• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ron Parise and his rentals

Status
Not open for further replies.

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
I want to report on a small rental company that is run by TUG member Ron Parise.

I highly recommend this company.

I just rented a Wyndham week through him for next July 5, at the Wyndham Ocean Ridge Resort at Edisto Island, SC.

The price was right at $3/thousand points plus a $130 fee.

I have the ressie in my name from Wyndham and I anticipate a very nice vacation.

He has an ad in the TUG market place that I found and checked on the forums about the ability to rent Wyndham points from owners. I was assured by other posters that what he is doing is legal.

He doesn't actually rent the points. You work out with him what you want and he gets the reservation in his name. You then pay him and he gets the reservation put in your name.

Very easy and fast.

For any details or contact info PM me or you can click on his blue user name on one of his posts and reach him that way.

momeason

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Since that is how it works, I guess you do not need to own Wyndham to do this.
Great news

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Since that is how it works, I guess you do not need to own Wyndham to do this.
Great news

You are right, I do not own Wyndham and I think that $676 total is a very good price for a 2Br Plus for 7 nights starting on a holiday weekend.

That works out to about $3.72/thousand points for this rental.

Last edited:

MichaelColey

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Palace View Branson (4 Lockouts), Grandview (Points), CMV (UDI), DVC (SSR 25)
At $3/thousand, it sounds like he gave you a fabulous deal (below MFs, if I'm not mistaken). I have a feeling his normal rates are higher than that. :)

I'm not surprised to hear that Ron runs a good business, though. He's always very helpful here on TUG.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
At $3/thousand, it sounds like he gave you a fabulous deal (below MFs, if I'm not mistaken). I have a feeling his normal rates are higher than that. :)

I'm not surprised to hear that Ron runs a good business, though. He's always very helpful here on TUG.

Michael

I have several "normal" rates. A lot has to do with when the points Im working with expire, and whether I get a discount that I can pass through

I make money with some of what I do, (actually make a lot) And I break even with some and with some I lose, but at the end of the day Im able to pay the bills and put a little in the bank...That makes me happy.

The message hrer is: dont expect this rate all the time

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
...The message hrer is: dont expect this rate all the time

Your current rate is only part of my post.

I did get what I consider a bargain but the main thing is that you will work with people to help them understand the product and you make the process easy.

As long as I can rent at or even a little above MFs, it's easier than owning because I can rent where and only when I want.

Thank you again.

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Your current rate is only part of my post.

I did get what I consider a bargain but the main thing is that you will work with people to help them understand the product and you make the process easy.

As long as I can rent at or even a little above MFs, it's easier than owning because I can rent where and only when I want.

Thank you again.

This has become the norm for Wyndham Points Resorts. You can actually save and get better control over exactly what / where you get to stay by renting than you can as an owner. You are leveraging the ability of owners (or those who have access to owners points) to get maximum discounts as well as use priority. You end up with no initial or ongoing expense and often paying only what the fees would be if you did own or less and staying at resorts you couldn't even obtain, or at least not as "on demand", as an owner. It is a great time to be open to renting Wyndham resorts. Save owning for resorts / areas / systems that aren't as readily available to rent or can only be rented at huge premiums over annual fees. Those tend to be smaller resorts, locations with very limited inventory and usually are not in large systems. Using the rentals, trades and ownerships correctly are key to getting the very best value out of timeshares. For Wyndham renting has seemingly become the best way to go in most cases.

massvacationer

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Really? Can someone get me Newport or Seawatch in the Summer at this price? :rolleyes:

I agree. Renting may be the best option from some. But not for me., Most of my reservations are for prime, hard to book times. Some require ARP. Most are not available during the discount window. All are during school vacations or prime weekends.

I could not get what I need by renting. I like to book a bunch of prime reservations that I'd like use and cancel some when other things get in the way.

So, I respectufully think John's "one size fits all" approach is too simplistic. Owning IS better for some.

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I agree. Renting may be the best option from some. But not for me., Most of my reservations are for prime, hard to book times. Some require ARP. Most are not available during the discount window. All are during school vacations or prime weekends.

I could not get what I need by renting. I like to book a bunch of prime reservations that I'd like use and cancel some when other things get in the way.

So, I respectufully think John's "one size fits all" approach is too simplistic. Owning IS better for some.

See the post after yours.

Not saying every rental will be at rock bottom price but neither is every ownership! If you are returning to the same resort every year then of course owning may be the best way. But if all you want is different Wyndham resorts - any resort any time - then renting is the best way right now and for the foreseeable future to get it at the best price as well as getting virtually any even tough to get as an owner location.

The reason is you are placing the onus on the owners to get the reservaion for you. You are leveraging any owner willing to try to rent to find you that exact resort / time / unit size that may be close to impossible to find with an individual ownership account and all the various limitations and perks that may or may not apply. Plus since they are renting they will do their best to minimize cost - but want to have the point used so you benefit.

Owning Wyndham is still a great deal (on resale only, of course) but not if your needs are less than every year and you want to avoid even minimal upfront outlay and obligation to ongoing fees. The fact that the majority of those rentals will be at or below those fees as well as being exactly targeted to your desired resort and the value should be obvious. It is as close to one size fits most as you are likely to find. And it does apply to high demand / tough to get resorts maybe more than even the more run of the mill type (but at a higher overall rate than those easy to get ones) - still likely to be less expensive than ownership especially at those high demand places.

I love sitting at those sales "updates" being told how I'll "never get in" without owning there even as we enjoy a week or more at discounted rates in the very resort "we can't get". It is always good for a chuckle.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Several posts have been deleted from this thread: Buying, selling, and renting in the discussion forums is not permitted...

Status
Not open for further replies.