has no idea (no view into available inventory). The VC I talked to just said, it's a busy time of year and everyone wants go on on vacation and they would never remove rooms from inventory - they want us to go on vacation! :crash::wall:

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Guess they (Wyndham) decided this was a better way to go than returning points + 25% for voluntary cancellations.

There is some scattered availability at OIRC and Reunion. BC, Star Island, and Cypress Palms are wiped out.

Edited to clarify the ambiguous "they."

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Guess they decided this was a better way to go than returning points + 25% for voluntary cancellations.

There is some scattered availability at OIRC and Reunion. BC, Star Island, and Cypress Palms are wiped out.

some folks just dont want the points back.. they want their vacation in the sun.. orlando might not be ideal, but its still warmer than Canada I understand it gets cold there in Dec

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
A simple explanation on the website would help people from searching without a chance but also would stop people from cancelling. Thankfully in the past I would have plenty of reservations so if I lost one I would stop and wait before cancelling the others.

ilya

TUG Member
Reaction score
That makes the most sense - thank you. I just don't understand why they can't come out and say it! Honesty is just not in the cards for them. You have a better contact than me. Bonnet Creek has no idea (no view into available inventory). The VC I talked to just said, it's a busy time of year and everyone wants go on on vacation and they would never remove rooms from inventory - they want us to go on vacation! :crash::wall:

Why didn't they take the inventory from expedia or extra holidays or any other third party rental agency.? and leave inventory for paying owners??

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Why didn't they take the inventory from expedia or extra holidays or any other third party rental agency.? and leave inventory for paying owners??

This has to be a rhetorical question! Leave inventory for paying owners?? Like Wyndham cares a lot about paying owners when there's money to be made.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Considering they are effectively making it impossible to use points that expire this year - they should be allowing owners to deposit points next year (no matter what their ownership level). And waive the $39 fee. Seems only fair to me -- if WYN has gone crazy holding back rooms -- the hardship to owners should be considered.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
People losing or may lose points over the availability issues, I think, Should make a claim to Wyndham along the lines indicated above, even if they deny it.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Considering they are effectively making it impossible to use points that expire this year - they should be allowing owners to deposit points next year (no matter what their ownership level). And waive the $39 fee. Seems only fair to me -- if WYN has gone crazy holding back rooms -- the hardship to owners should be considered.

Occam's Razor says we should choose the simplest explanation -- the one that requires the fewest assumptions. Accordingly, we should attribute Wyndham's actions to incompetence rather than greed.

I would like to think we unfairly characterize Wyndham's seemingly cynical actions. It's becoming harder and harder to do. Indifference to owners is one thing; purposefully acting to the detriment of owners is another.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Occam's Razor says we should choose the simplest explanation -- the one that requires the fewest assumptions. Accordingly, we should attribute Wyndham's actions to incompetence rather than greed.

I would like to think we unfairly characterize Wyndham's seemingly cynical actions. It's becoming harder and harder to do. Indifference to owners is one thing; purposefully acting to the detriment of owners is another.

Oh my. Gillette's razor says if it looks like a rat and smells like a rat. It probably is a rat. And a good shave still makes it a rat.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Wyndham Bonnet Creek Tower 3, has been closed, not weather related, for renovations. They are changing furniture etc. Hope to have it open by Thanksgiving.

Last edited:

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hopefully, the renovation stays on schedule, December inventory for Tower 3 will become and stay available.

ilya

TUG Member
Reaction score
What i don't quite understand is how Wyndham makes their reservation. One at a time like the rest of us? or in a big lump sum. How many upgrades have they received and do all the reservations have a reservation # associated with it.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe they are limited to 10 at a resort and have to be in different names soon after booking.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not sure, but I think developer owned inventory, they can do as they want. How many of Wyndham Companies are considered developers I do not know.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I use to love the day when a tower would open up and the availability would be loaded all at once with no heads up. Since I was checking every morning anyways I did not miss it. A scramble to get the available points and then a scramble to stay under the 10 nightly unit limit per account. Surprisingly no leaks either as the good stuff was not picked up right as the website opened.

juanmpinera

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham
I am an owner at Bonnet Creek and Star Island. Let me say that I will never stay at Star Island because frankly it disturbing to enter a resort through a strip mall parking lot in Kissimmee.

The reason there is no availability besides building three (3) and let say Pompano construction is a simple fact. Club Wyndham Access members were sold the access in a trust as opposed to deeds. So if you have a deed like me, then you have to fight over 8% inventory that you are allowed.

This was revealed to me by a sales associate who knew I was not going to buy anything so he said read the prospectus and you will see. I asked him to show me the page and there it was in black and white print.

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ocean walk daytona, Brandon at the falls, and great Smokies lodge
I am an owner at Bonnet Creek and Star Island. Let me say that I will never stay at Star Island because frankly it disturbing to enter a resort through a strip mall parking lot in Kissimmee.

The reason there is no availability besides building three (3) and let say Pompano construction is a simple fact. Club Wyndham Access members were sold the access in a trust as opposed to deeds. So if you have a deed like me, then you have to fight over 8% inventory that you are allowed.I just wonder if the breaking of the fair share vacation trust from CWA at GSL last november isn't causing the shut down of Voyager in order to separate deeded property allowance. Will this finally give owners of full pay to Wyndham sales their monies worth and stop ones who bought for pennies to get what they have paid to have?

This was revealed to me by a sales associate who knew I was not going to buy anything so he said read the prospectus and you will see. I asked him to show me the page and there it was in black and white print.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert

The reason there is no availability besides building three (3) and let say Pompano construction is a simple fact. Club Wyndham Access members were sold the access in a trust as opposed to deeds. So if you have a deed like me, then you have to fight over 8% inventory that you are allowed.

I just wonder if the breaking of the fair share vacation trust from CWA at GSL last november isn't causing the shut down of Voyager in order to separate deeded property allowance. Will this finally give owners of full pay to Wyndham sales their monies worth and stop ones who bought for pennies to get what they have paid to have?

No. None of this has anything to do with the availability showing (or not) at Bonnet Creek in late 2017.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
But it is a interesting tangent. Maybe it should be a different thread.

ilya

TUG Member
Reaction score

Just curious? What was shown to you in black and white? The new spin seems to be to get everyone to CWA. Maybe this is why a deed fixed week contract is more valuable. At least you are guaranteed what you want. Being in CWA you a fighting with all the others for a specific prime time week.

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ocean walk daytona, Brandon at the falls, and great Smokies lodge
Just curious? What was shown to you in black and white? The new spin seems to be to get everyone to CWA. Maybe this is why a deed fixed week contract is more valuable. At least you are guaranteed what you want. Being in CWA you a fighting with all the others for a specific prime time week.
Very true only time will tell. I know years ago visiting Destin and Panama City said if I didn't own there soon, I couldn't come anymore. We lived only 2 hours away. Now the story is if I don't join CWA my MF will increase $15+ each year and I just say for $20,000+ I can pay many years of MF. Also it would be cheaper to have all contracts at one place. The sales sheet showed future fees were to be up $15.00+ each year. Their main sales presentation was to show me how much I would be paying for the next 10 years, therefore I could afford to pay in order to save. They have really have wanted my deeds but when I bought Daytona they said be careful about selling it as it was valuable. The sales tell me my deeds are worth over one huundred thousand so I get to buy anything for less than offered to others. Hahaha.
Also, they told me my granddaughter, who purchases my sister's Deed, would be treated as a resale since she was not her immediate family. What other lies can be told to us. It is like the death panel for us over 80 will judge what health treatments will be covered and now blue Cross wants to send a nurse for an hour to evaluate my health and see doctor on line 24/7. Again raping the system if we can.

Last edited: