• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Why didn't somebody tell me BeachPlace was this nice?

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We arrived at BeachPlace today and am already lovin' the location. Since my kids are getting a little older now, this place is going to suit them very well. Definitely not the kid-oriented Ocean Pointe.

I got my requested room, high floor on the south end facing the ocean. How's 19th (top) floor, south east corner sound?? Quite possibly the best ocean front room in the entire resort. Since the balcony is also on the corner, I can actually stick my head out the side railing and see the intercoastal as well.

The room is REALLY nice. I was expecting something older. Everything seems new, not just the softgoods - everything: granite, stainless, Jacuzzi, furniture.

I met Al at the concierge. He knows Eric M and had nothing but good things to say.

The resort actually overbooked a hotel stay for tonight and had to find a room for a guest who had come in for the weekend. 100% full and just as described in may threads before, there was a little bit of an elevator issue. But with this room and view, who cares.

Anyhow, DW and kids (16yo DD & friend) are at the beach, and I'm chillin' from above with a cold one & binoculars in hand.:D

taffy19

Reaction score
That looks very nice, Terry. I was wondering how you got such a nice exchange during a holiday week but I see now that you are an owner there.

What is the weather like? Is it hot and humid?

Enjoy. :D

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
That looks very nice, Terry. I was wondering how you got such a nice exchange during a holiday week but I see now that you are an owner there.

What is the weather like? Is it hot and humid?

Enjoy. :D

I actually used a week 52 at DSV to trade into a week 27 BeachPlace. I did however mention the fact that I am an MBP owner and a multi-week Marriott owner and Marriott elite, every time I spoke to anyone. I even thin k I talked my way out out of paying for parking doing the same today. (Hope Eric isn't listening).

Funny thing is that I also "acted interested" when the sales lady posing as a concierge called me about the DC presentation. We spoke for 10 minutes. I set up a schedule and talked to her about the possibility of buying points. Now I can call and cancel my appointment. :ignore:

My ownersip - I have rented the last two years here at BeachPlace after reserving good spring break weeks. You know us Tuggers, always working the system.

pwrshift

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas
Glad you're enjoying BP and you certainly did get the best seat in the house. Keep the binocs handy as you'll have a great view of the cruise ships leaving Friday to Sunday evenings...as well as other 'scenery' famous in Laud.

I assume the small temporary Marketplace is close by for your morning jolt of Starbucks. You probably will get charged for parking as even regulars like me get charged if I'm using an exchanged week (so I go to P3 in protest). Tip on the elevators...in busy times, even if you want to go up take a down elevator and go for a ride. I'll bet you're enjoying the restaurant choices! Keep us posted.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Make sure you are in bed bt 8:00pm.

E

EducatedConsumer

Can I guess what you're looking at with the binoculars?

Ridewithme38

TUG Member
Reaction score
I bet it is all the big boo, err boats.

Ahh, one of the great pleasures of being single! I can openly oggle the boats floating around....heck, if i get the courage i can even take a few out for a test ride!

Afterall Boats are fun....until you buy one...then they cost more to maintain then they're worth ;)

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Someone wants said the best thing about owning a boat is the day you sell it.

Please continue to enjoy the boats in the harbour.

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Happy July 4th! We ate at Spazios last night. Everything was great. After dinner we strolled around a bit. During our stroll I noticed a police officer being manhandled by someone he was trying to subdue at Las Olas.

To say the least all hell broke out. Before long there were several people being manhandled by 6-8 officers and more arriving every minute.

It was dangerously crowded everywhere in the area last night, and most people had been drinking all day. Definitely and eye opener.

I hope this activity dies down as the locals head back to work.

We did get to watch one large cruise ship heading out to sea. There are several ships and barges anchored right outside my window. I wonder if they have anything to do with the fireworks display later tonight?

Turtle nests everywhere. There are 13 turtle nests marked off that I can see from my balcony.

I'll keep you posted,

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
We did get to watch one large cruise ship heading out to sea.

If that was an Royal Carribean ship yesterday, it was likely Allure of the Seas. Not just any large ship, the largest cruise ship in the world. We will be on her sister ship, Oasis of the Seas in November

pwrshift

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas
Congratulations...you found what amounts to about the only remnant left of the wet tee shirt era of Fort Lauderdale...the Elbo Room where Connie Frances appeared in 'Where The Boys Are'...way too close for comfort to Spazio and the reason I don't recommend it to people. On weekends the police usually have a paddy wagon across from it as a reminder of where the rowdies will go. At least the men in blue are always close by. Don't know why the Elbo Room is still in business though...probably some sick 'historic' reason.

While the retailers south of MBP are being upgraded bit by bit, walking north is a much better choice for dinner...the Ritz, Hilton, W, Westin, Casablanca, Trinas at the Atlantic, etc. Or take advantage of free valet parking at Capital Grille at Galleria...where there are 4 other good restaurants too (without free valet). Mai Kai has free valet too on North Federal.

The beach area is in the process of being upgraded from the old days and 2 bdrm condos on either side of MBP sell for over $2 million today. Like any major city there are places to be cautious and the Elbo area is one of them. But don't let that one experience rob you of the fun you'll have everywhere else.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
What a wonderful view. Have a great week. Is this the Eric that was on TUG for a while, or is it a different Eric. I found TUG's Eric to be nasty and mean.

Eric F is different from Eric. I just went back to the users' list to check. Eric hasn't posted in 18 months. Good riddance. He was moderated pretty often. I looked at his posts for a bit. Not a nice guy, but that is my opinion. He attacked me personally....

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
What a wonderful view. Have a great week. Is this the Eric that was on TUG for a while, or is it a different Eric. I found TUG's Eric to be nasty and mean.

Eric F is different from Eric. I just went back to the users' list to check. Eric hasn't posted in 18 months. Good riddance. He was moderated pretty often. I looked at his posts for a bit. Not a nice guy, but that is my opinion. He attacked me personally....

Different Eric. Terry is referring to minoter. He is on the board (I believe the President) at Beach Place Towers.

pwrshift

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes Minoter.

The bands and fireworks have now begun. A1A is closed today at Las Olas with a big stage setup where I just finished listening to 'Yankee Doodle' from my balcony. haha

Al is becoming my best friend here at BeachPlace. He set us up on a small drift boat for tomorrow that holds only 24 people. Currently 8 people signed up including our family of four.

DW and I walked / jogged this morning and actuallu did our return along the intercostal. Eating in tonight. We'll north early in the morning and check things out.

Beach is wall-to-wall people. Family is there and I'm heading that way.

Presentation. I just stopped by to cancel my presentation for tomorrow morning. The sales person was not happy and started to give me a spiel. I told him that I have a lot of friends online and have read thousands of posts about the DC Club, but I also had lots more to read. He quietly removed my name off the computer list. :)

... beach time.

OK, now they are playing 'God Bless the USA'.
Great to be an American today!

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am not knocking Beach Place. It is fantasitc. But for those of us owning (or exchanging) on the cheap, take a look at the Silver Seas about 200 yards to the North. They have a couple of nice ocean front units and free easy in-easy out parking, at least it was free the last time I stayed there.

George

pwrshift

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am not knocking Beach Place. It is fantasitc. But for those of us owning (or exchanging) on the cheap, take a look at the Silver Seas about 200 yards to the North. They have a couple of nice ocean front units and free easy in-easy out parking, at least it was free the last time I stayed there.

George

If it wasn't for the MR points I'd stay there for sure...you are just steps to the beach and 2 minute walk to the Ritz for dinner. Don't know if it's anywhere near the quality of BP but the people there seem happy. It's very small, but the free parking for guests and beach access is great.

caterina25

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marriott's BeachPlace Towers

Hi all,
Exchanged to MBP for the beginning of November.It sounds really nice.I love oceanfront properties.They assigned me a 2BR unit with the code HZZAB.Anyone know what this code is,oceanview or intercostal view ?Thanks

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2

pwrshift

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

minoter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thinze3
How was your stay at BeachPlace? All comments (constructive and complementary) are appreciated and will be passed onto the BeachPlace Board.
Eric Minotti