• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How early is too early for timeshare refresh housekeeping?

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
In my book, 9:15 is too early. Carlsbad Village resort has Saturday checkin on one side, Sunday the other. They are not turning rooms over mid-week unless someone bails early. I knew today was a refresh day on our "Saturday side" of the building, and we planned to send them away or put the DND sign out. IMHO, anything before 10 am is too early. We were up today at 8am, but 9:30 is our usual wake up time. We sent her away today and will do so again on Friday refresh; looks like she'll want in early for the Wednesday mini cleaning too, so I'll out the DND sign out Tuesday night. Our experience some places have been if you aren't ready to have them in when they're here you're out of luck, other places they'll check back until they get in and finally leave a message on the phone that they did not enter (which would be our preference if we leave the sign out).

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm OK with between 9 & 10. If we are going out exploring/shopping/beaching, we are likely to be out by then, and if not, we can usually hold off housekeeping for a few minutes while we get ready and get out. Better that than at meal, siesta, or later.

Jim

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Anytime after 9:00 a.m. seems right with me. We keep the DND sign on the door as soon as we check-in. On days of housekeeping is the only time we remove the sign and just remove it when we leave the unit.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
We do not mind 9:00 AM, but if they have not come by noon or 1:00, we put out the Do Not Disturb sign and skip a day.

We tend to do beach, pool, or shopping in the morning and then shower, have lunch around 1:00 and hang out on the deck for a while or inside if it is hot. I do not like to be "locked" out on the deck while the floor is drying and bathroom is being cleaned.

We are fine with mid-week service since our resorts have lots of towels and I have to make a special effort to not make my bed when I get up. :)

Last edited:

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I think like 9am + is ideal, but I generally would not refuse a refresh if it were a little earlier or even much later. I am happy to get the service as it is rare at many resorts.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
I think like 9am + is ideal, but I generally would not refuse a refresh if it were a little earlier or even much later. I am happy to get the service as it is rare at many resorts.

Any housekeeping during the week at Worldmark is non-existent, so we find three times during our stay almost intrusive!

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Any housekeeping during the week at Worldmark is non-existent, so we find three times during our stay almost intrusive!

I am satisfied with once in the middle of the week as they do in one of our timeshares. Wish they did it at our other one.

But I must say, when we were in Utah recently at Cable Mountain Lodge they came in every single day and cleaned, replaced linens, ran the dishwasher (put the coffee pot in it for us), made the bed, emptied the garbage, vacuumed, replaced the coffee and tea,- the whole nine yards and being a clean freak I loved it! We were out when they came except for the last day. No biggie. I went to the pool to hang out and hubby just hung around on the balcony and enjoyed the gorgeous view.

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
We like to skip housekeeping for the week. Hubby doesn’t like anyone in our room. If we need towels or toiletries we just ask a housekeeper that’s working on a room near by.

An exception was Hilton Moorea this summer ( hotel ) and Phuket. Housekeeping refilled bottled water daily. At the Hilton they refilled free beer and soda too!

ausman

TUG Member
Reaction score
9:15 is too early for my wife, she puts out the Do Not Disturb sign the night before and removes it when we go out.

Usually the cleaning staff circles back around but if they don't we really don't care.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
I always request cleaning at noon, and sometimes they actually pass the message on correctly to housekeeping.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk