• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Weird issue with RCI points

squierjosh

Reaction score
So, I keep meticulous records of my points. For a long time we had two TS, one was every other even year. I logged every trip, points used, and which year they came from. I sold back one TS, so I'm down to 1. I think I paid the maintenance fees for 2018 on the one I sold back, but nothing ever showed up in my account. I was down to like 2,500 points for 2017, so I booked a weekend to use those up and dip into 2018 points. All of a sudden, I have 78,xxx points, even though my 2018 allocation is 51,000. Up until last night, my personal spreadsheet matched what my RCI account said, 2,500 points that were expiring soon.

The online rep said they carried over from 2016 into 2017, and then into 2018. I'm pretty sure 1) This isn't possible and 2) I used every single point through 2016. So was the TS I sold back just slow to give me my 2018 points? Did me using up my 2017 points somehow trigger releasing of those additional 33,000 points?

Anyone have issues with canceled TS points still showing up?

Egret1986

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
OK, this doesn't specifically address what you're asking, but may be helpful. I have a very long "RCI" history on my RCI Points account. I have bought and sold many RCI Points contracts over the years and completed a high number of exchanges also. Everything was humming along for a few years. I wasn't as savvy as you in keeping a spreadsheet. Unfortunately, in 2017, I had to "pay the piper." I was trying to make an exchange and I was out of points, and that made no sense to me. In my mind, I still had points. Wrong. RCI, online, really doesn't tell the whole story about your points balances. Because of all my activity, it ended up being six pages worth of accounting of my points. Fortunately, I got someone on the telephone that was above the norm. She got it figured out and emailed me my six page history (back to 2016, I believe). I was "in the hole" for many points due to "borrowing", then selling a contract, using points from future use years, etc. It was all in the history as to how I got myself to that point. Fortunately, I was able to buy another owner's points to beef up my account and bypass the large shortfall and get back to the plus side.

All this is to say, I would call RCI. Hopefully, you will get someone on the telephone that is able to assist you with answering your questions about your account and/or email you a history. RCI is the best place to get your questions answered. They control the RCI Points. They have that information.