• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2019 ] Resale wait times?

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think what they were asking, is if there is a gap in time between the time it disappears from my account to the time it lands on their account. That I am not sure of. I don't think so, but I don't know for sure.
No gap incoming or out going. Ownership shows same time it is gone as is the points are usually there or gone.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
I think what they were asking, is if there is a gap in time between the time it disappears from my account to the time it lands on their account. That I am not sure of. I don't think so, but I don't know for sure.

That’s right, Richelle. I seem to remember reading some posts at various times of people complaining that Wyndham had transferred the deeds but the points still weren’t showing in their accounts. Maybe I’m wrong about that but I don’t think so.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
That’s right, Richelle. I seem to remember reading some posts at various times of people complaining that Wyndham had transferred the deeds but the points still weren’t showing in their accounts. Maybe I’m wrong about that but I don’t think so.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know there are instances where points don't show up, but that could be because the orginal owner used them all or a system glitch. I think by design though, it's supposed to happen instantly.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know there are instances where points don't show up, but that could be because the orginal owner used them all or a system glitch. I think by design though, it's supposed to happen instantly.
Wyndhams new system is a work in progress still. No where do they have a clear cut explanation of what will happen on a private sale or transfer. Estopple or Ownership letter clearly states use year to be aligned, points that will transfer depends on current owners avalable points and existing reservations can be canceled. A few weeks back Wyndham told me all points will transfer to new owner. Thats even if no points are available for use and no reservations are available to cancel.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Wyndhams new system is a work in progress still. No where do they have a clear cut explanation of what will happen on a private sale or transfer. Estopple or Ownership letter clearly states use year to be aligned, points that will transfer depends on current owners avalable points and existing reservations can be canceled. A few weeks back Wyndham told me all points will transfer to new owner. Thats even if no points are available for use and no reservations are available to cancel.

Thankfully they didn't cancel any of my reservations. I was worried because the estoppel said I had 168,000 available of 308,000 for the next 3 years. All points were available, for all years, so I am not sure where they got the 168,000 points from. I was worried they would start canceling reservations, thinking I only had 168,000 points available. Glad that whole ordeal is over with. I should have just given it back to Ovations. Would have saved me four months of maintenance fees.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
The Margaritaville contract hit my account today. A couple days over the 10 week mark. Apparently the use year starts October 1, so I couldn’t roll this years points forward, but I did throw them into RCI. Better then letting them disappear and they were paid for by the previous owner. This is my second free contract from Timeshare Nation. Both went flawlessly. I did answer a one of two questions that I had about Margaritaville ownership...

1. I am VIPG and can book Margaritaville 8 months out. My question was, since I’m am a a Margaritaville owner, and can book 10 months out, can I combine them with my non-Margaritaville points? The answer is no for any reservations made more then 8 months from check in. For reservations made more then 8 months out, I can only use the 120,000 Margaritaville points I have.

The second question I had is, supposedly they hold back up to 50% of Margaritaville inventory for only Margaritaville owners. Hitchhiker71 and I compared inventory and they looked the same. So either they don’t hold it back or all the Margaritaville inventory that was held back is already booked. Or perhaps both are available and we cannot tell the difference. Until I see something a non-Margaritaville owner does not see, that question will remain unanswered and unproven.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Canterbury and Bay Club are still in the works. Wyndham received paperwork around 8/12 for Canterbury. Bay Club transfer is completed on the VRI side, paperwork sent to Wyndham and should be there soon. Canterbury should be done by end of next month or early November. Bay club will probably be done around December. Looks like I will have about 285,000 points to deposit or rent out.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Margaritaville contract hit my account today. A couple days over the 10 week mark. Apparently the use year starts October 1, so I couldn’t roll this years points forward, but I did throw them into RCI. Better then letting them disappear and they were paid for by the previous owner. This is my second free contract from Timeshare Nation. Both went flawlessly. I did answer a one of two questions that I had about Margaritaville ownership...

1. I am VIPG and can book Margaritaville 8 months out. My question was, since I’m am a a Margaritaville owner, and can book 10 months out, can I combine them with my non-Margaritaville points? The answer is no for any reservations made more then 8 months from check in. For reservations made more then 8 months out, I can only use the 120,000 Margaritaville points I have.

The second question I had is, supposedly they hold back up to 50% of Margaritaville inventory for only Margaritaville owners. Hitchhiker71 and I compared inventory and they looked the same. So either they don’t hold it back or all the Margaritaville inventory that was held back is already booked. Or perhaps both are available and we cannot tell the difference. Until I see something a non-Margaritaville owner does not see, that question will remain unanswered and unproven.

10 weeks total or after A&A?

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score

On the Oct 1 use year. Realignment should happen the next day after showing up. Points you deposited into RCI would have been available until Dec 31 when realigned. Let me know when use year is aligned. Thanks in advance.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation

“Should be” are the keywords. Will do.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score

Just had a deed show up in account this morning. Wyndham recieved the recorded deed and transfer fee $299 on 7/24. Called earlier this week on Monday and they said still under review and the current time frame for transfers was 12-14 weeks?

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just had a deed show up in account this morning. Wyndham recieved the recorded deed and transfer fee $299 on 7/24. Called earlier this week on Monday and they said still under review and the current time frame for transfers was 12-14 weeks?
First time I had a deed transfer on a Saturday. Points history tab shows 9/28 transfering points to new owner.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score

So when can PR book these units?

