• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vv key west 2 br lock off gold plus

Jimzigg

Reaction score
I have spent last 30 days reading and learning. I can get this mand resort with 81k for a very nominal fee but biggest concern is whether mfs are worth it. Some open ?? 1). Trying to predict ii value of depositing 2 units. Any real experience here from current owners of same? Wife wants to exch for exotic places like little huts on water type stuff but unless u can bank multiple yrs weeks and combine them i dont see any chance of an ii exch using an orlando villa. 2). Is it feasible to exchnage for a unit with better rent value and rent the unit out in yrs we do not want to vacation to cover 1500 mf? I heard starwood frowns on this? I do note wsj is best rental value but see the so chart change in 2015 will restrict 81k to a studio hillside. 3) confirm we can cancel and rebook reservations subject to avail with no loss of flexibility at over 60 days out. I know the general rule of buy home resort where u will use and book home resort at 12 mos as a backup and exchange resort at 8 mos. 4). Realistic rental fees to expect from our vv unit split into 2 1 br rentals in gold plus weeks. I love tug as a new tugger!

gtm2011

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't recommend buying a Gold Plus 2BD LO at VV KW, so I would pass on even a free one.

1) only real trade value is Starwood preference in II
2) possible, but against the rules if it isn't your home resort
3) correct, but you currently have a $29 fee to cancel a non-home resort reservation and you have to consider the SO banking deadline.
4) less than MFs, probably a lot

I have spent last 30 days reading and learning. I can get this mand resort with 81k for a very nominal fee but biggest concern is whether mfs are worth it. Some open ?? 1). Trying to predict ii value of depositing 2 units. Any real experience here from current owners of same? Wife wants to exch for exotic places like little huts on water type stuff but unless u can bank multiple yrs weeks and combine them i dont see any chance of an ii exch using an orlando villa. 2). Is it feasible to exchnage for a unit with better rent value and rent the unit out in yrs we do not want to vacation to cover 1500 mf? I heard starwood frowns on this? I do note wsj is best rental value but see the so chart change in 2015 will restrict 81k to a studio hillside. 3) confirm we can cancel and rebook reservations subject to avail with no loss of flexibility at over 60 days out. I know the general rule of buy home resort where u will use and book home resort at 12 mos as a backup and exchange resort at 8 mos. 4). Realistic rental fees to expect from our vv unit split into 2 1 br rentals in gold plus weeks. I love tug as a new tugger!

Jimzigg

Reaction score
thanks for the advice! i have some follow-ups but generally below, what would be a better alternative? Kierland? We do have 3 kids 7 or younger to orlando would get used as home resort near term but yes we can rent cheaper than mfs cost or exchnage another resort easily for orlando. was thinking that in orlando we use the small unit of lockoff and be left with 44k SO to bank or use elsewhere in same year. or rent larger side same week we stay for 800/week to cover part of mfs -seems cheap enough that it might rent?.

I wouldn't recommend buying a Gold Plus 2BD LO at VV KW, so I would pass on even a free one.

1) only real trade value is Starwood preference in II - so basically little II exch value for non SW resorts? I read about how placing 2 units of a lockoff in II get you a premium vs deposit of the 2br... so i was hoping that premium might get me something..
2) possible, but against the rules if it isn't your home resort - what hapens if they find out? how would they find out? anyone here been "busted"? will resort let someone check in who is not me?
3) correct, but you currently have a $29 fee to cancel a non-home resort reservation and you have to consider the SO banking deadline. Good to know about fee and i forgot about bank deadline of Jul1....
4) less than MFs, probably a lot
was hoping to get 800 week for big side and 500 week for small or 1300 total just shy of 1500 mf -Sounds like the oversupply orlando might not even get me a taker at these rates and it likely sits vacant?

Jimzigg

Reaction score
Sorry my follow-on ?? kind of got hidden:

1) only real trade value is Starwood preference in II - so basically little II exch value for non SW resorts? I read about how placing 2 units of a lockoff in II get you a premium vs deposit of the 2br... so i was hoping that premium might get me something.. 2) possible, but against the rules if it isn't your home resort - what hapens if they find out? how would they find out? anyone here been "busted"? will resort let someone check in who is not me?3) correct, but you currently have a $29 fee to cancel a non-home resort reservation and you have to consider the SO banking deadline. Good to know about fee and i forgot about bank deadline of Jul1....

thanks for the advice! i have some follow-ups but generally below, what would be a better alternative? Kierland? We do have 3 kids 7 or younger to orlando would get used as home resort near term but yes we can rent cheaper than mfs cost or exchnage another resort easily for orlando. was thinking that in orlando we use the small unit of lockoff and be left with 44k SO to bank or use elsewhere in same year. or rent larger side same week we stay for 800/week to cover part of mfs -seems cheap enough that it might rent?.

was hoping to get 800 week for big side and 500 week for small or 1300 total just shy of 1500 mf -Sounds like the oversupply orlando might not even get me a taker at these rates and it likely sits vacant?

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
1). Trying to predict ii value of depositing 2 units. Any real experience here from current owners of same? Wife wants to exch for exotic places like little huts on water type stuff but unless u can bank multiple yrs weeks and combine them i dont see any chance of an ii exch using an orlando villa.

You won't get into a resort with water huts with any Starwood resale because Starwood Vacation Ownership doesn't have such a thing. Starwood does have a HOTEL, St. Regis Bora Bora,that fits the bill, but in order to use your timeshare purchase to stay in hotels, you'd have to: a) buy from the developer, which will set you back at least $20k; and b) convert your StarOptions (timeshare currency) into StarPoints (hotel currency) for multiple years -- a notoriously bad deal.

To give you an idea of how bad, my SVV plat 2 bdrm is worth 81k SOs, but only converts to 42k SPs (hotel currency). SRBB costs 30-35,000 SPs per night.

So I could either spend $7000 outright for a 7 night stay at SRBB, or I could spend:

A minimum of $20,000 to buy a Starwood timeshare
A minimum of $1200 in MFs per year x multiple years
$99 per year conversion fees x multiple years

$7000 is beginning to look like a bargain, isn't it? Anyway, I'm sure you get the picture.

Although you've done some research already, you're going to have to figure out if timesharing is for you at all. While it's not exactly the antithesis of a luxury hotel like SRBB, timeshares mainly appeal to people who aren't into excessive pampering. I mean, they all come with kitchens and laundry rooms for a reason. Even Westins, which are on the higher end of timeshares, don't offer all of the amenities you'd find at luxury hotels, such as daily housekeeping, 5 star restaurants, room service, full service spas, etc.

So my advice is to talk to your wife and see what it is you're looking for in a vacation. If it truly is a hut on the water, you need to refocus your vacation dollars in another direction.

Jimzigg

Reaction score
Got it - many thx!

I should have qualified better that the wife likes a lot of the SVO villas in network like Hawaii, Cancun, WSJ, Harborside, Vail but we were wondering what the II exch value (once we are sick of the SVN properties using our 81k SO) would be if we buy the 2BR lock off at VV KW and deposit them as 2 1BR separate units. Could we "easily "get an off season rental at a non SW "bora bora type" resort in a studio type room? I am guessing the II pts assigned to the VV KW deposits would be very low based on gold plus weeks (non plat) and orlando being an oversupply mkt - but hoping to find someone who has actually used a unit like ours to trade in II with real data.

Also, we were looking at Orlando now under the "buy home resort where you will use" as our 3 kids are under 7 and love Disney. Once they are gone though its bora bora time (as a once in lifetime trip - hopefully use II?) and we otherwise would be happy spending yrs alternating between Hawaii, WSJ, Cancun and Harborside in SVO if our SVV 81k is a good property to have for SVO trades. WSJ point hiek notwithstanding.

You won't get into a resort with water huts with any Starwood resale because Starwood Vacation Ownership doesn't have such a thing. Starwood does have a HOTEL, St. Regis Bora Bora,that fits the bill, but in order to use your timeshare purchase to stay in hotels, you'd have to: a) buy from the developer, which will set you back at least $20k; and b) convert your StarOptions (timeshare currency) into StarPoints (hotel currency) for multiple years -- a notoriously bad deal.

To give you an idea of how bad, my SVV plat 2 bdrm is worth 81k SOs, but only converts to 42k SPs (hotel currency). SRBB costs 30-35,000 SPs per night.

So I could either spend $7000 outright for a 7 night stay at SRBB, or I could spend:

A minimum of $20,000 to buy a Starwood timeshare
A minimum of $1200 in MFs per year x multiple years
$99 per year conversion fees x multiple years

$7000 is beginning to look like a bargain, isn't it? Anyway, I'm sure you get the picture.

Although you've done some research already, you're going to have to figure out if timesharing is for you at all. While it's not exactly the antithesis of a luxury hotel like SRBB, timeshares mainly appeal to people who aren't into excessive pampering. I mean, they all come with kitchens and laundry rooms for a reason. Even Westins, which are on the higher end of timeshares, don't offer all of the amenities you'd find at luxury hotels, such as daily housekeeping, 5 star restaurants, room service, full service spas, etc.

So my advice is to talk to your wife and see what it is you're looking for in a vacation. If it truly is a hut on the water, you need to refocus your vacation dollars in another direction.

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
There are 3 reasons I'd buy a SVV mandatory week:

a) I loved SVV and wanted to lock in a really hot week, such as Christmas, 12 months in advance so I wouldn't have to stress over an II exchange.

b) I didn't have or want to spend a lot of money to buy WKV, but I really wanted SOs.

c) I also wanted to enjoy Starwood advantage in II with a minimum of dollars spent.

I own an EOY SVV because I had a VOI worth 148,100 SOs and wanted to have enough SOs to get into a 3 bdrm at WSJ during platinum plus season. I could have bought WKV, but I wanted a low-cost alternative because having enough SOs to exchange is not the same as actually being able to execute such an exchange. It's all subject to availability, you see, and the last thing I wanted to do was to spend $10k on an experiment.

So I'm a minor fan of SVV, even though others pooh pooh it. Not everyone wants to spend $15k on a WKV plat 2 bdrm, you know?

Now, there are a few things you need to know. First, is that unlike a lot of resorts, SVV has 2 types of 2 bdrms, a lock-off and a regular 2 bdrm. The regular 2 bedroom platinum units are worth 81k SOs, while the lockoffs are worth 95.7k SOs. It's an important distinction because if you want to do II exchanges, only the lockoffs can be split into 2 separate deposits. You cannot do this with a regular one bedroom; you either use the whole thing or deposit the whole thing. That's a downside to owning the regular 2 bdrm.

Also, note that if you want to visit WSJ, 95.7k x 2 = 191,400, which is enough to get you into a 2 bdrm at WSJ. 81k x 2 = 162,000, which falls short.

As far as II exchanges go, you are correct that SVV isn't going to get you very far except for other Starwoods. With the Starwood priority, if you play your cards right, it will probably get you into WLR and WKORV during shoulder season, HRA during low season, SBP, WKV and SDO during shoulder season, and Orlando pretty much year round. I highly doubt you'll ever see WSJ, HRA or WKORV in high season (whenever the kids are out of school), or any of the Colorado ski resorts in winter.

But because Orlando resorts are so plentiful, I doubt you'll ever get a great non-Starwood exchange, such as Four Seasons Aviara. I honestly don't know of any hut-on-the-water type timeshare resorts, but I highly doubt it'd be strong enough to pull something like that.

But owning any Starwood timeshare will get you access to II Getaways, which can be really good deals. If you can travel in shoulder season, I've seen resorts such as Marriott Aruba, Marriott Ocean Watch, Marriott Surf Club, Marriott Canyon Villas, etc.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
In case this was not already pointed out in previous posts, II is unlike RCI. There is no points assigned to deposits. Trade value is not a number that you can see.

Jimzigg

Reaction score
I would prob buy more for b and c. a is somewhat relevant because my kids like Disney but not svv per se. Gold plus weeks would not be considered hot. Definately do not want spend much considering the mfs are 1500. I would be paying 1000 incl closing for a 2 br lockoff at kw gold plus weeks. Until I saw the wsj so hike I figured 81k could get me anywhere for a 1 br shoulder or off season. But now I have to bank for wsj it appears. So I am sort of stuck on this one or considering kierland or looking for a 2 br vv play week preferably a lockoff but the 95700 is a weird number of so I am not sure it's worth the extra $$

There are 3 reasons I'd buy a SVV mandatory week:

a) I loved SVV and wanted to lock in a really hot week, such as Christmas, 12 months in advance so I wouldn't have to stress over an II exchange.

b) I didn't have or want to spend a lot of money to buy WKV, but I really wanted SOs.

c) I also wanted to enjoy Starwood advantage in II with a minimum of dollars spent.

I own an EOY SVV because I had a VOI worth 148,100 SOs and wanted to have enough SOs to get into a 3 bdrm at WSJ during platinum plus season. I could have bought WKV, but I wanted a low-cost alternative because having enough SOs to exchange is not the same as actually being able to execute such an exchange. It's all subject to availability, you see, and the last thing I wanted to do was to spend $10k on an experiment.

So I'm a minor fan of SVV, even though others pooh pooh it. Not everyone wants to spend $15k on a WKV plat 2 bdrm, you know?

Now, there are a few things you need to know. First, is that unlike a lot of resorts, SVV has 2 types of 2 bdrms, a lock-off and a regular 2 bdrm. The regular 2 bedroom platinum units are worth 81k SOs, while the lockoffs are worth 95.7k SOs. It's an important distinction because if you want to do II exchanges, only the lockoffs can be split into 2 separate deposits. You cannot do this with a regular one bedroom; you either use the whole thing or deposit the whole thing. That's a downside to owning the regular 2 bdrm.

Also, note that if you want to visit WSJ, 95.7k x 2 = 191,400, which is enough to get you into a 2 bdrm at WSJ. 81k x 2 = 162,000, which falls short.

As far as II exchanges go, you are correct that SVV isn't going to get you very far except for other Starwoods. With the Starwood priority, if you play your cards right, it will probably get you into WLR and WKORV during shoulder season, HRA during low season, SBP, WKV and SDO during shoulder season, and Orlando pretty much year round. I highly doubt you'll ever see WSJ, HRA or WKORV in high season (whenever the kids are out of school), or any of the Colorado ski resorts in winter.

But because Orlando resorts are so plentiful, I doubt you'll ever get a great non-Starwood exchange, such as Four Seasons Aviara. I honestly don't know of any hut-on-the-water type timeshare resorts, but I highly doubt it'd be strong enough to pull something like that.

But owning any Starwood timeshare will get you access to II Getaways, which can be really good deals. If you can travel in shoulder season, I've seen resorts such as Marriott Aruba, Marriott Ocean Watch, Marriott Surf Club, Marriott Canyon Villas, etc.

Jimzigg

Reaction score
Ahhhh thx for pointing that out I had no idea.... Tough for me to gauge how much value people have gotten in ii for a similar unit then I guess ....

In case this was not already pointed out in previous posts, II is unlike RCI. There is no points assigned to deposits. Trade value is not a number that you can see.

Newportbeach1

Reaction score
I would just that using a 2 bedroom lock-out in II is very much like craps in Vegas. You throw the dice and see what happens. I have done it for several years, and sometimes I get 2 one bedrooms at Maui Westin in the first two weeks of Sept. Ok for me, but I don't have small children. For a family with the limit of vacation time availability, you really should give II 3-5 resorts and
8 or more weeks per year you are looking for and then see if you are lucky. Give one or two resorts and 2-4 weeks per year and your odds are very low.

Jimzigg

Reaction score
Based on helpful feedback here I have put my purchase of annual gold plus float SVV KW 2BR LO with 81k SO on hold. Puchase price is $1,000 incl closing which I thought was a really good deal.

I priced out some WKV and the cost to go in is just too high for me- I am seeing $5,000.

I guess the best alternative would be to look for same SVV unit in Plat weeks with 95.7k SO. MFs will be same after all. Have seen some with ridiculous asking prices ($12k plus) and when I say I want to pay $2500 I get laughed off by the agents. Realistically, what is the approx mkt value on this? I figured 2500 based on the 1000 I can pay for the gold plus unit.... Maybe I am off?

Is the gold plus unit at 1,000 a good enough deal I should just pull trigger and live with 81k?

look forward to opinions and feedback!

I would just that using a 2 bedroom lock-out in II is very much like craps in Vegas. You throw the dice and see what happens. I have done it for several years, and sometimes I get 2 one bedrooms at Maui Westin in the first two weeks of Sept. Ok for me, but I don't have small children. For a family with the limit of vacation time availability, you really should give II 3-5 resorts and
8 or more weeks per year you are looking for and then see if you are lucky. Give one or two resorts and 2-4 weeks per year and your odds are very low.

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I guess the best alternative would be to look for same SVV unit in Plat weeks with 95.7k SO. MFs will be same after all.

