• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Molokai Trip

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Thanks for sharing that. Nice reminder about how beautiful and tranquil it can be on Molokai.

Yes, Moloka’i is definitely that. With that in mind, I’ll start out with some pictures of the church Father Damian built. It’s about two miles west of WaveCrest right on the Kam V Hwy. great place for reflection.

F100E7DF-362D-4DDB-AFC7-A2B36DE6D6AA.jpeg

98C77D6C-8553-4596-986B-C15FC1D15275.jpeg

78C77D94-6B03-4248-A964-5AC65875B1C9.jpeg

9E069524-6C60-4432-9B8E-BF78F08DE701.jpeg

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Now some of the inside of the church.

113BF1DC-0EB4-4495-8936-91FD3E226E30.jpeg

9FA591F5-7793-44B1-B469-E9759373202D.jpeg

Attachments

• 96432973-4A92-49C6-9644-7B870C46AEB8.jpeg
    96432973-4A92-49C6-9644-7B870C46AEB8.jpeg
    54.9 KB · Views: 76

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A couple more from the church.

6D27FCF6-DEAA-4FDD-AD2A-6587D0F66BBA.jpeg

4714E356-0DF7-4B3F-A2FA-957E674ED387.jpeg

5B10FF73-36F5-4074-AACA-6FA92A512DD1.jpeg

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Here’s an exciting one my wife wanted, me going up the stairs to the third floor. :)

Last edited:

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The back of the A and B buildings at WaveCrest. I didn’t talk loud enough on this one.

Last edited:

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
There is a dip in the road for rain water drainage about two miles from WaveCrest and I asked about being cut off because of it. My realtor said it does happen but it’s rare and it’s temporary if it happens, like one or two hours.

Last edited:

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
And here’s one of the ones we were waiting to see. The end unit B301 at WaveCrest.

Last edited:

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Today I have to get a couple things at the grocery to finish out my week. Then I want to check out the book store.

The realtor comes over at 1pm today to check out a couple units here at Molokai Shores. I know one for sure is availabile to look at. Then I have to call the mortgage broker and go over everything with my wife.

We’ll see if I have time for anything else. :)

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Today I have to get a couple things at the grocery to finish out my week. Then I want to check out the book store.

The realtor comes over at 1pm today to check out a couple units here at Molokai Shores. I know one for sure is availabile to look at. Then I have to call the mortgage broker and go over everything with my wife.

We’ll see if I have time for anything else. :)

So have you narrowed down your choices any?

Dave

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So have you narrowed down your choices any?

Dave

Yes, we’re down to three but that includes one i’m Looking at today and it has an offer on it. So probably down to two.

The realtor was going to check if A310 was available for me to look at today also. It has a loft and I at least wanted to see one of those. It’s listed at our high end and Moloka’i Shores are selling closer to the list price. So I’m guessing it will be out of the running but if we like it we can always throw out an offer.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Yes, Moloka’i is definitely that. With that in mind, I’ll start out with some pictures of the church Father Damian built. It’s about two miles west of WaveCrest right on the Kam V Hwy. great place for reflection.
This church is not inside the Kaulapapa settlement I'm assuming. I didn't realize Father Damian had built anything outside that area.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This church is not inside the Kaulapapa settlement I'm assuming. I didn't realize Father Damian had built anything outside that area.

Yep, you are correct. We are going to go to the peninsula in January. This church I believe was at the 11 mile marker right on the Kam V Hwy. it’s a couple miles from WaveCrest. I forgot to post this picture.

7FEE5D33-D3B5-48A2-BAD4-54FA99023577.jpeg
[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just got done with the realtor and talking to my wife. I'm uploading the videos now so I will be posting them soon. The one I really wanted to see wasn't as nice as I thought but still easy fixes. Paint and fixtures and decorating.

the unit in the A building here at Molokai Shores was a surprise. I wanted to see it because it's a loft and the HOA is the same as a one bedroom. It needs some work and it's right on the edge of being too much work. More to think about.

That A building is is facing the same way as the B building at WaveCrest and the breezes just sweep right through. It was noticibly cooler in that unit and it was closed up for a while. It's price higher but been on the market for a long time so I know they know they have to come down. We just have to decide if we want to be on the third Floor and have to walk the steps all the time. We're not getting younger.

I'll post the videos after I get finished uploading them.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Here’s the other one that I’ve been waiting to see. This one and the next one are in the complex a mile out of Kaunakakai, Moloka’i Shores.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Here’s the other one at Molokai Shores. This one is in the third floor and as the loft. Same HOA as a one bedroom. The video is a little longer because it has the loft.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Dinner tonight was a Tempura Shrimp Plate from Maka’s Corner, $12.00. One thing I am surprised about here on Moloka’i is that many places stay open until 9, 10 and 11 o’clock at night.

CD44A55F-30EB-47A8-A140-8B60DD67C5CE.jpeg

C4775B31-2662-4B46-A0A1-5B7488C8CC6E.jpeg

97D34369-274A-4DA8-B385-36C809CA51E1.jpeg

D9E115E4-2F08-4A3B-AC22-BD8BB26BC088.jpeg

9039F7B2-8296-4739-99BF-4EE10737ACB8.jpeg

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I did find time to stop at the produce stand next to the market. I sat and talked to him almost an hour. He was busy today and did pretty well. I asked him his name and he said a Hawaiian name with about 25 letters in it. I laughed and said yeah, I’ll remember that. We both laughed and he said to just call him Kepi.

We sat, talked and ate some tangerines he had. He said he would be there on Friday and I told him I would stop again

My new joke is when ever someone asks where i’m From, I say born and raised on Moloka’i, with a big smile. Everyone just laughs then I tell them I’m from Wisconsin. :)

Last edited:

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
My new joke is when ever someone asks where i’m From, I say born and raised on Moloka’i, with a big smile. Everyone just laughs then I tell them I’m from Wisconsin. :)

He sounds like a cool guy. And your name in Hawaiian, in case you don't already know, is Kepeli. So if you introduce yourself that way, you'll be set. ;)

Dave (aka Kawika)

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
He sounds like a cool guy. And your name in Hawaiian, in case you don't already know, is Kepeli. So if you introduce yourself that way, you'll be set. ;)

Dave (aka Kawika)

I think I did look that up once it beck I can barely remember Jeff half the time. :D

Well the search is down to two. Both at WaveCrest, B209 and A203. Both second floor, A building is oceanfront and B is ocean, mountain and garden view.

B209 tops the list for both me and my wife. While not oceanfront, we like the view as a whole better. All you see is ocean in A203, you have to look over the rail to the left to see the pool or anything else.

We are comparing these to the Pono Kai too and at the Pono Kai the oceanfront buildings have the Coastal Path and the beach and even some of the grounds to look at. If i’m There a week or two, I chose A203 but for living there we prefer B209.

There are a couple other things we weighed in also. B209 is the second to last unit in the building and with people being able to walk down the hallway, the only people that would need to come all the way down there would be anyone staying in B210. A203 is right by the stairs and people could be going either way past the unit. The bedrooms are in the back by that hallway.

Looking at the past sales over the last year, the A building unit is probably listed close to where it will sell. It’s only been on the market 20 days. We thought about starting out throwing them a low offer and see what happens but we really do prefer the one in the B building. We still have some talking to do but that sounds like the way we will go.

I know we can get the one in the B building way cheaper than list price. It’s been on the market a year and a half. So we will probably start low and see where we end out. Who knows maybe he won’t come down as much as I think.

Probably won’t offer until I get home but we’ll see. I’ll keep posting.

Last edited:

taffy19

Reaction score
I think I did look that up once it beck I can barely remember Jeff half the time. :D

Well the search is down to two. Both at WaveCrest, B209 and A203. Both second floor, A building is oceanfront and B is ocean, mountain and garden view.

B209 tops the list for both me and my wife. While not oceanfront, we like the view as a whole better. All you see is ocean in A203, you have to look over the rail to the left to see the pool or anything else.

We are comparing these to the Pono Kai too and at the Pono Kai the oceanfront buildings have the Coastal Path and the beach and even some of the grounds to look at. If i’m There a week or two, I chose A203 but for living there we prefer B209.

There are a couple other things we weighed in also. B209 is the second to last unit in the building and with people being able to walk down the hallway, the only people that would need to come all the way down there would be anyone staying in B210. A203 is right by the stairs and people could be going either way past the unit. The bedrooms are in the back by that hallway.

Looking at the past sales over the last year, the A building unit is probably listed close to where it will sell. It’s only been on the market 20 days. We thought about starting out throwing them a low offer and see what happens but we really do prefer the one in the B building. We still have some talking to do but that sounds like the way we will go.

I know we can get the one in the B building way cheaper than list price. It’s been on the market a year and a half. So we will probably start low and see where we end out. Who knows maybe he won’t come down as much as I think.

Probably won’t offer until I get home but we’ll see. I’ll keep posting.
Both condos look nice inside and a second floor gives you a better view and more privacy too because many people will take a shortcut so walk right by your Lanai or windows.

What view you and your wife like best is a very personal decision. It is great that you both agree on that. :cool:

We both prefer full ocean view with lush green or colorful tropical plants and the fewer structures in front of us, the better we like it so our choice is different from yours with the two you like the best.

The shade screen on the Lanai to keep the hot sun out with a fan overhead and good cross ventilation from the front to the back of the condo may make it not too hot in the summer without air condition.

Decisions, decisions so wish you good luck with that!

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Decisions, decisions is right. We had always talked about full ocean view so it’s kind of odd that we are both agreeing on the other unit.

We’re still talking it over and I’m going back Thursday or Friday to look at them both again. I know my wife is weighing in cost too. The B unit is about 30% cheaper and that’s a lot but I told her in a few years it probably won’t be a big deal. Just like when we bought our other two houses.

She did say she would rent the Oceanfront unit if she was going there but thinking about living there she likes the B unit.

The sun shade and fan are not on the oceanfront unit. They would have to be added. And your right they make a huge difference. I see that staying in my unit at Molokai Shores. The oceanfront unit at WaveCrest and my unit here at Moloka’i Shores are both at the same angle so they don’t get as much breeze and the sun will hit them from about 3pm to 6pm. I think those would be two upgrades we would have to add to that unit before we moved there.

More thinking and we’ll see if another viewing changes anything.

Last edited:

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Jeff, loved the descriptions of your trip and your real estate journey. I think we are all anxious to hear about which one you and your wife pick. So exciting!

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Jeff, loved the descriptions of your trip and your real estate journey. I think we are all anxious to hear about which one you and your wife pick. So exciting!

Thank You to everyone for all the support. If anyone has any opinions please let me know. We’re trying to take everything into account. Even if we don’t agree, I’ll put how we approached and decided on that question. :thumbup: