• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Resorts accepting deedbacks

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just received my bill for my unit at Summer Bay Orlando and it contained a warning about timeshare exit firms. At the end of the warning they say "If you are talking to one of these companies or are thinking of doing so please contact us at...."

Great. Now if only more would issue stern warnings about these upfront fee resale scammers.

maz1081

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marriott, Wyndham, Diamond will. I know since they took mine back. The rule is simple: owe nothing, no loan, maintenance fees paid. Don't expect them to give you anything. In the case of these resorts no cost to you to deed back.
John
I have Diamond points. I'm interested in a deed back. Who should I contact?
Thanks
We are nearly done going through Diamond's deedback provision for our week at Powhatan Plantation in Williamsburg, VA. Once logged in and on the Member Area front page of the Diamond Resorts website you select the link for "Transitions" under "My Account" and you will find information about Diamond's deedback program. You have to meet certain criteria, some of which are listed by John above, but the minimum cost for deedback is $750. We felt it was worth it for where we are and it was about half our maintenance fees. We have retained our timeshare in Hilton Head to meet our vacationing needs at this time.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

Maple_Leaf

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Dunes
Hapimag
I heard from owners that Manhattan Club is now accepting deedbacks. A lot of owners would like to get out of that place. Apparently, someone wants in.

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
that would be some news if true!

I would imagine that enough folks have finally started defaulting on those sky high maint fees to force them into offering to take ownerships back as it cant be cheap to foreclose on real estate in new york!

ktrain

Reaction score
I just received my bill for my unit at Summer Bay Orlando and it contained a warning about timeshare exit firms. At the end of the warning they say "If you are talking to one of these companies or are thinking of doing so please contact us at...."

I wrote to them telling them I get all kinds of mail and phone call and what should I do. They wrote back asking me to contact their Inventory Surrender Program. Telling me it may take 20 to 30 days to review what I own.

I've been trying to give this away for a few years so seeing this notice gives me a little hope. But I'm not willing to spend $2,000 with them to do this when I know it will be resold for tens of thousands of dollars. It is a 3br 3ba lockoff that floats 1-51 so should have some value to them. I'll just stop paying if it comes to spending $2,000.

I will let you know what they tell me when they do tell me something.

Did you hear anything back? My dad owns points through them and wants to do the surrender program. Thanks

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
I did not hear back yet.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Any news on this? I have Summer Bay with Exploria and am wanting to get out of it as I got out of divorce and cannot afford it.
I finally got a call around August but by that time I had found someone to take the unit from me so I did not call back.

Here is what I wrote.

to memberservices@exploriaresorts.com
cleardot.gif

Hello, in my recent bill there is a warning about engaging with these companies.

I constantly get calls and letters offering to help me get out of this obligation.

Are any of them legitimate or approved by you?

Do you have any program to take back deeds or are my only options to find a buyer or default on the payments?

Thank you

Member #XXXX

Last edited:

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This was the reply

"Thank you for your recent enquiry unfortunately we don’t have a Buy Back Program and we are not affiliate nor do we assist on selling your ownership. We do have an Inventory Surrender Program and to better assist you please contact the Inventory Surrender Team directly at please call 1-866-991-4727 for the Inventory Surrender Program or you can email them at InventorySurrenderProgram@exploriaresorts.com. Please allow the Inventory Surrender Team 20-30 days to review your account and reach out to you."

here is the email to this address

"Hello, I'm interested in knowing how to go about surrendering my ownership at Summer Bay Orlando. I've been getting a lot of calls and letters and I don't know who is legitimate.

I own a 3br lockoff that floats weeks 1-51

Thank You

Owner #XXXX

Last edited:

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
I have negotiated deed-backs with:

Nob Hill Inn (San Francisco)
Maison Pierre Lafitte (two weeks) (New Orleans)
Club La Pension (New Orleans)

These were weeks that I found impossible to rent for the annual maintenance fees, if I could rent them at all. I bought them for rental purposes and it didn't work out.

Nothing against the resorts. The only one I stayed in was Club La Pension, although not in the unit I owned, and I loved the resort. I visited MPL two or three times, but never stayed there. I would have except there were places in N.O. that I liked better.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil

I wrote to them telling them I get all kinds of mail and phone call and what should I do. They wrote back asking me to contact their Inventory Surrender Program. Telling me it may take 20 to 30 days to review what I own.

I've been trying to give this away for a few years so seeing this notice gives me a little hope. But I'm not willing to spend $2,000 with them to do this when I know it will be resold for tens of thousands of dollars. It is a 3br 3ba lockoff that floats 1-51 so should have some value to them. I'll just stop paying if it comes to spending $2,000.

I will let you know what they tell me when they do tell me something.

John,

I don't blame you for not wanting to spend $2,000 but I'm puzzled by your concern with what Summer Bay will do with it. Once rid of it, what does it matter? Sounds like you're trying to be punitive but the one being punished may be you. $2,000 to avoid perpetual maintenance fees may be a prudent expenditure and, in the long run, may be better than walking away.

Does the same logic prevent you from trading in a car?

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
John,

I don't blame you for not wanting to spend $2,000 but I'm puzzled by your concern with what Summer Bay will do with it. Once rid of it, what does it matter? Sounds like you're trying to be punitive but the one being punished may be you. $2,000 to avoid perpetual maintenance fees may be a prudent expenditure and, in the long run, may be better than walking away.

Does the same logic prevent you from trading in a car?
I would not pay a dealer to take my car in trade but I'm sure you did not mean it that way.

I used that Summer Bay for exchanges every year sometimes getting four weeks for the one lock off week I own. If I were under pressure to sell and somehow figured out that spending $2,000 to get rid of it was a good deal for me I would offer that as a bonus to someone to take it from me before I would allow the timeshare company to get it that way to resell.

If I was under pressure to get rid of it, could no longer make use of it and really couldn't afford the yearly fees I would just walk away from it. I'd offer it to them for free to avoid the cost and time of foreclosing but no way I would pay them to take it.