• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Have you had success trading you HGVC into Disney

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
I've seen many DVC units in RCI probably because we have access to weeks and points
as opposed to my other ownerships.
I own DVC and SSR is one of my home resorts so I don't need to trade in there much.
I have gotten a Vero DVC unit in the past.
Haven't tried for that in a while so not sure if those are still popping up.

Nothing wrong with SSR except that the studio portion of the 2 bedrooms gets abused
because of the 5 people occupancy and their popularity for points renters.
SSR is getting a refurb soon so hopefully it will improve.

I personally only stay at AKV, Poly, Wilderness, Boardwalk and Grand FL these days.
I could points stretch at OKW and it's a nice place but I prefer the theming of the
other resorts and only stay on-site if I am doing 100% Disney stuff.
Otherwise I prefer to exchange into a Marriott, Hilton, Starwood, BG or Bonnet Creek.
So many great options in Orlando with bigger units if you are doing anything
other than a Disney trip.

elleny76

Reaction score
I am logged in HGVC_RCI and I don't see anything available for SSR. Am I doing something wrong? How do you see several days for booking in SSR? thanks

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
I am logged in HGVC_RCI and I don't see anything available for SSR. Am I doing something wrong? How do you see several days for booking in SSR? thanks
What you see online in RCI is the "left-overs", so popular resorts like Disney rarely have any weeks online. Your best bet is to put in an Ongoing Search (OGS) in RCI, then you will be placed in a queue for when Disney deposits are made. You should put in your request at least a year out for best results.

Kurt

elleny76

Reaction score
What you see online in RCI is the "left-overs", so popular resorts like Disney rarely have any weeks online. Your best bet is to put in an Ongoing Search (OGS) in RCI, then you will be placed in a queue for when Disney deposits are made. You should put in your request at least a year out for best results.

Kurt
Thanks.. I did the OGS at 11 months and nothing. This is for WDW any resort is fine by me. I called RCI and they said to me that DVC release some rooms betw 4-5 months before the date of the OGS. (?) Still waiting.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Thanks.. I did the OGS at 11 months and nothing. This is for WDW any resort is fine by me. I called RCI and they said to me that DVC release some rooms betw 4-5 months before the date of the OGS. (?) Still waiting.

Keep in mind that WDW rooms are in high demand. Your OGS is basically in a queue. Even if your desired date becomes available, it doesn’t mean you’re next in the queue to receive it. Some folks have OGS over a year old.

Is SSR (RCI code DV06) one of the resorts listed in your OGS?
Is your OGS for a one bedroom?
Does your OGS include a broad date range (versus a very restricted date range)?
Are you looking online as well (OGS is only against RCI WEEKS Inventory)?

Also for only $15 you can become a TUG Member (instead of a guest). Not only would you gain access to the TUG Sightings board where you can see what has been sighted in RCI recently and in the past but you will also be contributing to the support of TUG.
https://saas.shopsite.com/tug2/tugsecurepayment.html :thumbup:

Last edited:

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I have RCI codes for all DVC resorts at WDW. I once did an OGS for each.
However, with the new parking fee, I'd almost rather stay off-campus... almost.

Azdro716

TUG Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind that WDW rooms are in high demand. Your OGS is basically in a queue. Even if your desired date becomes available, it doesn’t mean you’re next in the queue to receive it. Some folks have OGS over a year old.

Is SSR (RCI code DV06) one of the resorts listed in your OGS?
Is your OGS for a one bedroom?
Does your OGS include a broad date range (versus a very restricted date range)?
Are you looking online as well (OGS is only against RCI WEEKS Inventory)?

Also for only $15 you can become a TUG Member (instead of a guest). Not only would you gain access to the TUG Sightings board where you can see what has been sighted in RCI recently and in the past but you will also be contributing to the support of TUG.
https://saas.shopsite.com/tug2/tugsecurepayment.html :thumbup:

I am a member of tug, where is this sightings site located? And in general what is it for?

toontoy

Reaction score
I had an ongoing search and it pulled a couple of results, I was picky with the week and ended up finding it in points. If you have a broad search though you should be able to find it. I was only seeing the SSR resort though none of the others have popped up in my 2 year search.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I am a member of tug, where is this sightings site located? And in general what is it for?
You are still listed as a guest. If you paid your membership fee, you need to complete the registration so you will be listed as a member before you can access the sightings.

Jason245

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you mean before the extra perks were taken away? That hasn't affected the market at all. The cost per point has only gone up, and there are never enough points around for people hoping to buy them on the resale market. I don't know what you paid for your AKV points but I would venture that they are worth more right now.
For the life of me the economics on dvc points on resale market still make no sense..

The contracts are half used up and every year becomes a year closer to rtu end date yet somehow the price goes up every year..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
For the life of me the economics on dvc points on resale market still make no sense..

The contracts are half used up and every year becomes a year closer to rtu end date yet somehow the price goes up every year..

That's why I just bought direct from Disney.
The price differential wasn't that big when I bought and Disney gave me an extra
years points and a cash rebate incentive with free closing costs and financing
options that did not appear on my credit report.
I think that's why so many just buy direct.