Actually the 2 bdrm LOs worth 95.7k SOs have higher MFs than the regular 2 bdrm units since their sq footage is higher.

I'd try to get a platinum 2 bdrm or 2 bdrm lockoff. Same MFs, more SOs. You should be able to get one for under $2500.

Last edited:

Jimzigg

Reaction score
the mfs on the tabled deal are $1496. it is a 2BR lockoff in gold plus weeks which puts SO at 81k. i can buy for $1000 incl closing. Same mfs as a 2br LO in plat weeks correct or no? same SF just one is gold plus weeks float and the other is plat weeks float.

Sounds like your advice it keep shopping for same unit but in plat weeks 95.7k SO at $2500 or less. know anyone selling at my price? i did check here on tug......

Actually the 2 bdrm LOs worth 95.7k SOs have higher MFs than the regular 2 bdrm units since their sq footage is higher.

I'd try to get a platinum 2 bdrm or 2 bdrm lockoff. Same MFs, more SOs. You should be able to get one for under $2500.

Jimzigg

Reaction score
just checked ebay and there is a SVV KW 2 BR non LO in plat weeks starting bid $1. mfs are 1200. interested in thoughts about giving up the LO unit i have tabled for a straight 2 BR but gaining plat weeks vs gold plus?

also saves me 300 annually in mfs but i cannot split units. but is it worth giving up ability to split units to gain the plat weeks? could prob get it cheaper than the $1000 deal i have now...... still 81k SO

the mfs on the tabled deal are $1496. it is a 2BR lockoff in gold plus weeks which puts SO at 81k. i can buy for $1000 incl closing. Same mfs as a 2br LO in plat weeks correct or no? same SF just one is gold plus weeks float and the other is plat weeks float.

Sounds like your advice it keep shopping for same unit but in plat weeks 95.7k SO at $2500 or less. know anyone selling at my price? i did check here on tug......

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

I think you'd be able to pick up a platinum 2 bdrm worth 81k for ~$2.5k. Lockoff will probably go for a bit higher.

Personally, I wouldn't buy anything but a platinum because moving forward the MFs are the same for the same size unit, but you'll get more SOs to work with. The difference in price would not be enough to induce me to go for a gold plus week.

Ebay is usually the lowest price. Just buy from someone who has an excellent rating.

Last edited:

Jimzigg

Reaction score
Lisa REx - I am really finding your advice valuable thx for helping.

so your advice would be to buy a straight 2BR in plat weeks for approx 2500 vs the 2 br Lockoff in gold weeks i have on table now? this will cost me an extra $1500 (2500 vs 1000). i still have 81k either way.... so the $1500 cost diff is worth it just for the diff in weeks? and i lose the ability to split..........

just asking cuz i thought there was significsnt value in splitting lockoffs and did not realize the plat weeks vs gold would give me so much more inherent "value".

I think you'd be able to pick up a platinum 2 bdrm worth 81k for ~$2.5k. Lockoff will probably go for a bit higher.

Personally, I wouldn't buy anything but a platinum because moving forward the MFs are the same for the same size unit, but you'll get more SOs to work with. The difference in price would not be enough to induce me to go for a gold plus week.

Ebay is usually the lowest price. Just buy from someone who has an excellent rating.

Jimzigg

Reaction score
woops - sorry i didnt note that i would save $300/yr in MFs going the route i think u r suggesting so i would make back my $1500 in 5 yrs but still lose the split option.

Lisa REx - I am really finding your advice valuable thx for helping.

so your advice would be to buy a straight 2BR in plat weeks for approx 2500 vs the 2 br Lockoff in gold weeks i have on table now? this will cost me an extra $1500 (2500 vs 1000). i still have 81k either way.... so the $1500 cost diff is worth it just for the diff in weeks? and i lose the ability to split..........

just asking cuz i thought there was significsnt value in splitting lockoffs and did not realize the plat weeks vs gold would give me so much more inherent "value".

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well, let's see, the difference in MFs between the LO and non-LO are around $300 per year. So it would take you 5 years to break even on the difference in purchase price. After that, you'll be losing $300 per year buying the gold plus v. the platinum, though you retain the ability to split the L/O.

Truly, it's up to you. I can see a case for either. It's a shame you cannot find a platinum L/O,although the purchase price would be higher. However, unless you have a plan for spending those extra SOs, I guess it's not necessary to get the 95.7k SOs, assuming WSJ is the only resort that is going to change its SO assignment!

