• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Trip to Marriott"s Village d'Ile-de France

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
We are back from our recent European Trip and had a fabulous but hectic time. We rented a car from CDG/Paris upon arrival and returned it to AMS/Amsterdam. First week was at Village d'Ile-de France, and the rest was in either AirBnB or hotel (Renaissance Amsterdam Airport).
1. The resort itself is very nice and unit comfortable. We were assigned to 2701 in Le Verger section. Lots of ducks and some swans in the lake and on the lawn which we don't mind. We were so busy going to places that we didn't spend much time to enjoy the resort facility. Maybe next time...
2. We bought Navigo and Paris Museum Pass for our visit to Paris, and both worked out really well. We used Museum Pass for Lourve, Musee d'Orsay, Musee de L'Orangerie, Center Pompidou, Musee Picasso, and Napoleon's Tomb. We also used it for Arc de Triomphe, Notre Dame and St Chapelle. Friends also used it for their visit to Versailles. At 48 Euro for two days, we definitely got our money's worth. :)
3. One day we stayed in Paris until 9 pm. Trains only went back as far as Torcy by then. We got off at Torcy and wait for a different train to take us back to Val'd Europe. Buses from Val'd Europe and Marne-la-Vallee run until much later. It was a long day but we didn't have to take a cab back to the Marriott.
BTW, Auchan near Val'd Europe does have a garage underneath the outdoor parking lot. We parked our car there and took the train into Paris after our long day in the city the previous day.
4. We drove to Loire Valley and Normandy for two days. Visited Chambord and Chenonceau in Loire Valley and saw other beautiful Châteaux from the road side (Blois and Chaumont...). That night we stayed near the coast, and went to Mont Saint Michel the next morning. After MSM we made stops at Omaha Beach and Normandy American Cemetery, which are really touching and powerful.
5. We drove to Bruges after a week at Village d"Ile-de France. I have been to Bruges twice before on day-trips and it never cease to amaze me. This time we stayed overnight and got to experience the magic of Bruges at night.
6. We then drove to Amsterdam and spent two days there before we flew back home. Went to Zaanse Schans, Giethoorn and Amsterdam city center. It was exhausting but we were so glad that we did it.
I want to thank you all for providing me with so many wonderful tips and info. It made my planning easier. I will be happy to answer any questions you might have...