I bought my last contract from Disney for $140 and now they've raised the price
of the same points to $225. They always offer members an incentive to add-on.
This is the first time I've done the add-on because I knew I wanted Poly when
they offered it. It's been a resort near and dear to my heart since I was a kid
so I vowed to buy it if it became available and it did! :cheer:

Jason245

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's why I just bought direct from Disney.
The price differential wasn't that big when I bought and Disney gave me an extra
years points and a cash rebate incentive with free closing costs and financing
options that did not appear on my credit report.
I think that's why so many just buy direct.

I bought my last contract from Disney for $140 and now they've raised the price
of the same points to $225. They always offer members an incentive to add-on.
This is the first time I've done the add-on because I knew I wanted Poly when
they offered it. It's been a resort near and dear to my heart since I was a kid
so I vowed to buy it if it became available and it did! :cheer:
Even that doesn't make sense.

At this point, every year equals about a 4 percent loss in value (1 out of 25 years) , yet the price goes up 3 to 5 percent.. that is a net 7 to 9 percent increase in price..

Retail or resale inflation isn't close to that high. .

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Hmmm.. this is a thread on exchanging into DVC. :)
Please start the purchase debate on another thread in the TUG DVC forum.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.

Sorry I get off topic quite easily these days. :p

Jason245

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well.. on topic. I put in an ogs via hgvc portal in December. Wide open for 2 years, all dvc resorts in orlando except ssr and okw...

So far.. nothing..

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
Well.. on topic. I put in an ogs via hgvc portal in December. Wide open for 2 years, all dvc resorts in orlando except ssr and okw...

So far.. nothing..

You gotta add OKW and SSR if you want Disney these days.
Seems they are only depositing 1 bedrooms too so if you
don't have those I doubt you're gonna match.
Seems the free wheeling DVC days are over.
Personally I'm fine with that.

Jason245

TUG Member
Reaction score
I get that. Dw and I would rather stay at hgvc orlando than ssr or okw... the only way it makes sense it to get something that will provide a special experience. . E.g. walking from resort to park or waking up and seeing animals from balcony. . Otherwise for the exchange fee, parking, and the inbound fee.. the economics don't make sense.
You gotta add OKW and SSR if you want Disney these days.
Seems they are only depositing 1 bedrooms too so if you
don't have those I doubt you're gonna match.
Seems the free wheeling DVC days are over.
Personally I'm fine with that.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
I get that. Dw and I would rather stay at hgvc orlando than ssr or okw... the only way it makes sense it to get something that will provide a special experience. . E.g. walking from resort to park or waking up and seeing animals from balcony. . Otherwise for the exchange fee, parking, and the inbound fee.. the economics don't make sense.

I hear ya.
You might want to consider renting points
to get those special experiences.

Jason245

TUG Member
Reaction score
I hear ya.
You might want to consider renting points
to get those special experiences.
The good thing about hgvc is that I can run an ogs with no deposit in rci.. if I hit something great.. if not.. search again or request a refund. .

Part of me is interested in seeing if anything comes of it..

Points rental seems to still be significantly more expensive than rci exchange fees plus all the dvc fees and the mf value of points..

Maybe one day I will have enough money to be ok with that.. but for now. . We will just stay in Tuscany.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
The good thing about hgvc is that I can run an ogs with no deposit in rci.. if I hit something great.. if not.. search again or request a refund. .

Actually you can do better than that. You can have a search running without paying the fee, that way you don’t need to request any refund if you don’t find anything.

Part of me is interested in seeing if anything comes of it..

Points rental seems to still be significantly more expensive than rci exchange fees plus all the dvc fees and the mf value of points..

Going to any of the dvc resort other than ssr and Okw will be more than you can get an exchange through RCI for. Basically you only pay the exchange fee + dvc resort fee when going to ssr and Okw through RCI. Before getting that far you also pay the annual mf of you timeshare which points you use to exchange into dvc. When adding up all those costs you end up paying x amount of money. Only you can decide if it’s worth it or not.

Maybe one day I will have enough money to be ok with that.. but for now. . We will just stay in Tuscany.

You could also rent out your hgvc points and use that cash to offset the cost of renting DVC points. Another option would be to add a few extra days at a dvc resort next time you go to Orlando. That way you don’t have to rent an entire week worth of points but only 2-3 days in maybe a studio.

Warning: you might get hooked on dvc and end up buying points there yourself :D:D:D

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Today, I got a match w/ my OGS for Saratoga Spgs for 9/17.
But I can't use it. DW has other activities set for that week. :(

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
I just got OGS match for SSR 1 bdrm starting Thanksgiving weekend. Dates too difficult to work from West Coast with school schedule so will release.

For time and cost reasons, prefer Anaheim but have never gotten a match. Have Peacock Anaheim for Xmas 2019 via OGS for Star Wars land. Peacock not as nice but not in room much either. May try to switch to WorldMark Anaheim or rent.

Last edited:

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
LoL...As they say, "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take..."