• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Finally after all these years I got to meet a tugger in person!

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
For the first time I got to meet another tugger in person. I am not going to say who to keep their privacy, it’s not for me to tell. By my posts our fellow tugger realized I was staying at the same place and reached out. It was a nice unexpected holiday gift. I believe this will be a friendship that will blossom.

Here’s is a toast to all tugger friendships. Just another benefit of timeshare ownership. :thumbup:

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I definitely want to meet you. I thought you might have been my first. Wasn’t meant to be.;)

yes- same here! It will happen eventually!

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
I met one fellow TUG member but didn't know it at the time. It wasn't until after I checked out that we realized we crossed paths (in the hot tub, of all places! :D) via a TUG PM.

Kurt

Chrispee

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had coffee with a fellow TUG member in Maui shortly after I got into timesharing. He was a great resource for II trading info when I was learning the ropes and it was neat meeting him in person!

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
Isn’t there an annual TUG gathering in Florida these days? Does anyone know where it is this year and when exactly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
I have never met a tugger. But I have met several timeshare owners, that I tried to convince to become a tugger

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have never met a tugger. But I have met several timeshare owners, that I tried to convince to become a tugger
Most timeshare owners have no interest when I tell them about tug. Finally my last trip someone I met joined tug, Persistence worked.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
We all look alike, so no need to meet. Middle age and above overweight white folks who like to have a good time. Most of the guys are 'tonsorially challenged' and the women look better than the guys. How'd that work out anyway?

Anyone going to be in Las Vegas between Christmas and New Years?

Jim

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
I have met one tugger, and she was gracious enough to pass her boogie boards to us. My kids still talk about how cool that was. I really hope I can meet more tiggers as the years go on.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have met one tugger, and she was gracious enough to pass her boogie boards to us. My kids still talk about how cool that was. I really hope I can meet more tiggers as the years go on.
Maybe when you go to Naples I’ll be in Marco and we can meet.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Many years ago, someone came to my door and said “Hello, I’m Bruce the Tugger”. Almost called the vice squad
Once waiting for the train in New Orleans, someone asked if I was rapmarks
I have met several tuggers over the years

Last edited:

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Isn’t there an annual TUG gathering in Florida these days? Does anyone know where it is this year and when exactly?
That event is set for 2PM Wednesday, Jan. 23, 2019, at the Golden Corral, 8707 Vineland Avenue, Orlando FL. (Golden Corral has a bunch of Orlando-Kissimmee locations, so make sure you go to the 1 at S.R. 535 just south of the intersection with I-4.)

The start time is cleverly set so those eligible (i.e., old folks like The Chief Of Staff & me) can pay the discounted sr. citz. lunch rate but everybody will still be meeting & greeting & eating when the dinner menu items come out -- without paying extra for those.

Several TUG-BBS folks interested in being there lamented the date, because they'll be there 1 week earlier & will be gone before Jan. 23. That led to a move to have another, similar event at the same place 2PM Jan. 15, 2019.

The Chief Of Staff & I will be there both weeks, so if the earlier event does happen, we will gladly show up for that 1 also. As it is, however, nothing is firm about the possible Jan. 15 meet-up (so far as I know). I hope anyone better informed on the subject will let us all know. Till then, the only TUG meet-up we're signed up for is 2PM Jan. 23, 2019.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

Big Matt

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you have been on the BBS for a really long time you realize that some people come and go. Many post an incredible amount and disappear. Others who have contributed a lot have passed away, some very young (CMF). I have helped many via email and phone and feel like I know a lot of folks on the boards, but I have only ever met one person face to face (that I know of).

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
We all look alike, so no need to meet. Middle age and above overweight white folks who like to have a good time. Most of the guys are 'tonsorially challenged' and the women look better than the guys.
I resemble [most of] those remarks.

It is my extreme good fortune that The Chief Of Staff has stuck with me throughout all of the past 54 years despite my physical deterioration & post-middle age spread. She still looks great. (I can still walk under my own power.)

Not all the TUG folks are people of pallor, however, & not all the guys are pudged out. At an Orlando TUG get-together year before last, we were joined by a trim & attractive African American couple whom The Chief Of Staff & I met at Wyndham Cypress Palms during a (free) continental breakfast & resort event of some kind when we all were staying there (separately). The guy was enthusiastic about RCI Platinum & was eager to spread the word about that. We invited the couple to the Golden Corral TUG event, & we were happy & pleased to see them when they showed up & joined in. The more the merrier.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you have been on the BBS for a really long time you realize that some people come and go. Many post an incredible amount and disappear. Others who have contributed a lot have passed away, some very young (CMF). I have helped many via email and phone and feel like I know a lot of folks on the boards, but I have only ever met one person face to face (that I know of).
Interests change and some move on and then there are the tuggers that just keep going. Whether contributing a short or long time all helped embroider the essence of tug. Some like myself left for years and then came back home.