• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Have you had success trading you HGVC into Disney

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Last edited:

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, but still alot cheaper then buying dvc if you have a hgvc and can trade that hgvc for dvc.

That’s only if you are satisfied with Saratoga springs and occasionally old key west. Those wanting any other DVC resort needs to either rent or buy DVC.

Caligirlfrtx

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, SHERATON BROADWAY PLANTATION, GRAND PACIFIC PALISADES, SHERATON DESERT OASIS, HYATT COCONUT PLANTATION, RIVERVIEW RESORT
I'm confused on Elara. I'm just realizing that RCI has a registry collection. I see that some of the HICV sig units are in this collection. What would one have to own at Elara to stay in a registry unit? And to trade into DVC?

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
What would one have to own at Elara to stay in a registry unit? And to trade into DVC?

Elite Premier allows use of the Registry Collection

Caligirlfrtx

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, SHERATON BROADWAY PLANTATION, GRAND PACIFIC PALISADES, SHERATON DESERT OASIS, HYATT COCONUT PLANTATION, RIVERVIEW RESORT

Mosescan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Vegas Blvd, Craigendarroch lodges x 2
What does it take to be elite primers?
A lot of HGVC points purchased from HGVC. although some managed to get their points resale before HGVC changed the rules to not allow that to count towards Elite status.

Elite - 14000 points/year
Elite Plus - 24000 points/year
Elite Premiere - 34000 points/year

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
A few questions to pile on to the thread:
1) If I login to HGVC and then link to RCI account, and to just a Directory Listing, it appears that Saratoga Springs for DVC can ONLY be had for either 3 nights or 4 nights if using weeks (SEZZ and SDZZ codes)?
2) The DV06 code is for POINTS only (which means no OGS)?
3) Only 1 BR units? I couldn't find out that info on the RCI website (it would be nice to know ahead of time that you can only get 1 BR units)
4) Even though there's lots of choices listed, it seems you can only ever get into Saratoga Springs and once in a blue moon, Old Key West? None of the others are actually available?

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
1) If I login to HGVC and then link to RCI account, and to just a Directory Listing, it appears that Saratoga Springs for DVC can ONLY be had for either 3 nights or 4 nights if using weeks (SEZZ and SDZZ codes)?
2) The DV06 code is for POINTS only (which means no OGS)?

No, the RCI DV06 is used for RCI POINTS and RCI WEEKS inventory
Note: SEZZ and SDZZ have been rarely sighted. You can use the search function to find all previous TUG sightings in the Sightings Forum.

3) Only 1 BR units? I couldn't find out that info on the RCI website (it would be nice to know ahead of time that you can only get 1 BR units)
4) Even though there's lots of choices listed, it seems you can only ever get into Saratoga Springs and once in a blue moon, Old Key West? None of the others are actually available?

The RCI directory is just a catalog. It provides a complete list of all member resorts and information pertaining to each resort (unit sizes, fees, etc).

Exchange inventory is based on deposits which can change from time to time. As stated earlier in this thread, only one bedrooms have been sighted.

For example, HGVC resorts are listed in the RCI Directory but not all resorts and weeks are deposited.
That’s one of the main differences of choosing to be an exchanger vs a owner. As an exchanger, you have to be willing to take whatever is deposited (whatever resort, unit sizes and/or dates that become available). Having the flexibility to pick and choose where you want to stay and when you want to stay is an owner benefit (also a renter benefit too). Ownership definitely has its privileges.

Last edited:

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Several years ago, I brought a small DVC points package .. before the stink stunked the re-sale owners at DVC. It could also show you a road map on how to enjoy a DVC stays now.

Do the ongoing RCI searches but for really special times ... use 3 years of DVC points to GET a specific time or event FOR SURE. My 90 AKV points become 270 AKV points for that trip every 3 years ... and you better believe I WANT to stay at my Home Resort at DVC and with a better (costs more points) savanna view. Or stay offsite at another area resort (aka Bonnet Creek).

mj2vacation

Reaction score
NOTE: There is an existing private agreement between Wyndham and Disney that allows Disney to give inventory directly to Wyndham Vacation owners and I’m assuming vice versa. This inventory is separate and not part of RCI’s Deposit Inventory. Wyndham’s RCI members are having their ongoing search requests fulfilled through this exclusive pool of Disney inventory. So sightings posted by Wyndham owners might not be available via HGVC’s RCI web portal.

Where is this information from? First I have heard, and been involved with DVC for a long time.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Where is this information from? First I have heard, and been involved with DVC for a long time.

Yeah I’m assuming there are lots of things from an exchange company perspective that we’re just not privy to. ;)

Here’s the short version of the long story

Two years ago, I thought I had definite proof of a RCI System issue (older HGVC searches were not being fulfilled). So I took my ironclad case (which included RCI emails with their original date of request from both HGVC and Wyndham owners) to a HGVC Senior Director, who has helped me out in the past, in order to get this resolved once and for all. Well, the investigation into the issue lead us down this path. That’s when I was told directly from RCI about this arrangement.

Honestly, I wasn’t happy but I also wasn’t surprised. Especially based on the online RCI availability I’ve seen using my DVC web-portal for RCI vs what I can see with my WorldMark and HGVC timeshares. RCI definitely seems to be bending over backwards to keep Disney happy.

mj2vacation

Reaction score
Yeah I’m assuming there are lots of things from an exchange company perspective that we’re just not privy to. ;)

Here’s the short version of the long story

Two years ago, I thought I had definite proof of a RCI System issue (older HGVC searches were not being fulfilled). So I took my ironclad case (which included RCI emails with their original date of request from both HGVC and Wyndham owners) to a HGVC Senior Director, who has helped me out in the past, in order to get this resolved once and for all. Well, the investigation into the issue lead us down this path. That’s when I was told directly from RCI about this arrangement.

Honestly, I wasn’t happy but I also wasn’t surprised. Especially based on the online RCI availability I’ve seen using my DVC web-portal for RCI vs what I can see with my WorldMark and HGVC timeshares. RCI definitely seems to be bending over backwards to keep Disney happy.

RCI will do anything that they can to get any DVC inventory that they can. DVC Members did not have to pay exchange fees for the last two years. Why? RCI makes money on those exchanges, and not enough DVC Members use RCI. It’s typically a bad deal. I can rent my points for $17 each. Does not make sense to exchange with RCI.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
RCI will do anything that they can to get any DVC inventory that they can. DVC Members did not have to pay exchange fees for the last two years. Why? RCI makes money on those exchanges, and not enough DVC Members use RCI. It’s typically a bad deal. I can rent my points for $17 each. Does not make sense to exchange with RCI.

If Dvc and Rci on the other hand lowered the point requirements required by DVC owners then maybe it would be worth it to exchange into RCI.

Right now DVC owners pay 150 points for a studio those points would rent for minimum $2500 points.

By lowering the points I think more dvc’ers would use RCI and therefor RCI would make more money and receive more deposits.

mj2vacation

Reaction score
Right now DVC owners pay 150 points for a studio those points would rent for minimum $2500 points.

By lowering the points I think more dvc’ers would use RCI and therefor RCI would make more money and receive more deposits.

For Gold Crown, It is 130 for a studio, 150 for a one bedroom, and 260 for a two bedroom.

Subtract about 20 points a week for non GC.

Not bad for gc if you can go somewhere nice that has high rental rates. Most cases, however, it’s a downgrade.

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club, Marriott & Wyndham pts
Disney is now charging $24 a day for parking so better get it clarified if exchangers are going to be charged the parking fee.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Disney is now charging $24 a day for parking so better get it clarified if exchangers are going to be charged the parking fee.
My guesstimate is that everyone pays except DVC members.

MikeinSoCal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Overnight Self-Parking
  • Effective for reservations made March 21, 2018 and thereafter, standard overnight self-parking is available to registered Guests for a fee that will be applied to their hotel folio upon check-out. All parking fees include applicable tax.
Standard Overnight Parking charges per Resort Category:
  • Disney Value Resorts: $13 per night
  • Disney Moderate Resorts: $19 per night
  • Disney Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resorts: $24 per night
Complimentary standard parking is available to Guests staying at the Campsites at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort. Each campsite provides parking space for one (1) motorized vehicle.

Valet Parking
Valet Parking is available at select Disney Deluxe Resorts and Disney Deluxe Villas for $33 per night (sales tax included).

Guests with Disabilities
Designated parking areas are available throughout Walt Disney World Resort for Guests with disabilities. A valid disability parking permit is required.
Learn more about services for Guests with disabilities.

Disney Vacation Club Members
Members will not be charged for standard overnight self-parking when staying at a DVC Deluxe Villa, regardless of whether they use vacation points or another form of payment. Members also will not be charged to park when using vacation points to stay at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel.

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Several years ago, I brought a small DVC points package .. before the stink stunked the re-sale owners at DVC. It could also show you a road map on how to enjoy a DVC stays now.

Do the ongoing RCI searches but for really special times ... use 3 years of DVC points to GET a specific time or event FOR SURE. My 90 AKV points become 270 AKV points for that trip every 3 years ... and you better believe I WANT to stay at my Home Resort at DVC and with a better (costs more points) savanna view. Or stay offsite at another area resort (aka Bonnet Creek).
Do you mean before the extra perks were taken away? That hasn't affected the market at all. The cost per point has only gone up, and there are never enough points around for people hoping to buy them on the resale market. I don't know what you paid for your AKV points but I would venture that they are worth more right now.

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club, Marriott & Wyndham pts
We still don't know whether inbound DVC exchanges through RCI will be charged a parking fee. :ponder: Maybe someone with a recent confirmation will be able to tell us.

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Overnight Self-Parking
  • Effective for reservations made March 21, 2018 and thereafter, standard overnight self-parking is available to registered Guests for a fee that will be applied to their hotel folio upon check-out. All parking fees include applicable tax.
Standard Overnight Parking charges per Resort Category:
  • Disney Value Resorts: $13 per night
  • Disney Moderate Resorts: $19 per night
  • Disney Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resorts: $24 per night
Complimentary standard parking is available to Guests staying at the Campsites at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort. Each campsite provides parking space for one (1) motorized vehicle.

Valet Parking
Valet Parking is available at select Disney Deluxe Resorts and Disney Deluxe Villas for $33 per night (sales tax included).

Guests with Disabilities
Designated parking areas are available throughout Walt Disney World Resort for Guests with disabilities. A valid disability parking permit is required.
Learn more about services for Guests with disabilities.

Disney Vacation Club Members
Members will not be charged for standard overnight self-parking when staying at a DVC Deluxe Villa, regardless of whether they use vacation points or another form of payment. Members also will not be charged to park when using vacation points to stay at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel.

Wow that will drive a lot of people to use Disney's Magical Express Bus Service (and it will surely hurt the car rental market in MCO). I am very glad they didn't tie this new parking fee to non-developer points purchased after the deadline. Could that be on the horizon? I hope not!

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
If I use my RCI points to stay at Saratoga Springs in a one bedroom--I would have to pay the parking fee.

If I use my Vacation Club points to reserve a studio for those same nights I won't need to pay to park my car.

If I add the DVC studio to the one bedroom (RCI points reservation) I will have a two bedroom lockoff and parking will be included. Just something to think about;)

Last edited:

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
We still don't know whether inbound DVC exchanges through RCI will be charged a parking fee.

My reading is that we will be... Deluxe Villas = DVC Resorts.
See Icydog's post above. Only members will be exempt.

This will end my OGS for DVC.

Last edited:

tk25

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kings Land 12,600 points; Sea World 8400 points and Las Vegas Boulevard 7000 points
Its very easy to drive to Disney Springs from very close HGVC properties and park your car in their free ramp and take any of the free disney buses anywhere on Disney property or even ride on free boats to and from Disney Springs to Old Key West and several other of their lodging resorts. Disney Springs is Disney main transportation hub - all free. e.g. from Tuscany takes 5-10' to drive there.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
Its very easy to drive to Disney Springs from very close HGVC properties and park your car in their free ramp and take any of the free disney buses anywhere on Disney property or even ride on free boats to and from Disney Springs to Old Key West and several other of their lodging resorts. Disney Springs is Disney main transportation hub - all free. e.g. from Tuscany takes 5-10' to drive there.

Just remember that there are no buses directly from Disney Springs to the theme parks (would require changing buses at a resort), and the buses from the parks to Disney Springs don't start until 4pm.