• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Membership "updates"

jberndt10

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just curious, has anyone ever been kicked out or banned from timeshare "updates" for raising a stink when being lied to about how useless their resale points are? For a short period they really were updates but just got the total scaremonger, hard sell in Nashville. No we didn't get kicked out but are thinking of ways to do so next time:wall:;)

kaljor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Nashville
Wyndham CWA
Fairfield Bay
There have been other threads here about this topic, and I've learned something from all of them. Everyone's different and I like to devise methods that shorten the process so I can get my payment and go on about my business, but I don't like to be rude so every experience that's posted here helps me refine my approaches.

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ocean walk daytona, Brandon at the falls, and great Smokies lodge
Two years ago at Panama city, I was told that I had cost the salesman zilch and was very upset that I had come for an update. After that I have attended several but still get asked why I attended and I have said because to get my parking pass to learn about "Voyager" (which I still have not seen) I had to attend. Also if you want to feed me and give me a card for more food , I will listen. I have become very aware of their tactics and have no problem saying no. Twice I walked out after the 90 minutes but once my daughter went after the one in charge to make sure we were gifted. I have complained about this but Customer Care says I don't have to attend. I finally have told some management that the main problem is "parking pass", registration and sales are all not to speak to one another about any problems. (Sounds like our Congress) one time I walked out with two contracts to have my grandson in law review before he signed (which he didn't ).

My major problem still is a $3000 charge by Buy a Timeshare that has $0 offers and I have been paying $0 for the amount due for the past year (12.2% first year) but must find answer before March 3. If I sell they are to return the charge, but the last offer was $800 for Daytona 192k, $100 each for Branson at the Falls and GSL for 105k. The contracts are still in the trust and I am still hoping to have value added to them. I am contacting DISCOVER CARD disputes again today and hopefully your rescinds will have some impact on their understanding timeshare losses.

Last edited:

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Bring a kitchen timer --- a noisy, plastic cheap one. Set it for the time limit to listen to the sales person and set it so both of you can see the face. I, personal, put it ON my pocketbook (to me a symbol of MY PERSONAL PROPERTY.. DO NOT TOUCH). Click, click, click ... counting down the time.

Be polite, ask no questions, response in very few words to their questions, look long at the pretty pictures and say, Thank you. DING, stand up, gather your stuff and ask for the paperwork to take to gifting... saying only "thank you; not interested". Ask a second time slightly louder and for the third time, ask for the Floor Manager loudly while walking towards, the "boss pit" ... where all the sales staff goes for a 'better price'. Trust me... every "mark" THINKING of buying, watches their sales person go to the "boss pit" .. you become a BIG DISTRACTION to the selling effort to everyone on the floor. You will get attention .. but your goal is to get OUT with your possible gift, NOT arrested. As a woman, the effect of me saying, "DO NOT TOUCH ME" means something very different than when a guy "glad hands" another male on the back. Oh, and if someone stands in your way between you and the exit ... ask "please move" or just stand there silently glaring eye to eye.

The salesman biggest tool is their words; your tools is a glare and a single word, "NO". If 'no' is not the word which applies ... your glare works by getting the salesperson to just run their mouth MORE.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wearing a TUG, "I paid more for this T-shirt than my timeshare" shirt to an update tends to shorten them. I was told it was 'disrespectful' and told to change it or leave one. I wanted the goodies so I changed shirts, but it was a short presentation.

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Two years ago at Panama city, I was told that I had cost the salesman zilch and was very upset that I had come for an update. After that I have attended several but still get asked why I attended and I have said because to get my parking pass or learn about "Voyager" (which I still have not seen) I had to attend. Also if you want to feed me and give me a card for more foof, I will listen. I have become very aware of their tactics and have no problem saying no. Twice I walked out after the 90 minutes but once my daughter went after the one in charge to make sure we were gifted. I have complained about this but Customer Care says I don't have to attend. I finally have told some management that the main problem is "parking pass", registration and sales are all not to speak to one another about any problems. (Sounds like our Congress) one time I walked out with two contracts to have my grandson in law review before he signed (which he didn't ).

My major problem still is a $3000 charge by Buy a Timeshare that has $0 offers and I have been paying $0 for the amount due for the past year (12.2% first year) but must find answer before March 3. If I sell they are to return the charge, but the last offer was $800 for Daytona 192k, $100 each for Branson at the Falls and GSL for 105k. The contracts are still in the trust and I am still hoping to have value added to them. I am contacting DISCOVER CARD disputes again today and hopefully your rescinds will have some impact on their understanding timeshare losses.
Discover card still can't help as Buy a Timeshare has closed that door. Meeting with Living Waters board next month and hopefully may add to my contracts and keep my Silver VIP standing in the trust.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
The contracts are still in the trust and I am still hoping to have value added to them.

Ma'am, with all due respect, your contracts will never gain value in terms of selling price. If they have value to you as a vacation vehicle, hold onto them and continue paying the MFs and traveling. If you own too many points to use, your best bet is to start here on TUG in terms of giving them away or selling for a very modest amount, or attempting to go through Ovation.

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ma'am, with all due respect, your contracts will never gain value in terms of selling price. If they have value to you as a vacation vehicle, hold onto them and continue paying the MFs and traveling. If you own too many points to use, your best bet is to start here on TUG in terms of giving them away or selling for a very modest amount, or attempting to go through Ovation.
Thank you for you input but time will tell. So much negative news out there these days won't discourage me. They are valuable to me as they were to many others until the trust was able to take away the games many were playing.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
Thank you for you input but time will tell. So much negative news out there these days won't discourage me. They are valuable to me as they were to many others until the trust was able to take away the games many were playing.

Noted. I think I reflect the sentiments of many here in that I wouldn't want to see you lose any more money holding out hope that your Wyndham ownership will gain any monetary value. Saving timeshare owners money is essentially the founding principle of TUG. But you do need to do what you feel is right for your situation.

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Noted. I think I reflect the sentiments of many here in that I wouldn't want to see you lose any more money holding out hope that your Wyndham ownership will gain any monetary value. Saving timeshare owners money is essentially the founding principle of TUG. But you do need to do what you feel is right for your situation.
You are right. I am enjoying my timeshares. My problem is I was unable to get my usual 5 nights last year or this in Orlando for the first week in February and had to settle again on hard pressure sales at Panama city but will use the timer and leave.

miker32us

Reaction score
Several years ago when CWA was first pitched to us in an update there were around 20 of the older Fairfield resorts in the trust. It appeared Wyndham was trying to deed all their undeeded points in these older resorts via the trust. Each year I have seen resorts come and go on the list the sales people show me during owner updates. I distinctly asked a few years ago whether Myrtle Beach OB was in the trust and was told it was but the current list only shows MB Groves. Does Wyndham have the right or ability to change their TRUST yearly and if they do have the right what is the real value of CWA

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Still looking for trust to clear up your terrible website of Voyager and get us back on track. My grandchildren may take my deeds now that they could return to Gold.

miker32us

Reaction score
We attended another member update in San Antonio yesterday. Our sales person tried to get me to trade my 154k Myrtle Beach OB and 90k Branson Meadows deeds AND buy 105,000 more points so I could get a deed in the Las Vegas Grand Desert. He said I could never use all my points because they were spread over 2 resorts.

“Gee I have never had any problem using all my points”, I told him.

Update over

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
Several years ago when CWA was first pitched to us in an update there were around 20 of the older Fairfield resorts in the trust. It appeared Wyndham was trying to deed all their undeeded points in these older resorts via the trust. Each year I have seen resorts come and go on the list the sales people show me during owner updates. I distinctly asked a few years ago whether Myrtle Beach OB was in the trust and was told it was but the current list only shows MB Groves. Does Wyndham have the right or ability to change their TRUST yearly and if they do have the right what is the real value of CWA

Yes, they have some ability to swap out inventory.

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You are right. I am enjoying my timeshares. My problem is I was unable to get my usual 5 nights last year or this in Orlando for the first week in February and had to settle again on hard pressure sales at Panama city but will use the timer and leave.
At Panama City now upgraded again from 1_br to 1 br deluxe. Breakfast in the morning and 15000 WR again and two tumblers. We will enjoy saying no thanks and my daughter is ready to get sick if time is too long.

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Good update today. Still emphasis is on CWA as my only hope to divide UDI to two grandchildren but still no one interested. Ones who bought after 2001 can not use resale points for VIP status. Again questioned about my reason for attending and still don't want to fuss with concierge about parking pass and breakfast was good cheese eggs and bacon, grits and biscuits. Things are changing to shut out resales which is fine with me. They just returned from meeting in mexico where they received a high reward but didn't agree with TUG news on Workdmark not allowing resales or less than a week for first reservation which it sounded like. This quarter will see changes taking place. Interesting meeting and happy to get 15000 more points for hotels. I am leaving any decisions to be made at my demise by grandson who is in charge of my accounts. Ovations may be the only solution but until then I will continue to enjoy. My costs are about the same as CWA so why make any changes. I only own Fairfield deeds under point system.

Last edited:

seascapemvy

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I was told last February at the Skyline Tower that I am excluded from all member updates because I purchased 3 resale contracts. I will find out in jusdt over a week if they will bother me for another update, while at Bonnet Creek I was offered an update but declined and was left alone. Hopefully they will leave me alone in A. C.

MaryBella7

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hopefully they will leave me alone in A. C.

Likely, they will not. I am all resale and they won't leave me the heck alone there. Heck, we stayed once for ONE night (concert), and they still bugged the heck out of us.

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you all for booking the panhandak through April 5. I was able to book today back here in Panama City for my great grandson's spring break and will allow him to finally meet his cousins in Alabama. My other great grandsons have spring break in the mountains with us March 12-16. God has truly blessed us with all of these changes. Also I believe the $3000 will soon be erased.

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Again no openings in Orlando for my high school reunion in Tampa but the hotel section has a beautiful Travelodge in Lakeland for strawberry season this month and between the two cities so I can catch up with other old folks like me who will have a beautiful heavenly home awaiting us.

seascapemvy

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Likely, they will not. I am all resale and they won't leave me the heck alone there. Heck, we stayed once for ONE night (concert), and they still bugged the heck out of us.
They asked at the parking desk but I said no and they did leave us alone. They did say the manager that said I was excluded from updates no longer works there. Too bad because I would like to be on the excluded list.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
They asked at the parking desk but I said no and they did leave us alone. They did say the manager that said I was excluded from updates no longer works there. Too bad because I would like to be on the excluded list.

Send a letter to Wyndham asking to be excluded from "updates."