Key West

2 bdrm platinum worth 81k SOs = $958.06
cost per SO: $0.0118

2 bdrm gold+ worth 67100 SOs = $958.06
cost per SO: $0.0143

2 bdrm LO platinum worth 95700 SOs = $1263.07
cost per SO: $0.0132

2 bdrm LO gold+ worth 81000 SOs = $1263.07
cost per SO: $0.0156

Difference in MFs between LO and non-LO: $305.01

Bella
2 bdrm platinum worth 81000 SOs= $980.44
cost per SO: $0.0121

2 bdrm gold+ worth 67100 SOs=$980.44
cost per SO: $0.0146

2 bdrm L/O platinum worth 95700 SOs= $1270.35
cost per SO: $0.0133

2 bdrm LO gold+ worth 81000 SOs= $1270.35
cost per SO: $0.0157

difference in MFs between L/O and non-L/O $289.91

Last edited:

Jimzigg

Reaction score
great analysis- and thank you again! tough decision but i would prob lean toward having split option and taking gold weeks.

WSJ hike does worry me so going from 81k to 95.7k would help.

but all along i was thinking that, if we buy the gold weeks LO unit with 81k, we could use orlando for disney one yr and stay in the small side of the lockoff for 37,000 SO and bank 44,000.

the next year we would have 81 +44 or 125k SO to sue for WSJ.

under the new SO matrix in 2015 that would get us a 3BR in weeks 34-50 (worst season) and we could take extended family with. this assumes we can book it 8 mos out. in the bad season everybody wants Nov so it might be tough.

I did find a 2BR LO in plat for 3000 plus closing but they would not budge on price so i would be at 3500 vs 1000 for the 2BR LO gold. Same mfs of 1500 per year.

It does make sense to look at mfs as biggest expense and since they cost you the same, might as well spend a bit more upfront and get the plat week LO vs gold and get the addl 14.7k SO on top of it.

Well, let's see, the difference in MFs between the LO and non-LO are around $300 per year. So it would take you 5 years to break even on the difference in purchase price. After that, you'll be losing $300 per year buying the gold plus v. the platinum, though you retain the ability to split the L/O.

Truly, it's up to you. I can see a case for either. It's a shame you cannot find a platinum L/O,although the purchase price would be higher. However, unless you have a plan for spending those extra SOs, I guess it's not necessary to get the 95.7k SOs, assuming WSJ is the old resort that is going to change its SO assignment!

Key West

2 bdrm platinum worth 81k SOs = $958.06
cost per SO: $0.0118

2 bdrm gold+ worth 67100 SOs = $958.06
cost per SO: $0.0143

2 bdrm LO platinum worth 95700 SOs = $1263.07
cost per SO: $0.0132

2 bdrm LO gold+ worth 81000 SOs = $1263.07
cost per SO: $0.0156

Difference in MFs between LO and non-LO: $305.01

Bella
2 bdrm platinum worth 81000 SOs= $980.44
cost per SO: $0.0121

2 bdrm gold+ worth 67100 SOs=$980.44
cost per SO: $0.0146

2 bdrm L/O platinum worth 95700 SOs= $1270.35
cost per SO: $0.0133

2 bdrm LO gold+ worth 81000 SOs= $1270.35
cost per SO: $0.0157

difference in MFs between L/O and non-L/O $289.91

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I did find a 2BR LO in plat for 3000 plus closing but they would not budge on price so i would be at 3500 vs 1000 for the 2BR LO gold. Same mfs of 1500 per year.

If that's the one on MRN, it's gone now. I just sealed the deal this morning. Sorry!

P.S. I bought it to complement my EOY unit. I only needed an EOY to get to the required 176,700 SOs to exchange into WSJ during platinum plus season, but I couldn't find one.

s1b000

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
If that's the one on MRN, it's gone now. I just sealed the deal this morning. Sorry!

P.S. I bought it to complement my EOY unit. I only needed an EOY to get to the required 176,700 SOs to exchange into WSJ during platinum plus season, but I couldn't find one.

Lisa, what is MRN?

s1b000

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

Jimzigg

Reaction score
That was the one! Enjoy!
My other one also got sold so anyone who pmd me on it it is gone. Went for 1500 on ebay... 1000 WAS a great deal for 81k......