• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Delta tests free WiFI on flights in the U.S.

Luvtoride

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Desert Springs Villas II
Marriott Grande Ocean
It's about time! Due to the spotty quality of most in-flight wi-fi connections (including JetBlue's free Fly-fi that we use frequently) I'd be hard pressed to pay anything for it.
Without a "guarantee" of at least a certain quality connection, its sort of a crap shoot to pay for wi-fi on an airline. As long as you are only using it for email, text messaging and light browsing, it should work fine. The large amount of good will that the airline will get with passengers for giving it for free, should more than offset the "lost revenue" for this amenity.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My sister and brother-in-law flew Delta from LAX to LAS in February and said they had free WIFI during the flight.

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
I stopped buying the airline WiFi after my first few times using it. For the most part it’s all but useless.
Lately we’ve rented and downloaded movies to our devices. I also check to see if they’re showing anything for free we might want to watch on our flights. The problem, of course, is you can’t count on their free content anymore than you can count on their WiFi being worth a darn.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
I flew delta yesterday. No free WiFi, but the first flight had movies and I watched Will You Ever Forgive Me, which I enjoyed. Second flight had nothing, so read my book.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Call me old school, but I still travel with a good book.

I wouldn't call you old school. There's nothing wrong with a "good book" other than maybe the little extra weight to lug around. And I have never used wi-fi on a flight. I just play games or read on my phone or tablet computer.

AJCts411

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset x 2
I'm guessing that with the "free" WI-Fi, the onboard entertainment, screens on the back of the seats are gone.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I find that the wi-fi on Delta is convenient to access the Delta site and check for gate info if I have a connection. That's always been gratis.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS