• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

US Warning for Los Cabos & Fiesta Americana

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
Well...automatic or not does not matter because the outcome was still the same - many innocent people died that day. "If it quacks like a duck..."

Agreed. I think the important thing to keep in mind is there powerful weapons in the US, Mexico and plenty of other countries as well. Unfortunately stuff happens everywhere now. That said, everyone needs to consider their own personal comfort level when traveling. Sanitation, food safety, street crimes, terrorism, and even natural events can ruin your vacation...

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Dead is Dead. No matter the caliber. No matter the type of weapon - knife, machete, sword, long gun, hand gun, etc. I just believe in being accurate.

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
We were in Las Vegas when the recent shooting took place from Mandalay Bay. The Semi-Automatic Weapons were converted to an Automatic Weapons. Relatives, and friends of those killed and the 500 survivors that were hit with the bullets would not differentiate between the type of weapons used. Automatic weapons were used!

This incident didn't involve a drug related motive and the people killed and doing the killing were NOT involved in drugs.

We prefer to stay in the United States for our trips because we feel more comfortable in our country, knowing our customs, and hopefully have the protection of our laws and the enforcement of our laws. Lapses in the fair enforcement of our laws is a concern for many in our country.

My original post did not get into being dead or injured by getting shot. It was just in response to the automatic weapon comment.

Last edited:

HGVC Lover

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Flamingo and HGVC Paradise
We were in Las Vegas when the recent shooting took place from Mandalay Bay. The Semi-Automatic Weapons were converted to an Automatic Weapons. Relatives, and friends of those killed and the 500 survivors that were hit with the bullets would not differentiate between the type of weapons used. Automatic weapons were used!

This incident didn't involve a drug related motive and the people killed and doing the killing were NOT involved in drugs.

We prefer to stay in the United States for our trips because we feel more comfortable in our country, knowing our customs, and hopefully have the protection of our laws and the enforcement of our laws. Lapses in the fair enforcement of our laws is a concern for many in our country.

We travel all over the world and the US has thousands of citizens killed each year in drug, gang and violent crimes with guns.....to say the US is safer then other parts of the world is pure fantasy.....

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Tiempo - Compartido en Mexico
Sales Statistic - 2015

Extreajeres - 150.974
Mexicanos - 58,036
Total - 209.010

Biggest statistical risk while visiting a TS in Mexico
- Mexican based Timeshare Salespeople .

I will try to find the link in the Mexican TS forum

http://amdetur.org.mx/.el-tiempo-compartido-en-mexico/

<originally posted by shoegal - Oct 3 2017 - post 4 - thread - So you bought a timeshare in Mexico ? >

Last edited:

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
Automatic weapons were not used in Las Vegas. The guy had fitted his semi-automatic weapons with "bump or bumper stocks." The trigger still had to be pulled each time to send a round down range. The "bump or bumper stocks" simply allow/caused the trigger to be pulled quicker. Also an AR-15 is a specific make of semi-automatic rifle. There are many manufacturers of semi-automatic rufles in various calibers - 5.56, 7.62, etc. No automatic rifle has been used in a mass shooting event in the USA, since I think the 1930's. The lack of knowledge about firearms is well demonstrated by all News people. They frequently and inaccurately refer to M-16, AR-15, semi-automatic, automatic, etc. Bumper stocks are widely available for various long guns and the ATF has declined to regulate them.

I acknowledge and concur with your precise definition of automatic, semi-automatic, and bumper stock modified semi-automatic. My point and position on all 3 of these weapons is that they have an excellent capacity to kill a great deal of people without a great deal of careful and accurate aim. Furthermore, my question to any civilian who desires to possess these weapons is what is your reason for having them except to kill a lot of people easily.

rahulgopi

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is no denying the fact that crime exist in USA like any other part of the world. Big difference is the lawlessness that exist in many other part of the world along with crime. Bribe is common among officials and when they are part of the problem, it is hard to know whom to trust.