• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Updated info regarding the automatic cancellation of late check ins..

richardm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Updated info on late check ins: Previously I was told that in the event of a late check in- the reservation would be held for 48 hours before being canceled. That timeframe is no longer correct.. Reservations are canceled by the central system at 2am. This means for a reservation that checks in on Friday at 4pm, if the owner doesn't arrive by 2am Sunday morning (34 hours later) the reservation would be canceled and deleted. According to a front desk rep- there are no exceptions to this policy so phone calls and system notes no longer make any difference..

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
If someone is caught under the resort representation that would not be a good thing. I would still call the resort you are going to to see if they would work something out. Hopefully, all resorts are not going to go with this one.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Updated info on late check ins: Previously I was told that in the event of a late check in- the reservation would be held for 48 hours before being canceled. That timeframe is no longer correct.. Reservations are canceled by the central system at 2am. This means for a reservation that checks in on Friday at 4pm, if the owner doesn't arrive by 2am Sunday morning (34 hours later) the reservation would be canceled and deleted. According to a front desk rep- there are no exceptions to this policy so phone calls and system notes no longer make any difference..

Which resort are you staying at that told you this? Wouldn't Wyndham have an obligation to notify everyone with a reservation if the policy has changed?

I just opened a reservation I made on January 6th and it this is what it still says:
"For late arrivals, please notify the resort so that they may provide further check-in information. For arrivals later than 48 hours after the scheduled check-in without notification, the reservation may be canceled without notification."

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I wonder if this also applies to deeded (non points) weeks and RCI reservations. I have always called when not checking in on check in day but sometimes I don't plan on using the full week and it would be terrible if they could cancel my reservation even if I called.

richardm

TUG Member
Reaction score
The shortened time frame is due to scheduling when the central reservations system automatically updates at 2am.. Now that resorts are fully integrated to the new reservation system- added notes won't matter any longer. When the reservation is deleted, so are those notes.. The ONLY way a front desk rep can even find the reservation would be to log in under the member's account and search their canceled reservations. However, I don't know how that would help... This won't be an issue for most people- but could be a big problem for others if they aren't aware.

As for fixed week owners, they should not be impacted as those are normally done through a separate inventory control system- however- I'd still call to ask..

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
"I just opened a reservation I made on January 6th and it this is what it still says: "For late arrivals, please notify the resort so that they may provide further check-in information. For arrivals later than 48 hours after the scheduled check-in without notification, the reservation may be canceled without notification."

Page 340 of the current member's directory has similar wording. I did not see any thing changing this in the 2017 supplement.

richardm

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'd love for this info to be wrong, but I did confirm the timeframe by speaking with front desk reps at two different properties. This wouldn't be the first time the published information didn't change as quickly as the policies.. I can appreciate the difficulty with the tech side of the problem. You don't want to be publishing updates through a shared network at 4pm- precisely the time when all the shared users would be most active on the system. Those updates would normally be pushed through during a slow use time- so 2am makes sense from that point of view.

In my opinion, the best decision would have been to process the cancellation at the first update AFTER the 48 hours.

The reality is that this won't impact enough people that it makes a difference to the corporate mindset.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just opened a reservation I made on January 6th and it this is what it still says:
"For late arrivals, please notify the resort so that they may provide further check-in information. For arrivals later than 48 hours after the scheduled check-in without notification, the reservation may be canceled without notification."
WYN are you listening? I dought you could win this one if it ever goes to court.
How is WYN damaged by a late check in? You’re not !!
Our reservations are paid in full before we ever check in.
We can’t modify the length of our stay even inside of 15 days.

WYN you are going to have to allow us to modify our length of stay inside of 15 days at a minimum. We will still lose our points.
Since your IT department has a 99% chance of failing to implement a change of this magnitude.
The only thing you can do is have a NO cancellation policy on LATE check ins.

WYN emergencies come up that people have no control over.
Longer reservations are great. This change will definitely come into play.
WYN YOU HAVE TO LEARN HOW THE CHANGES YOU MADE HAVE EFFECTED THE OWNERS AS WELL
YOU HAVE TO ADAPT TO THE CHANGES JUST LIKE US OWNERS.

This assumes the information the OP has posted is correct.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just checked into Wyndham Panama City a day late. I called last night to the resort. Was told it would be no problem to check in a day late. And checkin went just fine.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
Just checked into Wyndham Panama City a day late. I called last night to the resort. Was told it would be no problem to check in a day late. And checkin went just fine.

It's the second day late that would be the issue in this scenario. The morning after you checked in is still within 48 hours and one would expect to be able to check in per the published guidelines, but it's after the 2am processing and it sounds like that person might be out of luck if they tried to check in.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
How does it for for resorts on the west coast and hawaii? 2am (central processing time) is still pretty early the second night.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
How does it for for resorts on the west coast and hawaii? 2am (central processing time) is still pretty early the second night.
WYN doesn’t think of the consequences of its actions. People have funerals come up. What about bad weather and flights cancelled. You might be sick and push your arrival back 2-3 days.

This change can’t stay in place. With a 10-14 day reservation that you can’t modify. Owners could lose 1,000,000 points or more is riduculous and I don’t think WYN could win a class action suit on this one.

Why does WYN care if you check in 3 days after your reservation starts?

Last edited:

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
How would you like to have a late flight into Hawaii on day 2 and end up with no reservation as am1 points out. Your reservation would be cancelled at 9 or 10PM depending on time of year. I think Hawaii doesn’t have daylight savings time anymore

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Per Wyndham, If someone with a existing reservation (example seven days or more) and is going to show up late, all they have to do is to call the resort before the check-in date and the resort will let them check-in late. The new system does not cancel a reservation for late or no show. The resort is the one that cancels it.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Per Wyndham Panama City, if someone is going to be late, they just have to call in and let them know and they will mark the reservation so it will be held.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Four posts by the SAME poster does NOT change the computer program which is CANCELLING overlapping or stays NOT CHECKED into.

What has worked in the PAST at some resorts is NOW NOT what the corporately controlled, programmed and managed computer IS NOW PROGRAMMED TO DO.

The corporation benefits ... the owners are the ones NOT FOLLOWING the NEW(er) rules.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wouldn’t be the first time WYN made changes that hadn’t been relayed to all levels of personnel.
We know WYN monitors TUG so hopefully they already changed what was a new rule.

jumoe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Last week: Due to the storm in the east and international flight delays, I had a guest check in at 6am eastern time.
They were due to arrive on the 8th. They checked in at 6am eastern time on the 10th.
They did not tell me they were late. I did not call and alert the resort they would be late.
The guest asked me (at 5:30 am on the 10th) how to check in - that was my only notification they were late.
The resort had their unit available with no issues and checked them in.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Last week: Due to the storm in the east and international flight delays, I had a guest check in at 6am eastern time.
They were due to arrive on the 8th. They checked in at 6am eastern time on the 10th.
They did not tell me they were late. I did not call and alert the resort they would be late.
The guest asked me (at 5:30 am on the 10th) how to check in - that was my only notification they were late.
The resort had their unit available with no issues and checked them in.
Classic example of even the current rules could ruin a vacation. Your guest were still within the 48 hrs. If they arrived late on the 10th their reservation could’ve been gone. That would be a nice call to you at midnight.

If in fact there is a new rule who knows when it takes effect

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
Four posts by the SAME poster does NOT change the computer program which is CANCELLING overlapping or stays NOT CHECKED into.

What has worked in the PAST at some resorts is NOW NOT what the corporately controlled, programmed and managed computer IS NOW PROGRAMMED TO DO

True. But it is also clear from other reports that it is not as automated as some are speculating on or has been heard. Clearly the best solution in the short term is to double/triple check by calling.

If I got caught in this situation, I certainly would be making the case that I followed the published rules by calling and expect my room to be available.

Don40

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
What you have missed is WYN new product vacation insurance. So they want you to buy the insurance on all reservation just in case there is a problem, hear the cash register ring. An additional $7.95 per reservation. These guys are really smart "greedy to the max"

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
What you have missed is WYN new product vacation insurance. So they want you to buy the insurance on all reservation just in case there is a problem, hear the cash register ring. An additional $7.95 per reservation. These guys are really smart "greedy to the max"

Is this legitimate or did I miss the joke? If it is true where do they have the details? Thanks.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Per Wyndham, the program under that name at that price does not exist. They tested a program for about two weeks not long ago it was for $49.xx and covered points up to date of check-in. Wyndham may or may not re-launch it in a month or two.