Having been to Rio Mar and stayed in the 3 bedroom PR (which is very nice BTW,) we got the cabana as it is a PR amenity that goes with the room and not the person. At MVR and Clearwater, you get different color wristband watch keys to differentiate ownership. I had a lowly green band while ever single cabana person had a black one (which denoted PR.) When I talked to many of them, they were very clear that they booked VERY early and paid their full points for the reservation. (I came in with discounts and upgrades.) So do PR owners actually jump in line ahead of you for the premium units?

I can think of another reason but that would probably be pretty untraceable unless you kept track for a long period of time.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
So when can PR book these units?

Having been to Rio Mar and stayed in the 3 bedroom PR (which is very nice BTW,) we got the cabana as it is a PR amenity that goes with the room and not the person. At MVR and Clearwater, you get different color wristband watch keys to differentiate ownership. I had a lowly green band while ever single cabana person had a black one (which denoted PR.) When I talked to many of them, they were very clear that they booked VERY early and paid their full points for the reservation. (I came in with discounts and upgrades.) So do PR owners actually jump in line ahead of you for the premium units?

I can think of another reason but that would probably be pretty untraceable unless you kept track for a long period of time.
12 months like all PR resorts

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
So we are really only talking about 4 resorts at the moment, with 2 being associate and 2 being PR. So MVC really only gets the jump on the two TN properties.

Margaritaville owners can book their home resort 13 months out. They can book other Margaritaville resorts 11 months out (different then Club Wyndham). Yes, PR gets a 1 month jump on Margaritaville owners not booking their home resort. However, PR owners can only book PR inventory 12 months out. If they want the regular inventory (maybe because the Margaritaville PR inventory is already taken), and they are not deeded at Margaritaville, they have to wait until 10 months. St. Thomas and Rio do not participate in RARP, so they cannot use that benefit to book 11 months out.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation

Contract realignment shows today. Not a big deal. I was going to book RCI anyway, because we are giving a honeymoon as a wedding present. They want to go to England.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Did you get full 2019 points expiring December 31,2019??
Or did Wyndham rob you as one claims??

I got all of 2019. I was too quick and moved then to RCI because originally they would have expired on September 30th. It’s possible they could have disappeared after the realignment. Wyndham has screwed things up before. I was going to make a reservation on RCI anyway, so it’s no big loss.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got all of 2019. I was too quick and moved then to RCI because originally they would have expired on September 30th. It’s possible they could have disappeared after the realignment. Wyndham has screwed things up before. I was going to make a reservation on RCI anyway, so it’s no big loss.

No proration on use year alignment is a loss of 3 months points. Oct 1st - Dec 31st no points to use and maintenance fees are being paid. Clearly a theft of someone's points and maintenance fees on points not available for use until 2020.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
No proration on use year alignment is a loss of 3 months points. Oct 1st - Dec 31st no points to use and maintenance fees are being paid. Clearly a theft of someone's points and maintenance fees on points not available for use until 2020.
What part of Richelles statement “I got all of 2019” do you not understand?
Wyndham could’ve sat on the transfer until October 1st then given Richelle full points from October 2 to December 31, 2019
The end result is the same in Richelles situation or do you want to claim I’m using Wyndham math?
Use year points go by the end date, whether it’s September 30 or December 31 we’re talking about 2019 use year points or is that to confusing for you like the Wyndham Sales Offices confuse & daze you? I’ve never left a sales office dazed & confused myself!!

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Why would anyone rescind if they never left a sales office dazed and confused?
I’ll say it again, I’ve never left a sales office dazed & confused!!
My wife noticed while we were signing the contract that it was for Royal Garden instead of Waikiki Beach Walk that we had toured.
We asked where Royal Garden was receiving an answer: just a couple blocks away & more modern showing us a couple of pictures.
We signed the contract telling the Wyndham rep we’d check Royal Garden out.

We left knowing exactly what we had purchased.
That night I was checking online to see what I could find out about Royal Garden & TUG popped up on the search.
After reading a little on TUG & finding resells available along with walking to Royal Garden the next morning we rescinded that day.
Thankfully Wyndham tried selling us Royal Garden instead of WBW or I wouldn’t of ever found TUG & resells.
I received the phone call a few days later trying to get us not to rescind. I replied that we felt they’d tried using a bait & switch tactic on us selling us Royal Garden when we toured WBW, also Royal Garden was never mentioned until my wife noticed it when we were signing.
They offered to switch our contract from Royal Garden to WBW, I replied it was too late that I’d found out about resells.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’ll say it again, I’ve never left a sales office dazed & confused!!
My wife noticed while we were signing the contract that it was for Royal Garden instead of Waikiki Beach Walk that we had toured.
We asked where Royal Garden was receiving an answer: just a couple blocks away & more modern showing us a couple of pictures.
We signed the contract telling the Wyndham rep we’d check Royal Garden out.

We left knowing exactly what we had purchased.
That night I was checking online to see what I could find out about Royal Garden & TUG popped up on the search.
After reading a little on TUG & finding resells available along with walking to Royal Garden the next morning we rescinded that day.
Thankfully Wyndham tried selling us Royal Garden instead of WBW or I wouldn’t of ever found TUG & resells.
I received the phone call a few days later trying to get us not to rescind. I replied that we felt they’d tried using a bait & switch tactic on us selling us Royal Garden when we toured WBW, also Royal Garden was never mentioned until my wife noticed it when we were signing.
They offered to switch our contract from Royal Garden to WBW, I replied it was too late that I’d found out about resells.
Sounds like you had a case of buyers remorse and bought something without fully doing your due diligence. Good thing you found tug and resales. Rescinding & Buying resale on the cheap saved you thousands. I also like saving thousands and buying resale. Good to know we do have something in common. I also buy resale, saving thousands over a developer purchase.:whooopie: